• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me.

hommefatal

E-I
I am overly talkative and dependent. But I spend most of the in front of the time computer though in company of forum members and stuff. When around strangers and everyone I don't trust completely I am extremely withdrawn and sometimes have a hard time replying to questions, especially if a quick answer is expected. I feel E suits my soul more but I constantly act like an I. I would describe it like that: I have to meet, and I usually meet one at a time. I am very likely to talk to people if I know something about them which is why I love social networks.

S-N
I generally have more fun using my intuition but I don't use it all the time. I enjoy fantasising and I have lots of ideas but when working with other people involved I act like an SP. I ask for tasks and then I do them. I usually give it to others later then. I'm occupied with the present rather than the future. I am much of a pragmatic, I think it's better to do something now rather than trusting forecasts. I dislike unrealistic thoughts like those you have to do in maths sometimes. I prefer thoughts I can emotionally relate to, be it realistic or not.

T-F
I am realistic and I don't care about morality. I do what I want to achieve something. I am objective and impartial, I try to avoid unnecessary beef. But I am also very empathetic and understanding. I think things are relative and you have to consider every opinion, especially the emotional ones. I live out my emotions excessively, and I am not interested in intellectual thoughts that I can't emotionally relate to. I prefer telling the truth to being tactful because I am never offended. I value justice but only if the conditions are acceptable. (Don't imprison thieves.)

J-P
I prepare myself emotionally rather than preparing what to say. I prefer things to be finished because I am still occupied with them if they aren't. This only holds true if I am responsible. Otherwise I couldn't care less. I am a perfectionist which is why I prefer to keep things open as long as possible while I value finished things as well because I can adapt to them. I prefer making lists rather than deciding what to do next. If I have stopped caring I easily finish something without it being really finished. I avoid obligations and stop things impulsively if I can't stand them anymore. I am more enthusiastic than serious. I rarely decide things. I rather think about the decision and don't decide if I don't feel totally sure about it.

So maybe you could explain which functions correspond to what I've described.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I take it you're questioning your I versus E, right? I think you're probably not supremely Introverted, but it's still there. Introverts can be very talkative too, they just tend to be right more often I think - I'm not incredibly certain about this though.

E versus I:
Introverts think more before they talk, they take longer to answer things than extroverts. Extroverts just say whatever comes into their heads... and then realize that they've just made a dirty remark :devil:. I think there are multiple theories on this or something, but what I've gathered is this:
Introvert: think, act, reflect
extrovert: act, reflect, act

There is also a thread titled ENFP vs INFP (or something like that), in this sub-forum slot that could help you sort it out.

hommefatal

I take it you're questioning your I versus E, right? I think you're probably not supremely Introverted, but it's still there. Introverts can be very talkative too, they just tend to be right more often I think - I'm not incredibly certain about this though.

E versus I:
Introverts think more before they talk, they take longer to answer things than extroverts. Extroverts just say whatever comes into their heads... and then realize that they've just made a dirty remark :devil:. I think there are multiple theories on this or something, but what I've gathered is this:
Introvert: think, act, reflect
extrovert: act, reflect, act

There is also a thread titled ENFP vs INFP (or something like that), in this sub-forum slot that could help you sort it out.
I will look into that.

Chloe

E-I
I am overly talkative and dependent. But I spend most of the in front of the time computer though in company of forum members and stuff. When around strangers and everyone I don't trust completely I am extremely withdrawn and sometimes have a hard time replying to questions, especially if a quick answer is expected. I feel E suits my soul more but I constantly act like an I. I would describe it like that: I have to meet, and I usually meet one at a time. I am very likely to talk to people if I know something about them which is why I love social networks.

I think you're an I...
because of bolded..
first bolded part is very unlikely for ENFPs, I think, I think all ENFPs are very talkative when first meet someone. I'm actually the loudest at first.

second bolded part could suggest you are connecting over F, that's why it's easier to you if you know something about person....

your "E suits your soul" may be just NF part who is sociable and is people-oriented, so... you maybe mixing that 2 up? extroversion and people-oriented needs.

hommefatal

My stress behaviour also varies. When feeling threatened I am normally like "I will kill you all" and when feeling busy I am normally like "Oh my god, everybody will hate me if I don't manage it".

hommefatal

I think you're an I...
because of bolded..
first bolded part is very unlikely for ENFPs, I think, I think all ENFPs are very talkative when first meet someone. I'm actually the loudest at first.

second bolded part could suggest you are connecting over F, that's why it's easier to you if you know something about person....

your "E suits your soul" may be just NF part who is sociable and is people-oriented, so... you maybe mixing that 2 up? extroversion and people-oriented needs.
Yeah. I feel better when I act extrovertedly, I feel like I am not me if I act introvertedly. I used to be very extroverted when I was a bit younger but the most people I meet are very prejudiced. That's why I'm anxious.

hommefatal

I've taken the functions test again and it suggested ENFP with INFP and ESFP being an alternative. Definitely FP dominant.

Chloe

I spoke to one "professional" (works with MBTI for 20 yrs), this is how she said to know if you're INFP or ENFP (OH, it's important to know your enneagram as well for this).

1. do you like small talk with people you don't know, have no interest in topics? (do you get drained by small talk, ENFPs don't INFPs do. She says!)
2. if you have something like ADD ENFP is much more likely, she said that then it's 100% ENFP. (this is in my case, ennea 3, am not sure about other enneagram types)

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ouh, du bist ne harte Nuss, so weit wie ich das bisher gesehen hab. Ich glaube du hast andere Probleme als eine mbti Kappeshausen Persönlichkeit herauszufinden. Ich würd dich als entp oder enfp einschätzen aber wie gesagt, du solltest dich nicht in sone psychokacke flüchten, wenn es dir nicht gut geht. Man muss hier teilweise, speziell mit den Amerikanern sehr stark sein, denn wenn du gerade dein beispielweise enfp Kartenhaus aufgebaut hast, kommt ein Anderer und pustet es weg, indem er sagt du seist xyz.

Vielleicht siehst du das Anders aber ich bin davon überzeugt, diese Seite braucht eine starke Persönlichkeit von Anfang an um mit ihr klarzukommen.

hommefatal

Ouh, du bist ne harte Nuss, so weit wie ich das bisher gesehen hab. Ich glaube du hast andere Probleme als eine mbti Kappeshausen Persönlichkeit herauszufinden. Ich würd dich als entp oder enfp einschätzen aber wie gesagt, du solltest dich nicht in sone psychokacke flüchten, wenn es dir nicht gut geht. Man muss hier teilweise, speziell mit den Amerikanern sehr stark sein, denn wenn du gerade dein beispielweise enfp Kartenhaus aufgebaut hast, kommt ein Anderer und pustet es weg, indem er sagt du seist xyz.

Vielleicht siehst du das Anders aber ich bin davon überzeugt, diese Seite braucht eine starke Persönlichkeit von Anfang an um mit ihr klarzukommen.
haha. Mir geht es gut. Ich bin bloß sehr emotional und beeinflussbar. Und normalerweise gefällt mir das auch so.

hommefatal

I spoke to one "professional" (works with MBTI for 20 yrs), this is how she said to know if you're INFP or ENFP (OH, it's important to know your enneagram as well for this).

1. do you like small talk with people you don't know, have no interest in topics? (do you get drained by small talk, ENFPs don't INFPs do. She says!)
2. if you have something like ADD ENFP is much more likely, she said that then it's 100% ENFP. (this is in my case, ennea 3, am not sure about other enneagram types)
haha, both. I hate small talk and I can't concentrate.

Chloe

hm,hm, i remember you said you are drained when you act extroverted.. so I it is.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
haha. Mir geht es gut. Ich bin bloß sehr emotional und beeinflussbar. Und normalerweise gefällt mir das auch so.

Beeinflussbarkeit führt nie zu etwas Gutem.

Ich hoffe du bleibst dem Forum noch lange erhalten. Ich konnte viel lernen in meiner Zeit hier und vielleicht hilft es dir auch

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah. I feel better when I act extrovertedly, I feel like I am not me if I act introvertedly. I used to be very extroverted when I was a bit younger but the most people I meet are very prejudiced. That's why I'm anxious.

This suggests you are an extrovert to me. If you feel energized by interaction with people and it feels more natural, then definitely an extrovert. Being withdrawn with new people, etc, can just be social anxiety, which has little to do with type.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ENFP.

I think most people are withdrawn around strangers... lol. Go for what suits you versus what you act like. I can act like other types (ESTJ at work and such) but that doesn't make me one now does it?

hommefatal

This suggests you are an extrovert to me. If you feel energized by interaction with people and it feels more natural, then definitely an extrovert. Being withdrawn with new people, etc, can just be social anxiety, which has little to do with type.
ENFP.

I think most people are withdrawn around strangers... lol. Go for what suits you versus what you act like. I can act like other types (ESTJ at work and such) but that doesn't make me one now does it?

Pretty much.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Yeah I've even had bouts of social anxiety. That doesn't make me less, E.