• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why am I an ISTJ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Cause you like ships, every man with a sane mind likes ships !

I once build a model of a very nice ship but my Dad managed to stomp over it... how's a Captain find his way this way ? xD

20061114114920!Peking-Segelschiff-Maler_Schmidt-Ausschnitt.png

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beat, I have a friend who is ISTJ. And you do remind me of him.

He too, is more flexible than MBTI description would have you believe.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What makes you so confident in that? Would it be the cognitive functions? I've never really messed around with that more in-depth stuff, but I'll have to take a look at it a little bit later.

Yeah, check out the test. It's pretty interesting, short, and helps a little. As for me being ISFJ, imo the description fits me a bit more than ISFP, although not completely, and by friends accounts I am ISFJ.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Entropie, when did you become an ESTJ? Is this a joke? lol

That picture is rad. I have a thing for ships... and the sea.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cause you like ships, every man with a sane mind likes ships !

I once build a model of a very nice ship but my Dad managed to stomp over it... how's a Captain find his way this way ? xD

20061114114920!Peking-Segelschiff-Maler_Schmidt-Ausschnitt.png

!
!!

I want to sail in a ship over the sea.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm thinking ISTP. Maybe just a weak "P" - like ISTp.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Entropie, when did you become an ESTJ? Is this a joke? lol

That picture is rad. I have a thing for ships... and the sea.

I always was, I just said what the public wanted to hear :)

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
:laugh:

I guess I will have to settle on Sj; perhaps just not your usual, cliched type...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I consistently test ISTJ, trying to be as honest as I can on any given test (including one like 10 minutes ago). I've tested a dozen times and it's always ISTJ.

*I dislike conformity. It bothers me.
*I hate stupid rules
*I'm irritated by people who follow and enforce stupid rules and that think everyone should be/act a certain way
*I can be pretty lazy and un-dutiful. If I can't see a direct, positive result in completing a given task, I probably won't do it or I'll slack at it - meaning, I don't preoccupy myself with work and busyness just for the sake of being busy.
*I'm not a clean-freak... But I'm not a pig.
*I'm not overly concerned about upholding traditions or at least to the 'T', in fact, a lot of the time, I think it's a little cheesy.
*I don't use spreadsheets, or a day-timer, or really notes at all for that matter.

What am I? Just a fucked up ISTJ?

Maybe you're not an ISTJ after all. When you first came here, you thought you were INFJ, and I told you that you probably weren't. Maybe you didn't have to go all the way to ISTJ... should have just stopped at INTJ?

Anyway... I agree with most of what you said, though I'm obviously not an SJ. Only ones I disagree with are the bolded ones. For instance, I don't dislike conformity unless it's pushed on people in some way. Otherwise, it's just one choice out of several valid ones.

Also, I'll do any task I don't have a serious moral problem with, given to me by someone above me, even if it doesn't make much sense to me. Though I don't usually go around looking for something to keep me busy if it isn't assigned to me, and will relax at that point.

I occasionally use spreadsheets when working out something like paying bills or putting together a project that costs money, but not that often. I tried taking notes, but usually the act of writing them down helped more than going over them later, and I usually had a good enough memory that the notes weren't needed anyway.

I don't use day planners, but then again, I've never had enough on my plate in a single week or month to actually justify bothering with that level of organization. My life has been simple enough that I haven't had to worry about it.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Judging from your buddydom I would give you the istj tag aswell beat. Thats what I know personally about them, besides any in-detail analysis by super-psychologists (no, I didnt mean you Aethian, I never :))

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Maybe you're not an ISTJ after all. When you first came here, you thought you were INFJ, and I told you that you probably weren't. Maybe you didn't have to go all the way to ISTJ... should have just stopped at INTJ?
I never thought I was INFJ, nor INTJ. I've been here as an ISTJ from the get-go. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

SJs obsessing over conformity is such a myth.
Word up.

Entropie - :cheers: Dude, I want to go out drinking with you someday. Maybe we can catch a ship and hunt Sea monsters too...

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I never thought I was INFJ, nor INTJ. I've been here as an ISTJ from the get-go. Maybe you have me confused with someone else?

No...

Me first post. I'm from the bay area, CA but am living in NC now because I'm in the military. I'm a male and I'll be 21 in several weeks.

According to the little test here: MBTI Personality Test: Understanding Your MBTI or Myers Briggs Personality Type... I'm a INFJ, and reading a few descriptions for that type it seems to be true. Are there any better/more accurate online tests I can take?

But anyways, :hi:

Did you write that post? Or did the user account change hands at some point after the introduction was written?

What ever happened to SJs having good memories, anyway? It seems like I have to remind them of stuff half the time.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Haha. Perhaps he could be INTJ then. However, I think many ISTJ's can relate to the OP.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
No...

Did you write that post? Or did the user account change hands at some point after the introduction was written?

What ever happened to SJs having good memories, anyway? It seems like I have to remind them of stuff half the time.
Oh my goodness, touche. Even seeing that, I have no recollection of making that, or ever having tested INFJ at any point. I'm actually confused right now... What's with the hostile undertones I'm sensing though, Athenian? Am I doing something wrong in my probing of this?

Can you link me to the thread where you took that quote from, please? Looking at the link in that quote, it's one of those read the descriptions and choose your letter type deals. Aren't we SJs notorious for lacking self-awareness? Maybe that's how I botched that one up so badly in the beginning... :D

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I think most ISTJ's wouldn't agree with stupid rules. Or think they are conforming to things or doing things because they have to.