• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why am I an ISTJ?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I consistently test ISTJ, trying to be as honest as I can on any given test (including one like 10 minutes ago). I've tested a dozen times and it's always ISTJ.

*I dislike conformity. It bothers me.
*I hate stupid rules
*I'm irritated by people who follow and enforce stupid rules and that think everyone should be/act a certain way
*I can be pretty lazy and un-dutiful. If I can't see a direct, positive result in completing a given task, I probably won't do it or I'll slack at it - meaning, I don't preoccupy myself with work and busyness just for the sake of being busy.
*I'm not a clean-freak... But I'm not a pig.
*I'm not overly concerned about upholding traditions or at least to the 'T', in fact, a lot of the time, I think it's a little cheesy.
*I don't use spreadsheets, or a day-timer, or really notes at all for that matter.

What am I? Just a fucked up ISTJ?

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
You know what? I was just reading a post of yours and thinking how very unISTJ your posts always sound actually.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I consistently test ISTJ, trying to be as honest as I can on any given test (including one like 10 minutes ago). I've tested a dozen times and it's always ISTJ.

*I hate stupid rules
*I'm irritated by people who follow and enforce stupid rules and that think everyone should be/act a certain way
*I can be pretty lazy and un-dutiful. If I can't see a direct, positive result in completing a given task, I probably won't do it or I'll slack at it - meaning, I don't preoccupy myself with work and busyness just for the sake of being busy.
*I'm not overly concerned about upholding traditions or at least to the 'T', in fact, a lot of the time, I think it's a little cheesy.
*I don't use spreadsheets, or a day-timer, or really notes at all for that matter.

T is capable of transcending a lot of behavioral patterns. I think you're an ISTJ in much the same way as I am an INTP. Experience driven.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
T is capable of transcending a lot of behavioral patterns.

Not saying you implied it "as opposed to F" but you think F isn't?

Because I wouldn't agree either way. That's what makes typology scope limited - it can't say anything about actual behavior.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not saying you implied it "as opposed to F" but you think F isn't?

Because I wouldn't agree either way. That's what makes typology scope limited - it can't say anything about actual behavior.

I'm not F so I don't know about F and I wasn't implying anything of the sorts. All I know is that I can use T to 'chameleon' myself away, through principles, from behavioral patterns I do not deem important of worth my while.

Snow Turtle

*I hate stupid rules

Younger generations are experiencing a cultural change where values are being shifted. People are becoming more and more aware that it's a bad idea to follow rules, and because people desire more individualism/freedom. There's an explosion of anti-authority positions like being an emo, noncomformist etc. Even if it's a fad, it still does represent the fact that things are changing. Questions are being raised to whether previous rules were effective.

There's nothing wrong with tradition but I think many people associate it with backwards/old style thinking. An example of this would be Britian moving towards secularism, and in doing so people are more likely to reject traditions that come along with it. Values like desire for equality end up with people attempting to reject gender role stereotypes and so fourth.

But Yes. You could be a broken ISTJ. :)

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beat, have you considered ISTP?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)

*I hate stupid rules

I am none of these things, except for maybe the traditions thing (personal family traditions), and yet, I am an ISTJ. So idk, we're just weird ISTJ's I guess. :/

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The ISTJ people know now has been influenced by the generation they are in. Current generation ISTJs are noticeably different for me... A lot of ISTJs I know could relate to your OP.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Beat, have you considered ISTP?
Yes, I have. I've even made a thread about the possibility a while back. I just never test P and I'm not mechanical minded at all (which seems to be a trademark of the ISTPs). If it works, I'm happy and I don't really feel the need to how it works, if it doesn't and it's a technical piece of equipment, I'm pissed and lost in the sauce. lol...

In a lot of ways, I identify with the P function though; I think moreso within the last couple of years in my life. I've let loose more and become more comfortable in my environment and open to "the moment".

And I'm not anti-authority by any means, if it seems I've implied that. Hell, I'm an aspiring Police Officer; but I can be easily irritated with inane rules and more irritated with people that stand behind them, trying to uphold them, without even questioning why they're doing it. I guess my definition for that type of person would be a "tool".

I don't like MBTI anymore. lol

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
All I know is that I can use T to 'chameleon' myself away, through principles, from behavioral patterns I do not deem important of worth my while.

Could you give me an example?

Snow Turtle

And I'm not anti-authority by any means, if it seems I've implied that. Hell, I'm an aspiring Police Officer; but I can be easily irritated with inane rules and more irritated with people that stand behind them, trying to uphold them, without even questioning why they're doing it. I guess my definition for that type of person would be a "tool".

I don't like MBTI anymore. lol

I'm just referring to the idea that more and more people are becoming noncomformists within the teenage years, and how it represents something changing within society. Then again the rebellious kid thing has always existed...

Regardless the most simple way to diffrentiate between the two would be to look at the functions.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

*I hate stupid rules
*I can be pretty lazy and un-dutiful. If I can't see a direct, positive result in completing a given task, I probably won't do it or I'll slack at it - meaning, I don't preoccupy myself with work and busyness just for the sake of being busy.*I'm not a clean-freak... But I'm not a pig.

I relate to all but one of those points (the last one). As far as I know, I'm ISTJ. However, I don't really relate to the descriptions of ISTJs that websites give.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I never test J but I'm ISFJ.
What makes you so confident in that? Would it be the cognitive functions? I've never really messed around with that more in-depth stuff, but I'll have to take a look at it a little bit later.