• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Socionics type: EII or LII

deleted
Oh! You mean I have an inherent nature that determines how I'll interact with people, just the way elements have an inherent nature that determines how they'll interact with other elements.

That makes sense. That was the potential that attracted me to systems like this in the first place. :yes:

That is a very decent analogy, and yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Just from this analogy given, you seem more likely to be Ne valuing.

deleted
How come? I could easily see SEI for him. I say a general sense of Ne/Si rather then necessarily Ne creative.

Oh, I fixed that post. I meant that Athenian could also be an ILI or SLI, seemingly more Te/Fi valuing. Ne valuing is coming on rather apparent though, even as a possible 5th function. "Attracted to the system in the first place, because of this hidden potential." It could very well mean Athenian is SiTe. But we have to examine before assuming.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Honestly Athenian, you exude the Ne creative type in some ways. I don't see Ne as a dominant function for you anywhere in your demeanor.

That could have been fatigue. I've been kind of... weird and tired lately. I'm nowhere near my peak. Usually I'm more enthusiastic about pursuing an idea.
However I don't want to disclude that you could be an ILI or SLI, creative Te. That's why we should go on to analyze if you value Si or Ni, and which one you are strong at.

Okay. I'm pretty sure I value Si in Socionics, but I suppose we should check. How do we go about that?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
O... kay. :unsure:

You had me curious what you thought my problem was, but... ah, well.

Now I wish I hadn't started this thread. :blushing:

Sry.

I just cant stand it no more to see people weighing which type suits them well and while I still can understand that someone is undecided in mbti the type descriptions on wicisonicon are far more detailed and leave less room for type indecision.

In my opinion a person will be firstly able to type his personality, when he reached an age of 80 years. This quest some people seem to participate in here, in finding out which type suits them well and then adhering to the general principles this type stands for to call themselves "personalities" afterwards, is just something that can bother you alot, if you hate it seeing people die dumb.

I overreacted yesterday I am sorry, I dont know your motives behind understanding and learning about the types. Maybe you try through self-reflection to gain a profounder understanding of the personalities. Just wanted to state my opinion: you dont choose type, type chooses you; and if someone doesnt understand the type system, he or she better gains some real experience in life first

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
That is a very decent analogy, and yes, that is exactly what I meant.

Just from this analogy given, you seem more likely to be Ne valuing.

Ah, yes.

Oh, I fixed that post. I meant that Athenian could also be an ILI or SLI, seemingly more Te/Fi valuing. Ne valuing is coming on rather apparent though, even as a possible 5th function. "Attracted to the system in the first place, because of this hidden potential." It could very well mean Athenian is SiTe. But we have to examine before assuming.

I have noticed that I act Si in some ways, especially lately. Mostly because I've been too afraid to do anything new or potentially uncomfortable, and just keep doing what I'm used to even though I know there's something else I should be doing. It's slowly stressing me out, though.

deleted
All in all you seem Delta. Try looking at definitions of the EII and SLI, which one seems more like you. There's obviously some difference.

Order these from greatest to least usual use. Need a source? Use the one snegledmaca gave.

Ne
Fi
Te
Si

snegledmaca

Okay. I'm pretty sure I value Si in Socionics, but I suppose we should check. How do we go about that?

Well it should be obvious from your lifestyle, how you go about treating people, doing things, that is, it should be obvious from your interactions with other people. So perhaps descriptions of good and bad things you like, dislike in various people you've encountered.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Sry.

I just cant stand it no more to see people weighing which type suits them well and while I still can understand that someone is undecided in mbti the type descriptions on wicisonicon are far more detailed and leave less room for type indecision.

In my opinion a person will be firstly able to type his personality, when he reached an age of 80 years. This quest some people seem to participate in here, in finding out which type suits them well and then adhering to the general principles this type stands for to call themselves "personalities" afterwards, is just something that can bother you alot, if you hate it seeing people die dumb.

I overreacted yesterday I am sorry, I dont know your motives behind understanding and learning about the types. Maybe you try through self-reflection to gain a profounder understanding of the personalities. Just wanted to state my opinion: you dont choose type, type chooses you; and if someone doesnt understand the type system, he or she better gains some real experience in life first

Well, gee. By the time I'm 80 or have the kind of life experience you're talking about, I probably won't need something like personality type to make sense of it.

Now you make me ashamed of myself for being curious and wish I had just never been arrogant enough to try and learn about type. :blushing:

Snow Turtle

Don't have much insight into socionics, but this just struck me. Really?
You identify with the description of Socionics Si but disagree with the MBTI description of Se?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Well, gee. By the time I'm 80 or have the kind of life experience you're talking about, I probably won't need something like personality type to make sense of it.

Now you make me ashamed of myself for being curious and wish I had just never been arrogant enough to try and learn about type. :blush:

Its ok you can, just keep the necessary psychological distance. I dont know if you do already, if you do then we are fine.

My INFJ for example is a very wise person and knows alot about people, doing her major in some psychological crap I will never understand atm. And she thinks typology in general, may it be mbti or socionics is unhealthy, when done by unprofessionals. Thats why aswell its not accpeted in psychology in Europe, cause the doctors think it can lead people to think of having problems they dont have or of talking people themselves into something.

That I am telling you this and that I jump at you from time to time in the forums is because I think you are indeed a very deep and profound thinker aswell and you will probably now alot more about people than I will ever do in the long run, when you learn and interact. I am just trying to warn you of the psychological distance needed to the whole topic and that typology isnt always congruent to reality. We got enough nutcases already on the forum, dont need another one :).

I promise you tho in the hand, after I have gotten to know you better on the forums and I am convinced you have the necessary psychological distance to the topic, I am gonna give it a try aswell and try to type you in socionics. :)

(Or buy you a beer or something, whatever you want, I owe you something, jumped you alot of times already :unsure:)

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well it should be obvious from your lifestyle, how you go about treating people, doing things, that is, it should be obvious from your interactions with other people. So perhaps descriptions of good and bad things you like, dislike in various people you've encountered.

I'll try. Let's see... I remember I got really bothered when I was working at a company with someone, and he brought in his family members (who were not on the payroll) to do work. I felt like it was unprofessional and unfair that he was using them as workers. It bothered me so much that I quit.

Also, his wife really annoyed me, because she was very "in your face" and "right now." She would always pick at me for every little thing, like not immediately discarding a tissue after I'd used it the first time, or getting crumbs on my shirt. I wanted to hit her, but I'm above that sort of thing.

I also get annoyed at people who argue as if their will and emotions are universally applicable, or as if there's just one path through life.

Does any of that help?

snegledmaca

I'll try. Let's see... I remember I got really bothered when I was working at a company with someone, and he brought in his family members (who wasn't on the payroll) to do work. I felt like it was unprofessional and unfair that he was using them as workers. It bothered me so much that I quit.

Also, his wife really annoyed me, because she was very "in your face" and "right now." She would always pick at me for every little thing, like not immediately discarding a tissue after I'd used it the first time, or getting crumbs on my shirt. I wanted to hit her, but I'm above that sort of thing.

Could you expand upon these people, your take on them and so on.

Snow Turtle

Seems as if the post was removed but that does make sense Mercy. However it then begs the question. Can a person still identify with something they actually reject and detest?

I don't know Athenian that well, but I got the impression he was not rather fond of the MBTI description of Se which sounds alot like Si. Therefore I'm just surprised that he identifies with such. But then again I suppose in terms of one over the other it's possible.

Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat again Athenian. I'm just learning from you. Hehe. But can people have different positive/negative reactions to different functions even if they aren't considered the strenght?

deleted
Athenian, I'm wondering. I've found the process/result dichotomy to be very informative. With that being said, which do you relate to more? Process or result?

Process
Prefer to finish the entire process till the end before doing something else.
Do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end.
Immersed to a process and tends to single-tasking.
Focus between the beginning and the end of processes.
More inclined to read texts on books or computer from beginning to the end.
Socially more inclined to large groups.

Result
Use words such as "start", "end", "result" very quite often, and can have many things running in parallel and managing them quite ok.
Do things randomly, seemingly doing them from the end to the beginning.
Detached from processes and tends to multitasking.
Focus on the beginning and the end of processes.
More inclined to read texts on books or computer randomly, maybe reading random paragraphs or chapters.
Socially more inclined to small groups or intimate conversations.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Seems as if the post was removed but that does make sense Mercy. However it then begs the question. Can a person still identify with something they actually reject and detest?

I don't know Athenian that well, but I got the impression he was not rather fond of the MBTI description of Se which sounds alot like Si. Therefore I'm just surprised that he identifies with such. But then again I suppose in terms of one over the other it's possible.

Apologies for hijacking the thread somewhat again Athenian. I'm just learning from you. Hehe. But can people have different positive/negative reactions to different functions even if they aren't considered the strenght?

Actually, I do relate to MBTI Se better than MBTI Si, but I see it as something negative in myself. The part of me that sleeps through the alarm, eats too many snacks, or watches TV all day instead of putting my time to better use.

deleted
Actually, I do relate to MBTI Se better than MBTI Si, but I see it as something negative in myself. The part of me that sleeps through the alarm, eats too many snacks, or watches TV all day instead of putting my time to better use.

This sounds a lot more like an Si valuing type. Even Si ego, need for comfort and physical compromising. That last description of your work also sounded like Te ego with an Fe PoLR (but I'm not too sure, it was vague).

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Could you expand upon these people, your take on them and so on.

I don't remember them that well, honestly. I'm not good at expanding on things, because it seems to me that I made my point. I can't tell what you didn't see, but you seem to expect me to know.

Athenian, I'm wondering. I've found the process/result dichotomy to be very informative. With that being said, which do you relate to more? Process or result?

Process
Prefer to finish the entire process till the end before doing something else.
Do things sequentially, from the beginning to the end.
Immersed to a process and tends to single-tasking.
Focus between the beginning and the end of processes.
More inclined to read texts on books or computer from beginning to the end.
Socially more inclined to large groups.

Result
Use words such as "start", "end", "result" very quite often, and can have many things running in parallel and managing them quite ok.
Do things randomly, seemingly doing them from the end to the beginning.
Detached from processes and tends to multitasking.
Focus on the beginning and the end of processes.
More inclined to read texts on books or computer randomly, maybe reading random paragraphs or chapters.
Socially more inclined to small groups or intimate conversations.

:blushing: Umm... I think I'm going to be difficult to type. I'm way too confusing.

deleted
I honestly don't think SLI is a bad typing at all. You have seemed to portray this stereotype rather well in your descriptions and your temperament. I can also see this from how you type in the forums.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This sounds a lot more like an Si valuing type. Even Si ego, need for comfort and physical compromising. That last description of your work also sounded like Te ego with an Fe PoLR (but I'm not too sure, it was vague).

Eh... that was probably too vague to go on. I wish I had better memory, I only seem to remember bits and pieces of interactions with people, not whole scenarios.

deleted
It's quite alright. I'm think I'm pretty certain about my impressions right now. The only problem is that there just wasn't a large impression, because your explanation was vague. A better explanation would be fine with me sooner or later. I'd assume SLI as of now.