• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Classmate #2

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Her name is Katy, and I'm stuck between ESTJ or ENTJ.

She has a dominating personality and likes to control. She, in a way, also likes to be the center of attention.

Apparently, she said she likes to work alone because she'd get too controlling over the project and wouldn't work so well with a partner, or something to that effect. She likes to be around people, though. When I was standing next to her in the hall as we were waiting for first period to begin, she sighed and asked where everyone was; she wanted to talk to someone.

Sometimes, when she's rummaging through her locker to organize what she needs and doesn't need, she'll turn to me and say "Hold this" without much of a please or any formality. I figure she doesn't do it on purpose- she's more blunt like that without realizing that it could offend some people.

In class, she'll often share her thoughts, though some say they're random, have relevance to the topic discussed, although it's not exactly the same. I can't say whether it would be an experience she had that was similar to what was said or the concept of the topic that she related it to when she comments on the discussion due to poor memory.

During the latter half of last year, she began to not look at her grades. Come this year, she begins to freak out whenever someone decides to tease her and tell her a grade she received. When it's on accident she chides them, though it's less serious or frustrated. In math class, our tests were handed back. Those who received a sticker (whee, stickers) got an A. Someone mentioned that she had a sticker as she was writing up a problem on the board, and she had some kind of brat attack for a moment and yelled and stomped her foot on the ground. It was pretty funny, though also quite extreme.

Our ESFJ Psychology teacher adored her, even though she would sometimes skip the first ten minutes in the our IB Coordinator's room. There she probably expressing her distress, which she often seems to experience, as when someone asked what she did in there, she jokingly said "talk about me".

She obssesses about her grades (despite refusing to see them, which is probably a part of the paranoia of failing), and studies like a monster when tests come around. Near the advent of our Psychology exam she created a twenty-five (or seven?) page study guide and over one hundred flashcards of psychologists, experiments and definitions.

Some (maybe all) people occassionally get annoyed by her antics which draw attention to herself, though it's nothing enough to dislike her. She's friends with a lot of people, though one kid, whom I figure to be an INTP, never seems to interact with her.

Haha, long description is loooong.

So, what are your thoughts? As soon as I saw her I thought ISTJ, though I didn't know about her desire to chat and interact with a bunch of people beforehand. Then I moved on to ESTJ, but then I had some doubts not really based on anything reasonable to make me think she's an ENTJ. That doubt never stays for long, though I could be wrong, thus this thread.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thinking ESTJ, but I don't have much of a reason. The only difference I can pick out between ENTJ/ESTJ, is that ENTJs plan much more broadly (you know, big picture vs details). I think if you look at the Introverted side of the types, you could more easily pick out which she is, and seeing as you thought she was ISTJ to start with (and not INTJ)... well you know the deal.

add: ESTJs are also 'joiners', and like to abide by structure created by others, ENTJs I think make their own rules and seek goals.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
I think if you look at the Introverted side of the types, you could more easily pick out which she is, and seeing as you thought she was ISTJ to start with (and not INTJ)... well you know the deal.

Thank you for your insight- that's actually a very good point. There's no way in two heavens that she's an INTJ.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
She sounds ENTJ to me. Could you say more about why you think she is an S?

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Er, not really, hah. I could say that her Si would aid her in storing large amounts of information, but that's not something I could really stand by.

After scanning through both descriptions, and based on what I know about her, she does sound more ENTJ. Primarily because of the quote: "I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?" and when it discussed the Te debating thing. She doesn't actively participate in the debate club or anything, but when something like a debate arises, she's pretty quick to come up with a kind of solution.

My initial feeling was that she was an STJ, but at the same time, someone once mentioned, due to the frequency of ENTJs, they could be confused with an ESTJ or any other EJ, so it got me thinking.