• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I want to understand

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
i think i have a real solid understanding of my type, but it is difficult for me to see how the MBTI works in other people.

i would like to better understand what kind of information and signs indicate a person's type. but i learn better through example, so rather than have the process explained, i would like to see you type someone i know. a friend of mine, who i am very close with but do not know his type.

here is some information about my friend:
- he is a musician and composer, very passionate about music
- he loves to perform, on stage, in bars, on the street, whatever
- he is extremely intellectual, intelligent
- he loves learning, both the process and stockpiling knowledge
- he loves education, and has a million graduate degrees in everything
- he has a million different projects going at once, and is always starting new ones
- he is a perfectionist
- he has many acquaintances but a few close friends
- he does not like to be dependant on other people
- but he loves to collaborate with people who share his interests
- he stays extremely busy all the time, and almost never has any "down time"
- he is normally very positive and upbeat, but he goes through extreme emotional lows, gets very depressed but only very briefly
- his excitement is infectious

i don't even know what kind of information is helpful.
what would help to indicate his type?

Snow Turtle

It's hard to tell. There's alot of information that can be applied to any person, therefore rendering it useless. Then there are contradictory information which doesn't help.

Alot of the information given is about his external behaviour, which could have lots of different internal motivations. At the moment I can only chalk down EsTP based on massive and unfair generalisations.

Rhapsody

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm still learning how to type people myself, so I'm not sure I could explain how to do it. In bold, I put what I think each line indicates, and maybe that will help you figure it out some?

- he is a musician and composer, very passionate about music Any type?
- he loves to perform, on stage, in bars, on the street, whatever E? Although introverts can enjoy performing, too
- he is extremely intellectual, intelligent Any type
- he loves learning, both the process and stockpiling knowledge Any type
- he loves education, and has a million graduate degrees in everything ENxP. Sounds like Ne-dom, wanting to study everything under the sun.
- he has a million different projects going at once, and is always starting new ones NP
- he is a perfectionist Stereotypical NF or SJ ... but in practice, I think it applies to any type.
- he has many acquaintances but a few close friends E
- he does not like to be dependant on other people Any type.
- but he loves to collaborate with people who share his interests E
- he stays extremely busy all the time, and almost never has any "down time" NP
- he is normally very positive and upbeat, but he goes through extreme emotional lows, gets very depressed but only very briefly EtP
- his excitement is infectious EP

Definitely sounds ENxP, but I don't think there's enough here to determine F or T.

Kingfisher

full of love
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
what kind of information would help to type him?

Snow Turtle

What's his communication style like? What's his focus on?
What is he like when stressed out? What is his motivation in life?

Lots of internal stuff.