• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My Turn!!!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ ENFP, if you're quite sure you're intuitive. Otherwise, you sound like you could be ESFP. I'm not even sold on the Fi though....

Oh, and I'd expect an INFP to be able to go on for paragraphs about their friends :tongue:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^ ENFP, if you're quite sure you're intuitive. Otherwise, you sound like you could be ESFP. I'm not even sold on the Fi though....

Oh, and I'd expect an INFP to be able to go on for paragraphs about their friends :tongue:

:doh: lol, I am so not an ESFP, but I have been considering S, but it's unlikely. He talks about the latest thing his friend did and what colour his hat should be and stuff, I talk about crazy ideas and according to one of my friends, follow tangents between mid sen- let's tame the ducks and use them to scare people!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That was my initial suggestion; but he refuses to consider having S in his type. :shock::D

I think I have proved that I'm not an ESFP... this is ridiculous :laugh:, I'm reading a few of these resources, mainly on introversion/extroversion and thinking/feeling. I think I've just been lead to believe incorrect information about some of the... you know... things... :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The last test I took showed up INXJ right? well, they have dominant intuition... obviously the test was picking up on something, it probably coupled it with introversion, and labeled it Ni... either way, I test quite high on the intuitive scale. And I know a few S dominants, I can tell when they're using it (Si is a bit more difficult though), I am a sensotard. I've been reading up on the T/F definitions, and the E/I definitions and the likes, and I think that I'm more E & T, than I & F. I can be nice, I can be tactful, but when it comes to decisions, I side with logic rather than personal values and ethics. The E/I I'm not so certain about, I speak off the top of my mind when I talk to people... and often say dumb things, and I also really need to talk things out before I can understand them.

I know an ISFJ introvert that is very very good with people, but really needs alone time, and it's quite obvious. His parents are quite clearly SJs (the father was probably a thinker, mother was likely ESFJ), and they seemed to really encourage dinner table discussions and nurturing type things. I was fairly isolated by my parents, I wasn't aloud to ask them questions, or enter their rooms or anything, and dad always told me that I needed more confidence. In the car, I was frequently told to stfu so that they could drive. I've always been quite, but I'm not entirely sure if it was introversion, or just subjugation. In the past few years, I've been sort of teaching myself... at first I was definitely rather boring, I was talking to the wrong kinds of people about things I thought they would find interesting. Lately, I just say anything, and I'm finding it rather hard to just shut up and I can't stand it when I'm ignored/not understood... I think I need to tone it down a little :blush:.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, after following the link Orange left on another thread, I think I can relate to the EXTP tertiary temptation :shock:

Tertiary Fe (ExTP): "I'll lay a guilt trip on this guy, tell him all I've done for him and suggest that the next time he's in a tough spot, he might need my help. Well, hmm, ok, I'll be all friendly. I'll smile, tell him I like him, what a great guy he is. Well, hmm, that's not working, either. Ok, I'll make him look bad in the eyes of his friends." The Secondary Function (Ti) would say: "What is the truth? Not what people would agree is true, not an angle on the truth for making it palatable to someone, but the whole, honest truth?"

Just recently, one of my mates organised to go to the movies, without inviting me, supposedly because he believed that I would abuse his free tickets privileges. By sheer chance, I ran into a bit of trouble, and a chatterbox mother informed me of the event in which I was not meant to know of. I didn't react on the spot, I never do, I keep a straight face and move on, but later, I felt completely unwanted from everyone, but I rationalized that he probably meant well and that I should get over it. I wasn't convinced that he was being an ass, until ISTJ came along and shared his spiteful viewpoint with me. Then... I kind of looked through the options, I realize that I could organise my own outings and not invite him, but I have no money. So I decided to play on his guilt... say that I found out about it, and personally bring it to him, play on his guilt for my own petty revenge.

The Ti advice part actually helps me with this situation (which is yet to be addressed), I've been thinking it over, asking people what they think, and I went back to the first view point... sort of, well, I'm still thinking about it, I need more info, from the man himself most likely ;)

Chloe

ha ha king of despair, i have that tertiary temptation as well, Fe, and I def am not ExTP, so... i don't believe in that tertirary stuff.

Maybe you are ENTJ, they look like ENFP sometimes. :confused:

Chloe

I think it's time for you to call a professional! :cry: :cry: :laugh: ya know what i mean :p

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ha ha king of despair, i have that tertiary temptation as well, Fe, and I def am not ExTP, so... i don't believe in that tertirary stuff.

Maybe you are ENTJ, they look like ENFP sometimes. :confused:

... ooooor... maybe I'm right and I'm an ENTP. What the hell made you think that I'm an ENTJ? lol, first I have dominant Fi, now it's inferior!?!? Is there anything that suggests that I am not an ENTP? There is no doubt that I'm an NP, Ne is in there somewhere, dominant or not, it's quite strong.

I think it's time for you to call a professional! :cry: :cry: :laugh: ya know what i mean :p

lol, I've got no money (literally bankrupt) for the time being, it's what happens when you have no job and your parents can't really support you :yes:, so I won't be able to make any sort of international calls (at least until further notice). Right now, I'm taking Sol's advice, it makes sense, I realize that I don't have all that much theory on my side, I need to actually read things (as much as I struggle to focus on it). I might have a look for books and stuff at the library, or perhaps even take up a sociology course now that I'm possibly free for the next 6 months.

Chloe

well, i told you you can call with skype for *free* 0.00 AUD :p

ENTP? Well, you just sound too feelerish to me to be T :laugh:

look at this case INFP or ENFP? :laugh:; guy turned out to be an ENTJ in the end. :laugh:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
well, i told you you can call with skype for *free* 0.00 AUD :p

ENTP? Well, you just sound too feelerish to me to be T :laugh:

did you say that you need a deposit to sign up to skype? or did I just misread that... hmmm, if it's 100% free, I'll definitely give it a go :yes:

LOL, are you sure that it's not extroversion? Being emotional is an extroverted thing you know :violin:, they feel it more according to what I've been reading. I am certain that I identify with the T side, I'm quicker to look for logical pros and cons rather than making feeling based decisions and etc, I've seen Fs and Ts argue morally before, my view point is always different, but it is more similar to the Ts than the Fs. But then again, I do have a caring side, I can help people by recommending that they see a doctor about their sudden weight loss, I can be tactful, but the T preference comes first. Even when deciding whether I'm INFP or ENTP, I need a logical reason to pick a side, I don't just believe that I'm one or the other, It has to all fit , the tests, the actions, everything.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I think I've worked it out. ENTP based on what I've been reading, and what I've observed in my own behavior. I'm quite convinced of my type now, I think many people are prone to stereotyping, and taking wild stabs in the dark when it comes to these typing things, I've given in to the research--> self analyze method.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
switch your P back to J, we have too many entps in this forum. :D

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
switch your P back to J, we have too many entps in this forum. :D

I'd prefer to hunt and kill off the ones that we already have :devil:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay, as usual, I'm just posting brief thoughts and things that I've noted in my own behavioral patterns into this thread. I am generally horrible with building knowledge, which is pretty typical Ne, I need others to fill in this weakness. In socionics, they actually map out this weakness, Se types are quite good at knowledge gathering (my dad is an ESTP, he has thousands of facts tucked away neatly that just make me look really dumb :p), this makes me dead certain that I'm an Ne user, whether it's dominant or auxiliary. Also, those on the T/F divide are very unlikely to be dominant Fi or Ti, it wouldn't make any sense. INTPs are highly introverted and thinking, INFPs are highly introverted and feeling, I am neither of these, I am primarily intuitive, and that is also backed up by the perceiving. Intuition is thought of as an irrational function (whether Ne or Ni). So I'm either an INTJ, or an ENXP. I've looked into the INTJ description, and I can tell you now, that's my complete opposite. That leaves only ENXP to consider. I can relate to ENFP, but knowing what they're like IRL and on these forums, I can honestly say that I am not an ENFP. ENTP is the remaining option, it doesn't fit me perfectly, I'm much more modest, and whatnot, but it fits loosely.

I know I'm mixing socionics into MBTI, but it fills in the gaps quite well. ENTP for the win! :yay:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm still changing types, I'm fair sure that I used to be introverted, I was the shyest thing you'd ever see in my childhood, I didn't like talking to strangers, my parents friends, or anything like that, I would occasionally ride my bike to my other friends house, but it's only one good friend. That means, that I was probably introverted, and slowly built up extroverted qualities, I test as an ambivert, I would definitely consider myself an ambivert, the tests line up with that consideration, some things I prefer to do in an extroverted fashion, others an introverted fashion.

One thing I really wonder about is the Ts capacity to be nice. I find that I am actually quite a fair bit more generous than I though, and there's no logical basis for most of it, it's just self sacrifice (although that's quite an exaggeration). I've also noticed that introverts can act rather extroverted when they are in the company of one or two close friends, even in a large crowd of people, they can often be the loudest, most talkative ones there, and in my case, I can talk to complete strangers as much as any extrovert provided I have something to comment on. I don't feel drained from talking to people, it's quite the opposite, they give me quite a lot to think about, and I often get sort of... drunk? after talking to people. One thing that I have noticed as a sign of introversion, is that I actually get headaches after being extroverty for an extended period of time, I'm pretty sure that's a physical sign of a secondary function in play.

Lastly, I need to work out if I'm more INTP or INFP, and from the looks of things, I'd have to say, INTP is pretty well ruled out. The way Ti builds a sort of library or data is somewhat alien to me. But then again, I don't think I can actually see the effects of my Fi, I suspect that it's just hard to tell without knowing full well what you're looking for.

Last edited:

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've just encountered a very large doses of Ti... very very large, I just realized that I've been using it to do maths the entire time. I only just noticed it, I just found out that I have a significant lack of taste, it's incredible, I can't tell if something is bitter, I couldn't understand it, I couldn't define it. So in good old Ne fashion, I tried to apply vectors and define taste as a specific system, with sweet having a direction and a magnitude. I sampled some things that I was told are bitter, and tried to relate them to what I already know (eg. that flour is dry, so cocoa being dry is irrelevant to its bitter property). It is possible for an INFP to use Ti... but I feel quite comfortable doing it, I'm very drawn to it, It enables me to understand things (although, I don't understand taste just yet, It might help me develop a bit more Judging power... either way, I think this means that I'm an XNTP. Going by the serious lack of Si, I could say ENTP... but I used to be very introverted... I'm going with ambivert... that's what I test as now, 53% (leaning towards extrovert), I can relate to extroverts and introverts quite much. I also note that I don't care for such a meaningless thing as a birthday, all day I've had people saying happy birthday... I've found it rather annoying.

Chloe

is it your birthday? Happy Birthday! 20? awww. sweet.

anyway, yeah, could be ENTP, but still you had to use some kind of T to do the maths, I use Te (i guess) while doing math, and I find it very comfortable and easy, I enjoy it. But it's not my usual approach to life, with T. Some things you can't approach with F.

But yeah I would maybe go for ENTP for you after all of this.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
is it your birthday? Happy Birthday! 20? awww. sweet.

anyway, yeah, could be ENTP, but still you had to use some kind of T to do the maths, I use Te (i guess) while doing math, and I find it very comfortable and easy, I enjoy it. But it's not my usual approach to life, with T. Some things you can't approach with F.

But yeah I would maybe go for ENTP for you after all of this.

I'm not J enough to seal the deal, I'll probably keep changing type as I gather more information. The thing that I don't like about functional order, is that you're comparing things that are entirely different, and trying to apply a size to them. How can Fi be 'bigger' than Ti if they don't share a common factor? If you could say that you have 13 units of Ne, and 2 units of Ni, you can easily tell that you have more Ne than Ni, but without any system, it's all hazy. A question that asks you if you think that you're good at empathizing with others has not relation to whatever other question is there. All you can really do is keep trying to understand everything until you get the big picture and realize where you fit into it. I need more MBTI resources... :yes: