• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

clueless xNxP

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lurked here for months, finally getting around to posting. Being completely clueless when it comes to myself, I'm questioning my type. INFP, INTP, and ENTP descriptions all have parts I identify with. The only things I am sure of are my N and P. I am extremely shy so I think that messes with the E/I dynamic. I can't really distinguish between my F/T, they seem too related to me. I test as an INFP a vast majority of the time, and INTP at other times. My intuition runs rampant, and I often find myself lost in a seemingly endless sea of possibilities. I get lost in my own head, often not being able to find the keys that are already in my pocket. I'm quick witted and feel that I have a poisoned tongue. In arguments I always seem to find the weakest point and expose it. If I am an INFP I think I'm one of those hopelessly jaded ones who traded their idealism for cynicism long ago.
Cognitive Process
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)*
**************************(24.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si)*
*********************(19.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)*
************************************************(46.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)*
***********************************************(45.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te)*
**************(12.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti)*
***************************(25.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)*
***************************(25.8)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi)*
*****************************************(39.8)
excellent use

This was taken several months ago on a late night while avoiding working on a paper that was due the next day. I took it again (forgot to save the results) and things were basically the same. Ne ended up somewhere around 54, Te was 31, Fi/Fe/Te dropped a bit.

Stuff of note about myself: In college I study cognitive science. I have a strong interest in philosophy, particularly existentialism. Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Camus are my favorite philosophers. My grades are entirely linked to my mood at the time. I lie all the time to people if I know I can get away with it. Not on things that really matter, just the little things to make life less mundane. I read a book, Chaotic Cognition, and strongly identified with the theories it presented. Chaos generally is something that appeals to me. Doing tasks in a regimented, structured fashion gets to me. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was the most moving thing I have ever read. I don't see myself as a people person, yet I am soft hearted. I'm quiet and reserved most of the time, and have great difficulty conveying exactly what is on my mind. I procrastinate until the last possible minute. I do term papers on the day they are due because I can't find any inspiration to do them otherwise. It always seem to work out in the end. I'm a vegetarian not because I believe killing animals is wrong, but because the thought of eating flesh disgusts me. I often find myself rebelling against authority, particularly systems that seem pointless. I have a terrible memory for details. Enneagram seems to always have 4 and 5 about even. I see myself as a 5w4. I think I'm beginning to ramble now. Thanks for reading this convoluted mess.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm no expert, but from the looks of it you seem to be on the INFP side of the scale.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Lurked here for months, finally getting around to posting. Being completely clueless when it comes to myself, I'm questioning my type. INFP, INTP, and ENTP descriptions all have parts I identify with. The only things I am sure of are my N and P. I am extremely shy so I think that messes with the E/I dynamic. I can't really distinguish between my F/T, they seem too related to me. I test as an INFP a vast majority of the time, and INTP at other times. My intuition runs rampant, and I often find myself lost in a seemingly endless sea of possibilities. I get lost in my own head, often not being able to find the keys that are already in my pocket. I'm quick witted and feel that I have a poisoned tongue. In arguments I always seem to find the weakest point and expose it. If I am an INFP I think I'm one of those hopelessly jaded ones who traded their idealism for cynicism long ago.
Cognitive Process
Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)*
**************************(24.6)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si)*
*********************(19.3)
limited use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)*
************************************************(46.9)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)*
***********************************************(45.8)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (Te)*
**************(12.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti)*
***************************(25.7)
average use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)*
***************************(25.8)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi)*
*****************************************(39.8)
excellent use

This was taken several months ago on a late night while avoiding working on a paper that was due the next day. I took it again (forgot to save the results) and things were basically the same. Ne ended up somewhere around 54, Te was 31, Fi/Fe/Te dropped a bit.

Stuff of note about myself: In college I study cognitive science. I have a strong interest in philosophy, particularly existentialism. Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Camus are my favorite philosophers. My grades are entirely linked to my mood at the time. I lie all the time to people if I know I can get away with it. Not on things that really matter, just the little things to make life less mundane. I read a book, Chaotic Cognition, and strongly identified with the theories it presented. Chaos generally is something that appeals to me. Doing tasks in a regimented, structured fashion gets to me. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was the most moving thing I have ever read. I don't see myself as a people person, yet I am soft hearted. I'm quiet and reserved most of the time, and have great difficulty conveying exactly what is on my mind. I procrastinate until the last possible minute. I do term papers on the day they are due because I can't find any inspiration to do them otherwise. It always seem to work out in the end. I'm a vegetarian not because I believe killing animals is wrong, but because the thought of eating flesh disgusts me. I often find myself rebelling against authority, particularly systems that seem pointless. I have a terrible memory for details. Enneagram seems to always have 4 and 5 about even. I see myself as a 5w4. I think I'm beginning to ramble now. Thanks for reading this convoluted mess.
ENFP

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think you can be properly typed from the information you have provided. MBTI is based on how you think, more than how you seem to act (your actions are just byproducts of thought). You can still be roughly typed by your actions, but only you will know how you truly think. I also find cognitive functions test to be a pretty big waste of time, unless you can truly understand all of the questions, and have a wide array of self knowledge at your disposal, you won't conclude very much with it.

Quick Questions:
Have you ever found yourself willingly teaching others, to improve them?
If someone asks you to skip a lecture to be with them, do you do it?
Have you ever just 'moved on' from a friendship, or do you stick by your friends?
If you need to use the phone, and someone else needs to use the phone, what would you do?
Do you feel that nobody loved/nurtured you enough when you were young?
If I have an awesome level of 5, what would you consider your awesome level to be?
How many people can you be your true self around?
Do you ever find yourself barracking for the underdog?
If a large group of party animals came into your house and started talking to you about your favourite topic, would you be agitated?
When a child purposely keeps hitting you will a ball in public, would you yell at them?
If I told you that you have the prettiest avatar that I've ever seen on the internet, how would you feel?
Have you ever felt older than other people of your own age?

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks for the replies so far.

Only on rare occasions. I find that I am not the best teacher.
Sure, lectures aren't that important anyway.
Have you ever just 'moved on' from a friendship, or do you stick by your friends?
I tend to stick by my friends.
If you need to use the phone, and someone else needs to use the phone, what would you do?
They could use it first, I'm patient.
Nope, my childhood was pretty ideal.
If I have an awesome level of 5, what would you consider your awesome level to be?
In this case awesome would have to be defined, unless you were clearly lying about being awesome level 5, and I could tell. At that point I'd likely start to try and undermine you in some way. If I had to arbitrarily pick I'd go with 7. I like 7s

Once I get to know people I don't mind being my true self. Around most people I'm guarded.

Constantly.
If a large group of party animals came into your house and started talking to you about your favourite topic, would you be agitated?
If they did enough research to find out what my favorite topics were I don't think I'd mind it.
When a child purposely keeps hitting you will a ball in public, would you yell at them?
Not at all. If the child was being playful I'd go along with it. If they were just acting like a brat I'd toss the ball in the other direction and smile.
If I told you that you have the prettiest avatar that I've ever seen on the internet, how would you feel?
I'd be glad that someone else can appreciate 16-bit ninjas from obscure videogames.
Always, but then again people always tell me I act like a kid.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thanks for the replies so far.

Only on rare occasions. I find that I am not the best teacher.
Sure, lectures aren't that important anyway.
I tend to stick by my friends.
They could use it first, I'm patient.
Nope, my childhood was pretty ideal.
In this case awesome would have to be defined, unless you were clearly lying about being awesome level 5, and I could tell. At that point I'd likely start to try and undermine you in some way. If I had to arbitrarily pick I'd go with 7. I like 7s

Once I get to know people I don't mind being my true self. Around most people I'm guarded.

Constantly.
If they did enough research to find out what my favorite topics were I don't think I'd mind it.
Not at all. If the child was being playful I'd go along with it. If they were just acting like a brat I'd toss the ball in the other direction and smile.
I'd be glad that someone else can appreciate 16-bit ninjas from obscure videogames.
Always, but then again people always tell me I act like a kid.

I'd say you're an INTP from those answers, well, at least you're definitely not an F, and I highly doubt ENFP. I think some of my questions needed adjustments though. :cheers:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You might be confused over T/F because you're an enneagram 5w4, and 5w4 is a common INTP type. INFPs have it too. But that may make you lean more toward the T side when it comes to behavior (since enneagram is about behavior for the most part).

Personally I think you're an F. Look at your Fi scores! You're definitely INFP. Plus I get that vibe from you.

One thing to do is disprove that you're an INFP.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFPs often test INTP...I do also. Especially with your interests and being an enneagram 5, no surprise you test thinking sometimes. Many tests measure feeling according to Fe, not Fi.

Your posts in here say INFP to me, and you seem like a feeler.
Just keep reading up info, comparing yourself to other types (outside of profiles, since a lot of INFP profiles make us seem "fluffy"), and go with your gut.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I question that infp is right, because it seems that Ne is the most dominate function I have in the way that I experience things. My mind almost never stops jumping around. I seldom do things in conventional ways. I tend to see patterns in basically everything. I notice I don't see myself as an extrovert, and don't score even close to being one on most tests, yet those are the only ones with dominate Ne. infp might be close, but I'm not much of a harmonizer. I do have seemingly impossible standards that people don't live up to though. I tend to think that people on a whole are selfish and only out for themselves. I detest organizations that try to control people. I don't see how man could ever try to justify his control over his/her fellow man. Elected officials offend me, I don't think that anyone is qualified to make decisions for me. I tend to be quite nihilistic as a whole.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I question that infp is right, because it seems that Ne is the most dominate function I have in the way that I experience things. My mind almost never stops jumping around. I seldom do things in conventional ways. I tend to see patterns in basically everything. I notice I don't see myself as an extrovert, and don't score even close to being one on most tests, yet those are the only ones with dominate Ne. infp might be close, but I'm not much of a harmonizer. I do have seemingly impossible standards that people don't live up to though. I tend to think that people on a whole are selfish and only out for themselves. I detest organizations that try to control people. I don't see how man could ever try to justify his control over his/her fellow man. Elected officials offend me, I don't think that anyone is qualified to make decisions for me. I tend to be quite nihilistic as a whole.

Much of that sounds INFP-ish. We're not all sunshine and bunnies. INFPs often have a cynical side from their idealistic notions being so far from reality. Harmonizing can mean we're trying to bring our ideals into the current world which may offend our lofty standards. In that sense, we have power to make the world a better place.

You could very well be ENFP though, if you feel that Ne is your dominant function. Maybe you're a shy ENFP. Social anxiety and introversion are often confused.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thanks, everyone, for the help. It is helping me sift through my thoughts a bit. infp might be right after all, I just don't agree with a few things. The whole ESTJ shadow for instance, and the happy cheery part (which everyone says is exaggerated). What resonated the most to me was turning into a staunch defender if a principle was violated. I tend to act completely arrogant when on the attack or lashing out, as a way of making sure that my view is well known. That doesn't seem to fit in. Does anyone have a link to a better profile? I'm no Mr.Rodgers.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why do say that?
It was based on a whim I think... I was quite tired at the time :D.
I reviewed the answers, and realized that they all line up with INFP. I just thought it seemed really INTP like, and I should keep in mind that I haven't really confirmed any INFPs IRL... :blush:... how F of me... The answers are actually very INFP, they weren't very straight answers though.

I think INFPs can see their Ne much more clearly than their Fi, it's probably hard to tell which is dominant given that Ne stands out so well. I doubt the extroversion from the previous answers, but it certainly is possible. It'd be good to try to be rid of social anxiety anyway, so it probably wouldn't hurt to practice it a little :cheese:

sculpting

Lurked here for months, finally getting around to posting. Being completely clueless when it comes to myself, I'm questioning my type. INFP, INTP, and ENTP descriptions all have parts I identify with. The only things I am sure of are my N and P. I am extremely shy so I think that messes with the E/I dynamic. I can't really distinguish between my F/T, they seem too related to me. I test as an INFP a vast majority of the time, and INTP at other times. My intuition runs rampant, and I often find myself lost in a seemingly endless sea of possibilities. I get lost in my own head, often not being able to find the keys that are already in my pocket. I'm quick witted and feel that I have a poisoned tongue. In arguments I always seem to find the weakest point and expose it]. If I am an INFP I think I'm one of those hopelessly jaded ones who traded their idealism for cynicism long ago.

Stuff of note about myself: In college I study cognitive science. I have a strong interest in philosophy, particularly existentialism. Socrates, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, and Camus are my favorite philosophers. My grades are entirely linked to my mood at the time. I lie all the time to people if I know I can get away with it. Not on things that really matter, just the little things to make life less mundane.[/B] I read a book, Chaotic Cognition, and strongly identified with the theories it presented. Chaos generally is something that appeals to me. Doing tasks in a regimented, structured fashion gets to me. Neil Gaiman's Sandman was the most moving thing I have ever read. I don't see myself as a people person, yet I am soft hearted. I'm quiet and reserved most of the time, and have great difficulty conveying exactly what is on my mind. I procrastinate until the last possible minute. I do term papers on the day they are due because I can't find any inspiration to do them otherwise. It always seem to work out in the end. I'm a vegetarian not because I believe killing animals is wrong, but because the thought of eating flesh disgusts me. I often find myself rebelling against authority, particularly systems that seem pointless. I have a terrible memory for details.[/B] Enneagram seems to always have 4 and 5 about even. I see myself as a 5w4. I think I'm beginning to ramble now. Thanks for reading this convoluted mess.

ENTP

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
After reflecting, I think that I am a infp. I just play dress up as a entp when stressed/bored.