• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENFP?

What type do you think BEST fits my character/personality?

• ISTJ

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • INTJ

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • ISTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

• ISFJ

• INFJ

• ISFP

• INFP

• ESTJ

• ENTJ

• ESTP

• ENTP

• ESFJ

• ENFJ

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • ESFP

• ENFP

Votes: 18 72.0%

• Total voters

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If I remember your test results you are extremly balanced ENFP.
What should explain the comments of others and why someone does not see you as ENFP.

I agree. Take a look at my latest test results. Very, very balanced. 50/50 on T/F axis, 50/50 on J/P axis, which lends people to believe I can be pretty much...well...anything. However, my thinking and expression tends to push me slightly into the NF brackets, which makes ENFP the most likely with the really high Ne and Te as well as Fi scores.

Well, I thought you were an INFJ really, and the T preference/balance could be because of the tertiary Ti. But the same thing goes for ENFP, only with tertiary Te. I'd swear I just got an INFJ vibe from you though...

I agree. Te often goes crazy with me, which makes people ABSOLUTELY SURE I could not be an F, combined with the fact that my Fe is REALLY low, and people often associate T behavior with a low Fe. :)

As far as I can remember, INFJs often seem rather P as well :thinking:

You can tell us a bit about yourself, that usually helps when typing people :yes:, as annoying as it is for you to go to the effort :)

edit: just noticed the cognitive functions results... I doubt INFJ, ENFP sounds right (by default).

I hope typing this stuff helped a bit.

It was mostly a hunch, I'd say. The NF is a certainty, and INFJ/ENFP both have fairly high Thinking functions, It was a tossup between the two, and since ENFPs are frequently uber perceivers 4 life (not to mention your rather high Introverted score), I was led to think INFJ. Plus your avatar and name thing fits the mold rather nicely too. ENFPs with high Te are rather odd I think, there's one at INTPc called Etherrealsage. I can't remember exactly what it was that made her hard to type, but it could have been supremely high Te. She says that she isn't a normal ENFP :D

Jeffster also helped me in chat by explaining what Keirsey calls the 'Idealist' type. That seemed to really match my ideas and how I was expressing them, which would definitely make me an NF, narrowing it down to INFJ, ENFJ, INFP, ENFP. Considering my really high Ne, ENFJ and INFJ seem less likely. That leaves INFP and ENFP. Sooo, the question is Fi > Ne > Si > Te or Ne > Fi > Te > Si. Thinking is too strong to be in last position, and Ne is much stronger than Fi. So I'm going with ENFP, I think...

What do you think about that?

maybe you're just really a type that the MBTI hasn't described. your function order seems skewed from the norm.

That might be true. Perhaps the test is not designed for people like me, who I would call 'situational' people: 'It depends' is our middle name, and the behavior changes according to the situation. I can act very E and I, very S and N, very T and F, and very J or P depending on the situation.

That's why I think the cognitive function test is much more helpful for people like me, who seem very balanced when it comes to the individual letters. When I take that test, it is clear that Ne, Fi and Te are the front runners, which probably would dump me more into the ENFP (or perhaps more accurately: WEIRD ENFP) category.

You seem very ISTJ to me. ;)

This is an interesting analysis. I would agree that in stressful situations, such as tests, I can exhibit this behavior. But I would not say I'm like this on a regular basis in my free time. It's interesting that you mention this though, why do you think so, if I may ask?

Normal ENFP?

I´m not positive. But never though LL wasn´t ENFP.

This falls in line with me being an unusual ENFP.

I think you're an ESFP with a very highly developed N. Or perhaps an ENFP with a very highly developed S. I think you break even there.

I often thought about that, LadyJaye, and so I talked with Jeffster quite a bit to try to find out the difference between an ESFP and an ENFP. He indicated me that my manner of expression was simply more in line with NF behavior than SP behavior.

For example, he asked me the question, "What is the sense of life?" or something like that and I answered, "To help develop myself further, and to help others along their evolutionary path." He said that an SP would be more likely to say, "To experience lots of stuff." Although that is important, it's not the most important thing for me.

After I took the cognitive functions test, it was clear that Ne was the forerunner. However, the interesting thing is that there was only a 7 square spread between my highest and lowest cognitive function, meaning that I have an average use with almost every function, good use of Fi and Te and excellent use of Ne.

:D Thanks for sharing. Why do you think so, if I may ask?

ENFP or ENFJ.

Very ENFP-ish in every respect except for one thing I can't quite put my finger on, but which "feels" J-ish to me.

Sorry I can't be more concrete about it, but based on my interactions with you, my gut tells me you are slightly more J than P.

Ahh, yes, this is quite interesting. Most of the ENFPs on here have very strong scores, I notice. Like 80% P or something like that. With me, it's almost always between 48-50% J and 50-52% P. Same with the T/F axis, which makes me quite a conundrum indeed, which is why I asked for your help.

At the end of the day, though, if you look at other tests as well, like the cognitive functions test, you can see that Ni/Fe is quite a bit less (though not much) than my Ne/Fi/Te axis. This would indicate less of a likelihood that I am ENFJ and more of a likelihood that I am ENFP.

Interestingly enough, I think I wear an ENFJ 'hat' when I teach, which is like 80% of my waking hours during the week, which has probably really developed my personality and shaped it.

What do you think, though?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Oh, that's interesting, someone thinks I'm an ISTJ....I wonder why. :cool:

I was just kidding. Sorry if I sounded serious, lol. You don't really sound ISTJ. I don't know enough about you to take a guess at your type.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Firstly, you are not an S. Find one post in the S forum with this type of self analysis. Actually, you won´t find many posts that aren´t by a dominant N or T with this type of analysis. This leaves your choices as ENFP, INFJ, or an NT.

This statement also screams ENFP.
"To help develop myself further, and to help others along their evolutionary path."

Also, you don´t need Te to logic the shit out of people. Ne is brilliant at it. Logic is connections and comparisons. And we over-rely on Ne more than any type.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
agree with noigmn...you just happen to be one of the fortunate ones with developed j and can employ it when necessary...doesn't mean it's necessarily your preference just that you're comfortable with it...perhaps.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just kidding. Sorry if I sounded serious, lol. You don't really sound ISTJ. I don't know enough about you to take a guess at your type.

Hehe :) Maybe you just wanted me in your little group - so that's a compliment, thanks!

Firstly, you are not an S. Find one post in the S forum with this type of self analysis. Actually, you won´t find many posts that aren´t by a dominant N or T with this type of analysis. This leaves your choices as ENFP, INFJ, or an NT.

This statement also screams ENFP.
"To help develop myself further, and to help others along their evolutionary path."

Also, you don´t need Te to logic the shit out of people. Ne is brilliant at it. Logic is connections and comparisons. And we over-rely on Ne more than any type.

True. I think ENFP is pretty accurate, even if some people believe I'm NT.

agree with noigmn...you just happen to be one of the fortunate ones with developed j and can employ it when necessary...doesn't mean it's necessarily your preference just that you're comfortable with it...perhaps.

That could be. Good point! :) Thanks.

G

garbage

You made some post about "feeling" ISTJ at one point. It resonated with me down to nearly the last detail.

It's possible to still tap into tertiary and inferior functions if you'd been using them for a while.

For reference, I've found that as I've matured, I've become a lot like my first psychologist, a bona-fide ENFP. He was very analytical, and I would've thought him to be some sort of introverted thinking type.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You made some post about "feeling" ISTJ at one point. It resonated with me down to nearly the last detail.

It's possible to still tap into tertiary and inferior functions if you'd been using them for a while.

For reference, I've found that as I've matured, I've become a lot like my first psychologist, a bona-fide ENFP. He was very analytical, and I would've thought him to be some sort of introverted thinking type.

Being quite a balanced type, I think this enables me to tap into any function if necessary at will, but I have most trouble with Fe (this was really bad as a child, but it's better now, perhaps through teaching) and Se (still have trouble with that - though my husband helps me develop it by 'waking me up' to the world around me).

As I said in the introverted ENTP thread (our nearest cousin), I think of ENFP like this:

Ne makes, creates, and formulates the vision.
Fi judges, evaluates, and analyses the vision.
Te structures, implements, and makes the vision HAPPEN.
Si provides the factual basis, the foundation and the details of the vision.

Alternatively Ti can take the place of Fi and Fe can take the place of Te, but I don't feel as comfortable with that.

And that really kind of sums up how I work....So I think that makes me definitely more ENFP than anything else....

When I just need to mechanically/technically get 'shit' done, I sometimes launch into ISTJ mode, particularly before a test, where I just have to learn and remember a shit load of detail in a very systematic manner....

Of course more verbal, spontaneous, intuitive tasks like essay writing and analysis come more easily to me, but I like to store a warehouse of facts sometimes to backup any potential argument I have to make, thus the HUGE emphasis on my inferior functions before an exam.

However, this *can* (doesn't have to, if I enjoy the subject) make me really stressed, providing a great relief when the whole thing is over. This means that after the test is over (or at most a year later) I've actually forgotten all these facts and reverted back to my more bird's eye perspective.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
MMDI MBTI Test Results

:wtf:

INFJ 69%
INFP 67%
INTJ 65%
ENFP 63%
ENFJ 60%
ENTP 58%
ISFP 58%
INTP 57%
ESFJ 51%
ENTJ 50%
ISFJ 50%
ISTP 48%
ISTJ 45%
ESFP 43%
ESTJ 41%
ESTP 39%

Which totally contradicts this:

Extraversion: 64 (average: not subdued loner or jovial chatterbox)

Friendliness: 49 (average)
Gregariousness: 64 (average)
Assertiveness: 49 (average)
Activity level: 83 (high)
Excitement seeking: 56 (average)
Cheerfulness: 61 (average)

Agreeableness: 31 (low: less concern with others' needs than your own; tough, critical, uncompromising) HEY!!!! That's crap!!!!!

Trust: 28 (low)
Morality (more guarded, less willing to open up): 22 (low)
Altruism: 70 (high)
Cooperation: 52 (average)
Modesty: 39 (average)
Sympathy: 17 (lowww probably because I want prisoners to rottttttt!!!)

Conscientiousness: 47 (average: reasonably reliable, organized and self-controlled)

Self-efficacy: 38 (average)
Orderliness: 49 (average)
Dutifulness: 59 (average)
Achievement striving: 84 (high)
Self-discipline: 47 (average)
Cautiousness: 17 (low)

Neuroticism: 56 (average: stressful and frustrating situations are upsetting, but can get over them and cope with life)

Anxiety: 42 (average)
Anger: 70 (high)
Depression: 44 (average)
Self-consciousness: 40 (average)
Immoderation: 63 (average)
Vulnerability: 71 (high)

Openness: 71 (high: you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.)

Imagination: 95 (high: There's Ne shining through!!!)
Artistic interests: 48 (average)
Emotionality: 70 (high: There's Fi making its appearance!)
Adventurousness: 80 (high)
Intellect: 70 (high: There's the strong Te!!)
Liberalism: 14 (HAHAHAHA! Awesome!)

So that means I'm really average except for being a super duper open, conservative person. Sounds about right to me. Probably the only ENFP on here who scored 14 on the liberalism score. Muhahahahhahaahhahaha!

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm a frequent lurker, but I've read a number of your posts.

To me, you're the embodiment of what an ENFP looks like when their tertiary function is developed. I've ran into a few similar-minded individuals and they could certainly give off an extroverted thinking impression when the time calls for it. You almost wouldn't believe otherwise until you take the time to identify their ulterior motivations. (BTW, they all work in the academia, if that indicates anything.) Using the 8 functions may bring about deeper insight to your true type in this case. A simple E vs. I test doesn't describe which functions are extroverted or introverted. If the test uses Fe as their criteria for feeling, then someone who relies on Fi can be sorted into the thinking realm. In addition, we aren't just 100% of one side; we execute them to various degrees and at separate energy costs. It's a matter of where those preferences arrange themselves in a natural environment that determines who we are.

ESFP? ISTJ? Hmmmm, it's unlikely. You seem to have a great obsession with your vision of how things should be. A sensor would prefer to live in the moment.

Te (or Fe) also makes a person appear more sensing because of their heighten recognition of reality.

PS: Excuse any repetition of the prior posts. I skimmed this thread. :alttongue:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a frequent lurker, but I've read a number of your posts.

To me, you're the embodiment of what an ENFP looks like when their tertiary function is developed. I've ran into a few similar-minded individuals and they could certainly give off an extroverted thinking impression when the time calls for it. You almost wouldn't believe otherwise until you take the time to identify their ulterior motivations. (BTW, they all work in the academia, if that indicates anything.) Using the 8 functions may bring about deeper insight to your true type in this case. A simple E vs. I test doesn't describe which functions are extroverted or introverted. If the test uses Fe as their criteria for feeling, then someone who relies on Fi can be sorted into the thinking realm. In addition, we aren't just 100% of one side; we execute them to various degrees and at separate energy costs. It's a matter of where those preferences arrange themselves in a natural environment that determines who we are.

ESFP? ISTJ? Hmmmm, it's unlikely. You seem to have a great obsession with your vision of how things should be. A sensor would prefer to live in the moment.

Te (or Fe) also makes a person appear more sensing because of their heighten recognition of reality.

PS: Excuse any repetition of the prior posts. I skimmed this thread. :alttongue:

Yes! This makes complete sense to me, actually. Sure, all of the functions can be used, but they drain me sometimes (like Fe when I teach). I love classes where I can be more imaginative, have great discussions and debates, etc. Sometimes I have to be like a psychologist, and I can just feeeeeeel the energy flow away from me to the other person. It's rewarding, fulfilling, but draining.

I'm a very balanced person in terms of functions, which makes it hard to analyze. At the end of the day, I think Ne rules though, especially in my free time. Fi provides my moral foundation. Te provides the framework so that I'm not all over the place. Si really has a supporting function that crops up at unexpected times or when I need it (e.g. for a test), in which it can be quite effective.

Te moments do come rather frequently, which is good. Think of it like this:

Ne is the architectural plan and overall vision of the house.
Fi provides a solid foundation.
Te provides the framework.
Si are the little details.

:D So I think you're right. Although some claim that cognitive functions are useless or even misleading, I think they provide a great deal more insight into a very balanced person like me. :)

Thank you for your input - I do appreciate it! :)

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You seem to me like an ENFJ.

I'm just curious - what makes you think I'm an ENFJ? I'd like to hear your opinion.

lmao, who voted ISTJ?

No idea, but I was pretty interested as to why someone thought that way and never got a response...so I pretty much discarded the idea as a joke or a random guess.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn, you know - I've been reading this other thread on INFP and ENFP, and it's been making me think I might be INFP...what do you guys think???

(And I read this thing about Fi child and Ne child, and it seemed like everything matched minus a couple of points on each side lol - how can that be???)

I also had a dream where I had a conversation with a group of people and we were trying to convince each other whether or not I was an ENFP or INFP...kind of freaked me out to see this then after I dreamt that....

Chloe

(And I read this thing about Fi child and Ne child, and it seemed like everything matched minus a couple of points on each side lol - how can that be???.

I also matched Fi child and Ne child - Ne child 100% and Fi child like 40% -part about being emotional.... I guess auxiliary function is shown very early in some kids.
I guess there is very little difference between ENFP and INFPs, but at the same time - vibe is pretty different, so maybe general rules "don't like to be alone" bla bla... can't be applied always, but just that vibe thing could.
Like people say ENFPs write in different style than INFPs. Don't know. :blush:

as for you, i don't know you so can't tell :shock:

S

Sniffles

I agree that ENFPs and INFPs are very similar, judging from my own experience. The differences are very subtle, and I really can only explain it as INFPs being more "introverted" than ENFPs - and all that entails.

Concerning you LL, I've never once wavered in my belief that you're ENFP. You just have that particular vibe for you.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Perhaps I should tell you how I was as a kid before I really thought about this kind of stuff and how I should be - maybe that will help.

Ne Child traits

1. They have a lot of energy. (It was average).
2. They're curious about everything, and seem to be always asking "Why?" (HELLZ YEAH - Why (answer) Why (answer) Why (answer) Why (BECAUSE I SAID SOOOOOOOOOO) lol
3. They have lots of ideas and love to talk about them (but I did not have a lot of friends, so I talked with IMAGINARY friends or HISTORICAL figures lol)
4. They always have several projects going on. (Um, I did not think of them as projects then, but yeah)
5. They want to be original and interesting (Definitely)
6. I DON'T want to lead - I just want to do my own thing.
7. They're very social (Yeah, which was hard, because I had no friends).
8. They're very independent, and want to do things for themselves (YEAH - I always wanted to be an adult, even when I was six LOL)
9. They want to be the center of attention (Yeah, wanting and getting are two things - so I was really perfectionistic TO get attention lol)
10. They probably tend to be dramatic, and enjoy acting or performing (YEAH)
11. They're outspoken and energetic, and may interrupt frequently, or finish people's sentences for them (That used to piss people off)

Se child (ESFP?)

They want to do everything in a BIG way (um, it depends)
They have LOTS of energy (well, average)
They love the outdoors (yes, sometimes, but actually you had to pull me away from books and acting dramatic scenes in my room)
They love animals (DEFINITELY)
They love to participate in sports and other physical activities (YUCK!!!!)
They're extremely aware of their environment (Um, no!)
They have a strong aesthetic appreciation for beauty (average)
They need to be constantly busy, and usually have several projects going on (this is true)
They are usually artistic (Hmm, no)
They love to be the center of attention (Yes, that's true)
They're very practical and grounded in reality (DEFINITELY NOTTTTTTT)

Si Child

Quiet and thoughtful (yes, this is true)
Very practical and realistic (HELLZ NO)
They need stability and routine (Yes, this is true, otherwise I'd be a total dipshit)
May be very private - rarely sharing their feelings and thoughts (Yes, true)
They want to know the rules, and expect everyone to follow them (Nope, just me)
They are unsettled by change (Sometimes)
They're constantly seeking information about things (Definitely TRUE)
Cautious and reserved about meeting new people (Um, sometimes)
Don't like to be the center of attention (Not really true)
They are very selective and choosy (Depends)
They're very aware and protective of their bodies (Hmm, no)
They're extremely literal (Depends)
Seem older than they are (SOOOO TRUE)
Usually good with money (Um, not really)
Conservative and traditional (DEFINITELY)
Have strong opinions about things, and don't like to compromise (Sometimes)
They are neat and clean (Not really)
They enjoy participating in sports and team activities (NO WAY)

Ni Child

They have vivid imaginations (OHHHH Yeahhhh)
They're curious about everything, and are always asking "Why?" (ALWAYS)
They enjoy spending time one-on-one with others, rather than in large groups (This is true, or alone was better)
They're often off in their own world, and have a dreamlike quality (Heh, heh)
They enjoy art and music (Yes, at 13 I would sit on Saturday afternoons and listen to the Met on radio and record it)
They love books, and especially enjoy fiction (YES)
They're likely to hang back and watch before participating in a social situation (True)
They're intensely private, and don't always share their thought and feelings (Um, sometimes)
They like structure and are unsettled by chaos or unplanned events (Yes, sometimes)
They prefer sports that focus on individual performance rather than team sports (IF AT ALL)
They are perfectionists (HELLZ YEAH)
They're serious and intense (Definitely!!!)
They often seem older than they are, and may have older friends (OH MY, yes, I could only get along with adults and had very few friends)
They are original and independent, and value their uniqueness (YES)
They're not overly concerned with grades, but they want to completely understand a subject that interests them (Not true, I was OBSESSED with doing well and getting good grades)

Fi Child

1. Very idealistic (Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhh)
2. Take things seriously and personally (Too much)
3. Quiet and gentle (eh, not so much LOL Except when I wanted to get praised for being a good girl, like in school)
4. Extremely sensitive (Yeah)
5. Shy and reserved with strangers (I had my one-hour analysis session where I sussed up the person to see how crazy I could be with them)
6. Enjoy reading (OH DEFINITELY)
7. Service-oriented, they want to please others (YES!)
8. They love animals and small babies (ANIMALS!!!!!!! Small babies - no! I was scared of them and DEFINITELY did not want to have any!!!)
9. Likely to be messy and unstructured (Messy, yes - unstructured, no)
10. They need lots of love and affection (Yep, I was a royal PAIN IN THE ...)

Fe Child

Friendly and outgoing (Sometimes, but usually got negative feedback)
Very sensitive and in tune with others' feelings (Sometimes)
They become very upset by conflict (YES)
Upbeat and enthusiastic (USUALLY)
They are perfectionists, and can be very hard on themselves (YES)
Enjoy people, and need a lot of interaction with others (Yes, but did not get it)
Dislike being alone (Not true)
They love to please people, and may go to great lengths for their approval (Sometimes)
Big talkers (Sometimes)
Show a desire to take care of others (Eh, sometimes, depends)
They usually need a lot of physical affection (Sometimes)
Enjoy being the center of attention (YES)
Thrive on praise, and can be crushed by criticism (YES)
Active and energetic (Sometimes)
They usually enjoy school (YES)
They're independent and want to do things for themselves (YES)
They prefer to lead rather than follow (Eh, no, just leave me alone and let me do my own shit)
They are decisive and authoritative (Um...? Not really)

Te Child

Strongly opinionated and self-confident, they think that they're always right (Heh, heh - yes, opinionated)
Strong-willed and independent (YES)
Intelligent and capable (YES)
They're curious about everything, and are always asking "Why?" (YES)
Energetic and enthusiastic (YES)
Active and interested in physical sports (ewwwwwww, no)
Unusually powerful and authoritative presence for a child (Um, not really)
They're friendly and enjoy people (Yes, usually)
They prize competence and knowledge (DEFINITELY)
Very honest and direct (Um, yes, I would say so)
Often unaware and uninterested in how others feel (not really)
They make decisions quickly and with authority (Um, no not really)
They may seem older than they are (YES)
They are very competitive (HELLZ YEAH - that is one reason I was obsessed with grades. Others competed with sports, and I with grades)
Independent and self-sufficient, they prefer to lead than follow (Yes)

Ti Child
Logical and objective (NO)
Tend to be adventurous, and enjoy taking physical risks (NO)
They're original and value their uniqueness (YES)
They're highly independent, and don't like being told what to do (YES)
They have no interest in controlling or leading others, or telling them what to do (YES)
Quiet and serious (YES, quite often, but not always)
Honest and direct (YES)
They're very observant (Um, sometimes, but I missed a lot of stuff)
Curious and interested in learning new things (YES)
Quick to learn new things (YES)
Not overly affectionate or demonstrative of their love (No, not really)
They enjoy books (YES)
They have a tendency to be loners, and may have one or two friends, rather than lots of acquaintances (YES but not by choice)
They're very easy-going and undemanding (UM, not really)
Often prefer to work alone rather than in groups (YES)
They want to be good at things that interest them, and they apply their own standards rather than trying to impress anyone else (NO DEFINITELY NOT)
They get bored easily (Heh, no, I was too imaginative and dreamy for that)
They value precision in communication, and are irritated by exaggerations and half-truths (HAHAHAHA; nooooo I was probably the one who pissed these people off)