• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

F?

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think I'm an F. :violin:

I'm not logical. I know F =/ emotional, but I don't think I ignore my emotions either. I'm primarily idealistic over practical.

I'm thinking maybe I decided I was T in perhaps not the healthiest period of my life?

Asking your opinions since it's hard to observe yourself.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You do sometimes come off as an F in Vent, accusing people of being mean and such. ;) But I thought that could just be that you're a woman, and not having interacted with other ISTP women really (that I know of), I didn't really have anything else to go on.

It's hard for me to know about other people though. For me, it's pretty simple, I tear up at the slightest emotional thing I see/listen to/think about. My emotions are a fountain that never shuts off. But I know not all F types are weepy mofos like me, so I can't really take much from that except that if I'm not F, than no one is. :blush:

I think I might have to hang out with you in person to truly get a good "feel" for you, though. ;)

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Thanks Jeff, :hug:. I know it could just be there are so many F...."challenged" people on vent.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Maybe you're INFP? You did score highest on Fi and Ne on Ne-monster's quizzes.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For me, it's pretty simple, I tear up at the slightest emotional thing I see/listen to/think about. My emotions are a fountain that never shuts off. But I know not all F types are weepy mofos like me, so I can't really take much from that except that if I'm not F, than no one is. :blush:

See, I can sort of relate to that. Not so much the physical weeping- but I never feel like I'm "stoic" or "calm" or "rational". Maybe on the outside I can look like that, but on the inside I'm all tempestuous and chaotic and I go through 6 ups and 12 downs a day.

I can't relate at all to all that "logical" T-talk that appears on the board all the time. (What this "logic" supposed to be anyway- I don't get it. Either something makes sense, or it doesn't- what does logic have to do with it?) Obviously every person wants to do stuff that makes sense (and each person generally thinks what he/she does makes sense), F or T or mime, but I don't think that it requires meta-commentary or arbitrary structure to figure it out.

In real life, I often just want to proclaim, "I am woman! Not machine!" It sort of makes me think of an image Stephen Hawking uses in A Brief History of Time: an airplane is flying in a straight path, but its shadow on the hilly ground follows a winding path. People think they know how to extrapolate a straight path (the optimal way), but there's no such thing 'cause they don't see it but the space is warped.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've tackled this one before, I thought I was an F until I realized what it really means to be an F. After you've done something (almost anything), in that split moment after, what are you thinking about? -hang on, introverts think and then act :laugh:- Well, scan your thoughts just before you go to action. If you consider how you feel about whatever it is you're facing, then you're an F. If you try to figure out how it works or functions, you're a T. The auxillary Ne then comes in and relates the data you've taken in to either a system of beliefs, or a system of logic.

oh, and you need to assess what you think of first. If you have any sort of balance, you'll likely exibit some kind of F thoughts after you've gone through T (or vice verse).

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See I have the opposite problem.
I solve problems in a very T way.

Step 1.
Step 2.
Step 3.

Isn't that the definition of a T?
Making decisions using thinking, not feeling?

I never make decisions using my feeling side. I often don't "do what feels right" or base decisions on values alone.

But I decided I was a feeler because the overall sfp type descriptions simply match me better overall. I also care and sympathize with other's and am warm and take my feelings and values into consideration when making decisions. But then you know I consider everything. That's just one peice of it. I'm pretty objective for the most part. I'm not very emotional.. (overall.. unless i'm hormonal or overtired. Or like Jeffster said. Just being female.)

But now I just blame the T stuff on the Te.
I would always reccommend looking at the whole type description over the single dichotomies. I think you get more accurate results.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
I've tackled this one before, I thought I was an F until I realized what it really means to be an F. After you've done something (almost anything), in that split moment after, what are you thinking about? -hang on, introverts think and then act :laugh:- Well, scan your thoughts just before you go to action. If you consider how you feel about whatever it is you're facing, then you're an F. If you try to figure out how it works or functions, you're a T. The auxillary Ne then comes in and relates the data you've taken in to either a system of beliefs, or a system of logic.

oh, and you need to assess what you think of first. If you have any sort of balance, you'll likely exibit some kind of F thoughts after you've gone through T (or vice verse).

Very accurate, imo. Problem i have is assessing things through values and principles simultaneuosly.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
See I have the opposite problem.
I solve problems in a very T way.

Step 1.
Step 2.
Step 3.

Isn't that the definition of a T?
Making decisions using thinking, not feeling?

I never make decisions using my feeling side. I often don't "do what feels right" or base decisions on values alone.

But I decided I was a feeler because the overall sfp type descriptions simply match me better overall. I also care and sympathize with other's and am warm and take my feelings and values into consideration when making decisions. But then you know I consider everything. That's just one peice of it. I'm pretty objective for the most part. I'm not very emotional.. (overall.. unless i'm hormonal or overtired. Or like Jeffster said. Just being female.)

But now I just blame the T stuff on the Te.
I would always reccommend looking at the whole type description over the single dichotomies. I think you get more accurate results.

Also, if you were a T, then you'd also be a J, because you're definitely using Te over Ti. It's also quite clear that you don't fit the TJ descriptions :D

Very accurate, imo. Problem i have is assessing things through values and principles simultaneuosly.

:worthy: OHHH HOLY MESSIAH, YOU MUST TEACH ME HOW TO TRAIN MY BRAIN TO THINK THROUGH TWO STRANDS OF THOUGHT SIMULTANEOUSLY!!

I always thought it'd be impossible to do that. I can always sort of hear myself think, narrating to my inner ear. Thinking through both things at once should technically be impossible, one of these thoughts occurs to you first, it should just be a matter of figuring out if it was chicken or the egg. When you're talking, you can't have two voices, right?

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, if you were a T, then you'd also be a J, because you're definitely using Te over Ti. It's also quite clear that you don't fit the TJ descriptions :D

Yea exactly. I thought of that, too.

Or maybe I'm just some kind of an esfp extj freak of nature. Kind of like a cenataur.

(Thinks about it for a second...)

nah.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yea exactly. I thought of that, too.

Or maybe I'm just some kind of an esfp extj freak of nature. Kind of like a cenataur.

(Thinks about it for a second...)

nah.

:rofl1: I've always found it interesting that some people think that they can be soooo non-typical that they barely resemble their type. It's probably just a product of someone putting in too much effort to avoid stereotyping or something...