• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What's my Type?

Snow Turtle

I'm not allowed to give information since I'll most likely be a biased source, but my type has been called for questioning. So hopefully people here can give me some insight on what I am likely to be.

:yes:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
feel free to describe yourself first (you don't have to give up your type when describing how you think or what you do or how you describe things).

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm not allowed to give information since I'll most likely be a biased source, but my type has been called for questioning. So hopefully people here can give me some insight on what I am likely to be.

:yes:

Who's been questioning it?

You should know that you're the only ISFJ on here that I really "get." Kind of sad to realize you might not be one. I really thought I was getting better at understanding SJs.:(

But come to think of it, you do seem to be an N of some sort. It really hit me when I read that you were interested in psychological theory, but not in the biology behind it. I've specifically heard it mentioned that sensors, when they're interested in abstractions at all, do it as an extension of an interest in some tangible science like biology. So your area of interest and focus was the opposite of what I would have expected.

As far as specific type? I'd guess an INFx of some sort, which isn't very helpful considering functional order. You might even be a stressed xNTP.

Since you mistyped as ISFJ rather than INTx, and are questioning your type, I'd say that makes INFP more likely than INFJ (though I have trouble seeing you as an FP).

There's also the possibility that I'm trying too hard to avoid typing you as INFJ, because I know I'm biased towards seeing my own type in people I like.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You should know that you're the only ISFJ on here that I really "get." Kind of sad to realize you might not be one.

+1

No idea about your type though. I'd say CUTE, but that doesn't really fit a vulcan... I think my head would explode :unsure:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You are ISFJ. Because I said so.

Every frickin male ISFJ who joins this site ends up changing their type to something else, and I'm not letting it happen again! :steam:

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You are ISFJ. Because I said so.

Every frickin male ISFJ who joins this site ends up changing their type to something else, and I'm not letting it happen again! :steam:

*checks notes*

Ladies and gentlemen, you are now seeing the ENTJ shadow of an ISFP. Fascinating, isn't it?

*camera flashes*

Snow Turtle

feel free to describe yourself first (you don't have to give up your type when describing how you think or what you do or how you describe things).

This is a post I made a long time ago on the socionics forums, what I usually spend a large amount of my time thinking about, possibily stressing over on trying to discover my type. These are notepad paste that I've created in the past in order to try and solve a problem or something.

PS. You don't have to read all of it (the next post). It's just to give a rough idea of my thought process. It's a bit of a downer to read some of it as well.

I'm introverted and spend a large amount of time alone mulling over my own thought patterns and my understanding of self. You could say that I've become obsessive with this, the search for my own identity and all that.

When I'm around other people, I like to believe that others see me as a stable harmonious person, having said that internally I would not describe myself as mentally sound. This is because I have a lot of social anxiety around people, likely to be a huge factor in my quietness. I've identified that I fear rejection/failure and have a considerable amount of perfectionism within me. We all know that perfectionism can lead to paralysation however, and this is true with being spontaneous and decision making.

My interests mostly revolve around surfing on the internet, reading whatever interests me. Usually I'm found browsing the relationship, psychology and philosophy or general discussion sections on forums.

Other major random interests are gaming~ Yay. Dancing (Recently developed interest) and messing around with paranormal ideas such as astrology, tarot cards etc.

You can say that I've been brainwashed by this ideas, however the communities that I frequent have opened me up to see other perspectives on things that are usually emotionally charged such as polyamory, incest and asexuality. Often I'd be arguing against others because it's the "right" way to go even if it's not the accepted belief.

Snow Turtle

When I was feeling down and writing to myself to clarify things. [PS: May be biased because I might lack the ability to be objective about my own introspection.]

Inner turmoil is the expression that I'd give to myself. Constantly changing within, while maintaining the surface as slightly blue.

Like many others, I might be giving off negative vibes. But from the outsiders perspective, we can never see the intensity of the problem and how much it actually effects us as human beings.

I've always got the impression with the immediate people that I know, that emotionally I suffered alot more than others.

Yet at the same time I'm 100% aware that there will be people in this world that suffer much more than me. It's not a competition, yet I've somehow clinged to this identity of pain.

It gives me a sense of individuality, something that marks me out of as different. If I didn't have this emotional pain then I'd be somebody normal and quiet, without much thinking.

I've surpressed my feelings a large amount believing that it was the right thing to do, moderate my beliefs and get rid of irrational beliefs. Practicing understanding and compassion and truthfully I still think this is true...

The only thing is that I could let myself feel my emotions alot more, to let them in my mind rather than telling myself what I should do. Forcing the emotion to go another way.

Another thing that I might have to change is that I'm unwilling to trust other people, and the belief that they will get tired of me talking about of my problems and want to be less around me.

Part of me desires to be liked, not disliked. I don't want to be seen as the negative emotional person that leeches off other people, nor do I want to burden people.

Having said that I'm willing to let other people share their problems with me? Why is this? This is probably a step in my goal. For us to become closer, for them to trust and like me.

If I'm letting other people share their problems, and I don't seem to have a problem with it. How come I can't seem to do the same, why do I believe in the pessimistic side of the situation?

Is it the belief that I can't control the environment and I can't be certain of what other people will think. I can only be sure of myself, and hence I can only provide what is there for myself. My own stability?

Perhaps it is a case of trusting their words rather than acknowledging the fact that they are willing to see me as a friend.

I'll have to be honest here. I'm a little hurt and angry inside, there's more saddness in my response. My expectations of the situation was shattered, hoping and dreaming of a reality that didn't really manifest itself however it's possible that there's just a delay. As each day passes though, I see this less and less likely.

What am I angry about? I'm not sure... it's the mixed signals that I seem to get. It's the sense of being played for a fool, it's painful as well because I've known you for so long. It doesn't help that I internalise the feeling and get a little agitated by myself for feeling negatively, I don't want to do that.

You once told me that you felt the pressure of being perfect in front of me because of what I kept saying. It's probably true~ maybe I haven't been acknowledging that you are human and have flaws, but at the same time I never saw them as major flaws but personality behaviours that come naturally and so could be understandable and acceptable.

It's frustrating that I keep running to this road block where I'm uncertain of your intentions? Why is there that conflict?

It's because your behaviour don't reflect your words. From the words I understand we are close friends...

Occasionally I get messages from you, or talk to you. However I can't be certain that it's really you... I'm uncertain whether a wall has been put up between us. The idea that you are just being polite now since we've been a friend for such a long time, but it's time to move on as there's no longer a future with our friendship.

I can only hope that 2009 will be a better year for our friendship to blossom once again as it has been on standby for a long period of time.

There's no point in this blame necessary as I remember that you are working during this period of time.

This is a period of intensive lonliness because even htough I have met many wonderful friends, I lack the ability to connect with others on a scale that we connected over the last few years. Why is this?

It might just be to do with the fact that we connected early in the stage where my own insecurities and fear had not gotten the best of me, and thus I was able to forge that bond that would allow me to feel safe with you. With others I feel the pressure developed over the maany years.

I wonder by the end of the year, if I'll still be in touch with any of my friends. Is university for the social scene or the education? Personally for me... it's a case of meeting new people and experiencing new opportunities, followed by the education system of opening new paths way in the future.

I've noticed that one of my behaviour is to give the correct response, or the most reasonable response. However that might not neccessary be my own answers initially. I come to my conclusion after a long thought out period, and there's the possability that I might feel completely differently.

This produced a world of shoulds. The wise decision to make, the world of the perfect scenarios. What I should be striving for ideally. The thing is that I would like my views to be reasonable, I want to align myself with what I consider truth. Truth is not always based on first impression.

The only problem is when I start censoring my own thoughts, and believing that I'm being unreasonable. When does adapting to other ideas start becoming dangerous to your own identity, opinion and loss of self.

This fear of failure has really gripped me by the horns. Things always seem much worse in my mind than in reality, it's funny how that happens... really.

I've been paralysed by all these problems. I'm the sort of person that can't move forward until a problem has been solved, since it will end up consuming my thoughts. Making me analyse the situation in a circular fashion to solve something that is fixed by action alone.

Part 2 analysis of emotions.

I'm constantly censoring myself, but do I know why? I like being right, trying to have well thought out stances, it also stops me from being irrational. Haha it's funny since Arioch mentioned that it was silly to be putting so much pressure on being perfect/not irrational.

- I need to be perfect.

This is not a negative thing. I've searched for truths because of the above, it's pushed me to be more accepting and make me think through things properly rather than lashing out. But I second guess myself to see whether I'm doing things correctly.

I feel like I've failed on...

Will power
Social interaction

I'm scared of making mistakes, and they plague me for a long time.

Some might see me as superficial constantly searching for the perfect solution rather than letting myself express myself.

I'm scared I won't be able to handle the situation. I don't want to mess up... it destroys my idea of being perfect.

If I'm perfect then people will probably like me better. I got kicked out of school earlier on because of my behaviour, I don't want that to happen again.

My fear of rejection requires me to be perfect, but since I can't do that... I stress and feel useless and powerless.

It's not that revealing myself will cause me to be rejected, merely that it's not enough. My current self is not enough... and people don't really want to be around me since I'm incomplete. Therefore those that have proved themselves safe, I'll stick around since I know that they are willinig to accept me as I am. But I'm scared when I go into a negative phase that they won't want to anymore since there's only so much a friend can take.

I want to be liked. I'm ISFJ.. it's part of my personality.

For a long time...
We tell ourselves that we don't like to burden other people with our problems, we want to be a good friend. Willing to listen to other people. We want to be good.

Yet at the same time it's possible we didn't tell others because we wanted to be strong and didn't want to be seen a weak, we don't want to be vunerable. No that's not it... It's just a case of being seen as imperfect and thus rejected.

We don't accept our own imperfections, and are scared that others won't accept our imperfection.

Writing a letter to my friend INFJ.

Hey,

X mentioned that you were full with work, so it's definitely a nice surprise to hear from you. I wasn't expecting this at all.

"A lot of things have happened, though now they all seem meaningless. The whole existence of IB is for us to look forward to the future, not enjoy the present, which is excactly my purpose of life right now."

That's so deep. *Applaud*
It's certainly true that a lot the past become meaningless in the sense we needn't worry about them. The university of X sounds like a fantastic place, I can only wish you the best of luck!

Speaking of universities. I'll have started my new course, at my new university. The first two weeks are freshers' week so we won't be focusing too much on study. It's mostly clubbing, drinking and meeting others. *Yum* Having said that I'm really looking forward to the idea of new friends and generally having a good time with others. There's alot more opportunities to explore at university, especially now that I've got a student loan.

Driving lessons, instrumental lessons... The world is my oyster. OK, maybe not. I'll be surviving like all the other students, baked beans on bread, 8p pot noodles and near expired food (It's cheapest when the shops are closing) I suppose I'll have a bit more monies since I won't be spending £30 on drinks in a night-out. Should be a fantastic trial of endurance, we'll become experts at living in the wild by the time we've finished.

What else has been happening?
Our trip to Orlando Florida Disney World! Granted that was about a month ago. A whole range of emotions and events occured in those two weeks, where to start?

When we first arrived at the hotel, we couldn't believe that we had been placed in a bungalow. The building itself had the caribbean feel to it, along with horrible contrasting colours of pink and fake green. Inside was rather pleasent though, huge mirrors, television hidden in the cupboard, two kingsized beds (4 people sharing) and they even gave us bunny dolls made out of towels. The air conditioning was kept on at all times due to the heat outside and the humidity caused by passing tropical storms. *Putting it lightly...*

The dining plan. We were all given this ticket that allowed us 14 quickservice meals, snacks and diningservice. Most of the meals leave you quite bloaty feeling, there's so much beef and chicken, at the same time getting a hold of good vegetables was extremely hard. We spent the first few days using quickservice meals for breakfast and dinner, thinking we just had to worry about ourselves. We were totally shock and chaos when we found out a) 8 of us were grouped together b)That in 5 days we had already spent nearly half our credit. Quickly changed our eatting pattern... >.<

Otherwise we spent alot of time shopping, visiting theme parks, swimming (in my case-drowning. You need to give me some advice, everybody just keeps on telling me to kick...) and fine dining in expensive restaurants. 50 diners, princess and castles, expensive hotel place, hawaian etc. The rides weren't as great as I thought they would be. You know how when you close your eyes, you can feel the ride afterwards? That didn't happen at all! The thing they did have however was loads of theme-based shops after you finished. It's crazy... My favourite ride so far had to be the hulk. You sort of exploded upwards through a cannon. At this point I have to say that the little children are crazy, going to the front on some of these major rides.

A couple of brief funny (and somewhat cynical) situations that stand out.

I tried to lift up a some random chinese kid, who I mistook for someone else. That was rather embarrasing when he just starred at me, in hindsight it was rather obvious that he was much shorter than usual. The fact that Kay was laughing at this didn't help either.

My uncle drove into the staff parking area (it was closer to the themepark).Next thing we know...there are two car wardens tracking us down. Our excuse when questioned? "Oh sorry sir, I'm lost and I'm looking for my brothers car."

While taking a group picture with Mickey Mouse characters. Bruce tried to rub Mickey's noise, effectively slapping the guy. Suffice to say he wasn't very pleased. Moved out then back in but didn't want us touching anymore.

We spent 40 minutes waiting for some ferry that usually comes every 15 minutes. However decided to go home since the littleluns wanted to go swimming, they already had quite an exhuasting morning. Some guy tells us that we're crazy for leaving especially having waited for so long. He was right. Sod's law kicked in, the boat turned up 5 minutes after we were walking in the other direction. It was pretty funny in any ironic way, although the family was pissed off considerably.

Loads of family photos were taken. I wish I could show you some of them, but such is the life of digital cameras. You don't have hard copies... It's probably on facebook though.

Anyhow I'll keep you posted with university in the next few weeks.
See you till then,
Sanity

Getting out from an apathy stage temporarily.

Think I've returned back to the light side, or I was never on the dark side. It just doesn't feel natural to me even though I wanted to not care about anything.

The truth is that I'm attracted to things such as harmony and beauty in the environment. Freedom is that harmony.
Meaning is beautiful. Deep natures are wonderful.

Most people are interesting and complicated, I'd like to learn about their lifestyle. What made them, them today? In fact I think before I start writing a letter I'd love to write a bullet point of what interests me about other people.

Positive emotions are nice. I like being surrounded by this sort of feeling... it's love isn't it? The calm sort of feeling, rather than the raging infatuation passions. Long and sustainable even if there's no real high.

I'm a believer that the person creates their own environment of beauty. Therefore I want to contribute to society because I believe it's the right thing to do, but also because it's the most natural harmonious thing.

The thing that was stopping me, or is still stopping me is the focus on negative thoughts. I've been so self-absorbed that I've lost sight of whats out there because it's difficult to focus on other things properly when you are feeling down yourself.

Music reflects my soul.
Soft music reflects the inner harmony that I desire.
Rap music reflects the energy and enthusiasm that I want to bring to the world. Joy and radiance because this manifests as positive feelings.
Deep messages in music reflect the deepness and lasting effect, the complexity and simplicity of the true nature. The genuine inside rather than the surface. What's really inside.

The belief that I had to be perfect first meant that I couldn't really focus on other people and my surrounding environments. Once again, to reinforce this idea because I was too focused on my own problems and how it crippled me. You know what the ironic thing is? The ironic thing is that these sort of thinking would backfire and work against me.

-
Their behaviour, thinking patterns and how they would react in certain situations.
-
Their views of reality
-
How their past shaped it, how it will impact their future.
-
Their own interests.
-
What they think about my interests.
-

I'm interested in learning things, especially the views of other people and how they operate. This allows me to gain new views and at the same time it's because I want to be around these specific people. I'm interested in wanting to know who they are, and what they think. As well as having a good time with these people.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
there's definitely some SP lodged in there. that poem about music? i'd accept you as an ISFP. you're highly emotional, your S doesn't seem very strong and you have an intuitive tertiary that seems to peek out every now and again. it could argued whether it's Fi or Fe, but i think it's highly unlikely that you have a dominant S that you seem to almost not use at all.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Wow. I really like the way you think Kai. It's so... tranquil. You deserve to be called an NF more than I do. :blushing:

You remind me of myself in some ways, except you're a lot more spontaneous, appreciative of beauty, and just plain... I don't know.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
First off Kai explain how you're not an ISFJ. I wouldn't say you're an N just because you're interested in theory and introspect a good bit.

Many people may be mistaken simply because they don't know ISFJs very well. First off, do you identify with Si or Ni more? Explain why or why not on both.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
First off Kai explain how you're not an ISFJ. I wouldn't say you're an N just because you're interested in theory and introspect a good bit.

Well, I've got to say. He's got one of the clearest examples of N I've seen. If he's not an N, then I really can't see how a lot of the other members that claim to be N are Ns.

Now you've got me thinking that I was correct about how you can just take any type and find a way to make it fit your experiences, because the types don't describe anything you can measure.
Many people may be mistaken simply because they don't know ISFJs very well. First off, do you identify with Si or Ni more? Explain why or why not on both.

Well, which definitions of Si and Ni should we use? For that matter... has Kai taken the function tests yet (I know they're flawed, but it's at least worth a look)? I wonder what his Si/Ni scores would be?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Well, I've got to say. He's got one of the clearest examples of N I've seen. If he's not an N, then I really can't see how a lot of the other members that claim to be N are Ns.

how did you reach that conclusion? what is a clear example of N?

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
how did you reach that conclusion? what is a clear example of N?

It's not one specific thing he said, it's the way he says things. There's this whole sense of defining your own path through life, seeing things symbolically, perfectionism, trying to see the meaning of things... those are all qualities I've associated with Ni/NJs (NP is rather different).

I'm just saying, he has as much or more right to call himself an N as anyone on this site. To be honest, I suspect he's (perhaps unconsciously) one of those people who just put an S in their profile to "fight for the underdog" because sensors are a minority here and people (including myself) don't know how to appreciate their good qualities. It's certainly a noble thing to do. I just wouldn't be willing to put up with the teasing and incorrect assumptions about me, which is why I wouldn't.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not one specific thing he said, it's the way he says things. There's this whole sense of defining your own path through life, seeing things symbolically, perfectionism, trying to see the meaning of things... those are all qualities I've associated with Ni/NJs (NP is rather different).

So it's impossible for a sensor to do this? Really? Tell me why. Why wouldn't a sensor think about how something is symbolic? I don't think that it would be the natural response, but anyone can introspect and find greater meaning to things if the thing means a good deal to them. Why wouldn't a sensor want to have their path in life defined? I think that these are all character traits and not personality traits.

Then again what am I fighting for here? A lot of people here have a pretty flawed view of what sensors are like, if people stick to these flawed views and argue them then there's no point. Besides, Kai knows by now he's ISFJ, he's a good example of one in my opinion.

Sensors can be deep people, come on now... I would really like an explanation as to why it's impossible for a sensor to be deep.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
So it's impossible for a sensor to do this? Really? Tell me why. Why wouldn't a sensor think about how something is symbolic? I don't think that it would be the natural response, but anyone can introspect and find greater meaning to things if the thing means a good deal to them. Why wouldn't a sensor want to have their path in life defined? I think that these are all character traits and not personality traits.

They would want their path in life defined, but they wouldn't seek to define it in their own terms. They'd want it defined by others, AFAIK. Also, sensors tend to think visually and/or in terms of action, rather than verbally. He clearly has a primarily verbal/linguistic mindframe and way of relating to life.

Yes, anyone could introspect. I've seen some of the xSFPs on here do so with things that were really important to them. But it's not something they do as consistently as Kai does. His also doesn't start with details, but starts with the concept and then fits details into it. With SFPs I see the opposite happening... the details are placed out, and then a pattern forms.
Then again what am I fighting for here? A lot of people here have a pretty flawed view of what sensors are like, if people stick to these flawed views and argue them then there's no point. Besides, Kai knows by now he's ISFJ, he's a good example of one in my opinion.

Sensors can be deep people, come on now... I would really like an explanation as to why it's impossible for a sensor to be deep.

Well, it's not so much the exact process of sensing, so much as what it represents. It has come to represent the mundane, traditional way of thinking, those who don't examine life and just live. N essentially means that you seek to "see past" the mundane way and find your own path. S means you're content to accept what you've been taught, examine life in those terms, and follow the beaten trail. In all honesty, Ss are probably better for society, while Ns are better as individuals. If that makes any sense.

But you can see how that concept might arise out of the difference between relying on tangible details, and relying on overall patterns, right? I don't know how accurate it is, but that's how N/S is basically interpreted.

I admit that I don't know how they should be interpreted, I just know that that's how they are interpreted. This could be an oversight on my part.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your ignorance is ASTOUNDING! I won't even bother to respond... How can you honestly believe these things? How did you come to these conclusions? WTF?

:shock: :wtf:

Dude, you REALLY REALLY need to read up on sensors. I mean, everything you posted really just isn't true.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Your ignorance is ASTOUNDING! I won't even bother to respond... How can you honestly believe these things? How did you come to these conclusions? WTF?

:shock: :wtf:

Dude, you REALLY REALLY need to read up on sensors. I mean, everything you posted really just isn't true.

"Read up"? I've read several definitions of sensing. I've just picked up on some extrapolations from what I've read since I've been here, noticing how people react to the idea of N/S over time, what it seems to mean to them in various contexts.

I'm sad that you're going to dismiss my interpretations of things without explaining what you think is true and why, but I suppose that's your right...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
"Read up"? I've read several definitions of sensing. I've just picked up on some extrapolations from what I've read since I've been here, noticing how people react to the idea of N/S over time, what it seems to mean to them in various contexts.

Fact: peoples reactions to the idea of N/S is not N/S itself.