• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP?

What type do you think BEST fits my character/personality?

• ISTJ

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• ISFJ

• INFJ

• ISFP

• INFP

• ESTJ

• ENTJ

• ESTP

• ENTP

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • ESFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Chloe

If i remember correctly, Fi child has often imaginary friends, and Ne child not. :blink: because is more social.

seems to me you were Fi child, but still that doesn't mean you are INFP....I don't think all Es were Es as childs etc. there are too many influences like enviorment, support, development...

maybe confusion about INFP/ENFP comes from having Fi so both NFPs are very sensitive, so often Es act like Is because they are fragile... :blink:

and btw. don't know does it have any relation but ex. i didn't like reading as kid, actually i learned to read (for real) at 12, been avoiding it untill then (Actually learned it passively), also no imaginary friends, no inner dialoge as kid, constant human interaction, made friends extremely fast, i was pretty sensitive and easy to hurt but never really withdraw, i asked many questions, constant why,why,why, and my Ne was very aparent because I red very easily human relationships and know whats in the air....still i'm also not sure about my ENFPness... but still think what i've said before - Fi is fragile so I guess most people who doubt about ENFP or INFP are in fact ENFPs.
my INFP friends are almost never (on their own initiative) playful, flirty and all that...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
hmm...i match the fi child more than ne.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, let me explain my concept of 'imaginary friends'

My imaginary friends were either real historical figures (i.e. I would read about several historical figures, and I would imagine interviewing them or something, or just talking with them, or how I would have acted differently, etc.)

OR

I would imagine teaching in front of the class, make rosters and everything, and then teach the lessons I was taught - it was a more enjoyable way of STUDYING you know - made it more fun and stuff.

OR

I would imagine arguing with all the people in my class I couldn't stand...What I would say to them and how I would be better than all of them. Sometimes I just talked absolute nonsense, recorded it, and listened to myself and laughed my ass off. LOL

My grandmother often came in and said WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO??? At which time, I would bashfully say ummmm, nothing...then she would leave, and I'd start again HAHAHHA.

Trust me, I'd love to have REAL friends, but I was just too WEIRD, and you have to imagine, we lived near a NAVY base, so do you think there were a HELL of a lot of NFs running around? Notttttt reallyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Chloe

Trust me, I'd love to have REAL friends, but I was just too WEIRD, and you have to imagine, we lived near a NAVY base, so do you think there were a HELL of a lot of NFs running around? Notttttt reallyyyyyyyyyyyy....

yeah, I don't know.
Did you hang out with adults? (I as a child was hanging out with adults also, with everybody :shock: )

i think that child theory can't much help typing people.... obviously some ENFPs were Fi childs

S

Sniffles

Well, let me explain my concept of 'imaginary friends'

My imaginary friends were either real historical figures (i.e. I would read about several historical figures, and I would imagine interviewing them or something, or just talking with them, or how I would have acted differently, etc.)

OR

I would imagine teaching in front of the class, make rosters and everything, and then teach the lessons I was taught - it was a more enjoyable way of STUDYING you know - made it more fun and stuff.

OR

I would imagine arguing with all the people in my class I couldn't stand...What I would say to them and how I would be better than all of them. Sometimes I just talked absolute nonsense, recorded it, and listened to myself and laughed my ass off. LOL

My grandmother often came in and said WHO ARE YOU TALKING TO??? At which time, I would bashfully say ummmm, nothing...then she would leave, and I'd start again HAHAHHA

Yes I did all this too as a kid. Hey who knows, maybe I was an ENFP too. :D :tongue10:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yeah, I don't know.
Did you hang out with adults? (I as a child was hanging out with adults also, with everybody :shock: )

i think that child theory can't much help typing people.... obviously some ENFPs were Fi childs

I hung out A LOT more with adults than with people my own age. I did NOT feel comfortable with people in my own age group, and I still don't to a large degree, although this is getting better.

Along with that, I have to say that I was raised in a protective household with my grandparents (older generation) so that might have something to do with it. I was playing cribbage and bridge when other people were still playing No Parking (though I played that, too). We discussed about politics and history while others were talking about clothes, cars, and dolls....

But I preferred it, and that was the 'weird' thing; whereas others might have been climbing out windows to hang out with their myriad of friends, I was content to stay at home and argue politics with a bunch of adults.

Any interaction with my peers was generally within the confines of school, which was very competitive. I did math contests, science fairs, poetry reading contests, speeches and plays, etc. You don't 'hang out' with the competition. :tongue10:

S

Sniffles

I hung out A LOT more with adults than with people my own age. I did NOT feel comfortable with people in my own age group, and I still don't to a large degree, although this is getting better.
Same here. Although all my real friends were a year younger than me, so they weren't in my class. So I was pretty much on my own at school and whatnot. :-/

We discussed about politics and history while others were talking about clothes, cars, and dolls....

Well damn at least you had people to discuss those things with. I didnt really, except my father - and well me and him didn't get along too well during this time really. I did have some distant family members who were older, but I rarely saw them. So for much of the time it was me arguing with myself.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Same here. Although all my real friends were a year younger than me, so they weren't in my class. So I was pretty much on my own at school and whatnot. :-/

Well damn at least you had people to discuss those things with. I didnt really, except my father - and well me and him didn't get along too well during this time really. I did have some distant family members who were older, but I rarely saw them. So for much of the time it was me arguing with myself.

Yes, I have to admit I was lucky that my family appreciated those kinds of things....Or else I would have gone bat-shit crazy. Whenever it got a little boring, I went to my room and conjured up Hitler, Stalin, Peron, Wilson, Roosevelt, or Lincoln and had some interesting arguments with them. LOL Quite entertaining. Then it was on to the so-called 'Fabulous Five' would be better called the 'Fart-shit Five' and then I'd prove that I was better in EVERYTHING lol....Oh man, I was so weird, oh well lol. (Wait? Was? LOL)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem a bit tough and opinated.

LOL You're right: I can be quite tough and opinionated. Ask my husband - we had a little political spat today. lol His rational self couldn't quite grasp how I could take something so personally. And my feeling self couldn't quite grasp how he could be so callous with a topic that would have had a direct negative impact on my life.

S

Sniffles

Yes, I have to admit I was lucky that my family appreciated those kinds of things....
My family did too....up to a point. Just seem my interest went deeper than they could ever imagine. Oh well, it's interesting when you develop the skill to tear your own arguments and worldviews apart.

hommefatal

Regarding the child thing I acted like a Ne or a Fe child. I used to be much more outgoing but since I turned 13 I avoid attracting attention very often. It's because I feel totally wrong. I'm 15 but I (want to) act like a 25 year old, and I'm male but I act (a bit) more like a girl. Once I'm independent it will become better.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww, I know how you feel. It's hard being different from all your peers, but I'm sure you'll find your way. :hug:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Choleric: 47
Phlegmatic: 35
Melancholy: 69
Sanguine: 58
Supine: 60

Hmm what could this mean? :shock:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
When I asked him to type me (i.e. answer the questions as my husband saw me), my husband thought I was an esFj...thoughts???

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is from similarminds.com

Right Brain |||||||||||| 48%
Left Brain |||||||||||| 50%

Jung test results today:

Extroverted (E) 56.67% Introverted (I) 43.33%
Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
Perceiving (P) 52.78% Judging (J) 47.22%

Hmm, testing particularly strong N today but some people think I'm S!!! How can that be??? My mind is revolting. Last time I got what's in my signature.

Enneagram test results today:

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||| 60%
Type 3 Image Awareness |||||||||||||||| 63%
Type 4 Sensitivity |||||| 23%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||| 40%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 43%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||| 50%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||||||| 53%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||| 40%

So it looks like 3 > 2 = 1 > 8 > 7 > 6 > 9 > 4

Weird........