• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help me out here, TypeC-goers.

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Hi. :hi:

Even though I've never considered myself a 'textbook' INTJ, I've never seriously doubted that this was my best-fit type. Until now. Recently, I've been finding it difficult to dissociate myself emotionally from people, situations, and arguments. I've just been more emotionally expressive in general. I've also wanted to be around people a lot more often. I used to be able to spend hours in my room getting lost in random projects, and now I have a hard time getting into that super-focused mode about anything.

I'm sure of N and J. I definitely think in terms of future possibilities, what could be, and have an odd sense of humor that not everyone gets. I like to plan things, prefer not to leave decisions open-ended, and like to know exactly where I stand. It's difficult for me to live in the moment. And I'm pretty sure I'm some sort of Ni-using creature, I relate to those descriptions quite well.

Other information that could help, both pro- and anti-Sonata-as-INTJ:

I dislike small talk, but understand the need for it to get to 'deeper' conversations. I enjoy analyzing things, and people. I enjoy science and math, which both 'click' for me easily. I dislike personal confrontation, and avoid it. I try to present myself as someone who isn't difficult to get along with, but if someone doesn't like me, I don't care too much. I'm difficult to get to know well. People call me 'shy' until they get to know me, at which point they realize I can be completely silly. I consider myself someone with a strong sense of fairness. I like things to make sense. When I'm around a group of people for too long, I need to take some time and not talk. I've been called 'emotionally idiotic' so many times that I've accepted it as truth, but I've realized this is really only coming from one person (an INFJ, who I wouldn't quite call unhealthy but she definitely has her problems).

Could I have changed type? Or was I always an F who repressed that aspect of myself? If so, what am I now? Or am I just a non-typical INTJ?

Please do not direct me to tests --- I know them well enough to know what they're looking for (including the cognitive functions test), so it will be biased. I haven't been around much on the boards lately, but I think at least a few people here know me well enough to guess from posts I've already made. If you need more information, ask and it shall be given.

Thank you!

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Non typical INTJ definitely. You have just gotten more balanced and more mature as an INTJ, and more in touch with your Fi. Congratulations. :)

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
A lot of those things resonate if that's any indication.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I admit I havent read your text, but thats not because I didnt want to, but because I am too drunk to recognize the letters and my glasses are gone for 5 hours now.

If I were you I would type myself entp that leaves you with the greatest room of misbehaving against the rules of how you should be like according to your type. Choose that and you will be free.

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I could also relate to many of the things you listed. Then again, I have been told that I come off a little INTJ, too.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
There is always a lot more to say

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
You are still definitely introverted. Especially since since you need time to be silent after talking for a while. Perhaps you're just more outgoing than you used to be. As for feeling vs. thinking? I don't think your type has changed.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You are still definitely introverted. Especially since since you need time to be silent after talking for a while. Perhaps you're just more outgoing than you used to be. As for feeling vs. thinking? I don't think your type has changed.

Have you ever thought about starting your posts with for example "I think, that your are still definitly introverted" ?

One could think you would know it all ?!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Have you ever thought about starting your posts with for example "I think, that your are still definitly introverted" ?

One could think you would know it all ?!

I didn't mean to come off that way. I most certainly do not know it all. Sorry if the wording of my post offended you. :/

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
If it's any consolation I've been going through a lot of the same things as you. Or more accurately thinking, wondering, and being concerned about the same things as you. So I can relate.

In conversation you definitely come out as more introverted. Just from a reference and pace sort of view. I notice that a lot of the time strong extroverts notice that trait in me and I have to accelerate a bit more and adjust. With you it isn't necessarily that way. The T comes across as well. I'm always a little bit reluctant to mend and change the tone of my messages because I'm much more comfortable critiquing and observing and that style doesn't seem to bother or exhaust you as much.

The F and E sometimes get conflated for me and I notice that while I do have an ability to engage, it's not the starting point or the thing that's most critical to me. I notice the value of that approach and do actively try to utilize it but it's always sort of an addition. Never something that I truly fall back on and trust full heartedly. I think your confusion lies in thinking that because you actively try and use those tactics and see the importance of them that you maybe a different type. I've thought the same at times too but the response from people I've known for a while back up my typing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Since I am the one who "forced" you to admit on this forum that you are an INTJ I will give you my opinion.

You are right, you are not a stereotypical INTJ but that does not have to mean that you are not one. From what I know about you I would say that you are slight introvert and with slight thinking preference. So I will go with iNtJ for you.
Since it looks to me that from the start you have opinion about this type that is stereotipical. Which is that all INTJs are very unsocial and "cold"

But you could be an iNfJ as well. (in pure theory)

I am curious, do you have doubts about your type because you are a female ?