• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP, INTJ, INFP, or INFJ

Charizmatic

Dilemma of the day people!

So amongst all of this confusion - there is one thing I've definately figured out - I'm an N (thats strong). Depending on my mood, E and I differ, though I'm defo more an I ( need a lot of time alone when stressed, love to read, like close friends). Generally I'm a logical thinker and rely on experience to lead my direction, but I also believe in beauty and spirit and movies make me cry.

I guess, I'm just babbling and would love to tell you more so that you guys could help me out a little here.

If nobody is interested, I should take this opportunity to say I LOVE THIS BOARD. :hug:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
we don't have enough info to say anything about you.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why don't you describe yourself in detail?

I'll be honest....just in that short post I get an "INFP" vibe :D. Your way of writing is very INFP (which is how I finalized myself as one....the writing style was so familiar). And yes, we can still be logical!!! :yes:

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
i know what's going on here:) You just wanted to say how much you loved this board. Pretty clever you are. You are an ENFJ.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read the title and thought "INFP in denial".

I read your post and thought "INFP in denial".

Post more about what you're like to get a more accurate judgment.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, if you like this board so much then why did you made only 13 posts in the last 20 months?

Charizmatic

i know what's going on here:) You just wanted to say how much you loved this board. Pretty clever you are. You are an ENFJ.
LOL. I do love that classification. Fab.

Antosocial one: I'm a lurker. Thats the reason I dont write very much on this board.

Okay a couple of points about me:

- Complete analyzer. I concoct theories about people the first time I meet them. I do however give them the benefit of the doubt. I also put together theories about actions of people, dependent on my experience. However these theories are generally about people rather than systems.
- When I was younger I came across as very reserved to people, but now I am much more open. I can however put my guard up and down depending on the person. People who dont know me too well, generally would describe me as gentle and sweet - much more spirited and vocal when they know me.
- I'm a psychologist by nature (I majored in psych), but then decided that I didnt want to become a "psychologist" and practice mental health, then I went (almost aimlessly) to one of the most expensive schools in the country and did a business masters. Saying all of this however, I did have a wide picture in my mind of how I wanted things to be.... I'm just starting to have doubts about how realistic they are.
- Since entering the world of work, I've gathered experience in many ddifferent fields, and am not really satisfied with anything. Part of me thinks I am going to have to "try" everything before I really settle. (I know, that sounds crazy to me too).
- I change my mind a lot, and tend not to commit too soon, but when I'm determined to do something I put things into complete practice and get what I want almost everytime.
- Extremely ambitious
- I spend a lot of time doing escapist activities. internet/ movies/ books. its what relaxes me.
-I am extremely honest with myself and my own flaws. I can be very honest and frank with people that are close to me. Hoever I have found that this can irk some people, so I have been working on doing less of this!
- My extravert personality is a bit of a chameleon. I find that almost unknowingly I take on other peoples habits or reactions to things - something else I have to be careful about because I feel like it doesnt reflect who I am.
- I have a tendency to stick up for the underdog.
-I can push people I'm close to very hard.
- I love writing and want to publish something someday.
- More than anything I value integrity and honesty - but also the ability to be smart and streetwise.
- I love debate and probably analyze way too much, but I guess thats why we're on this site!

BlackCat - curious to know why I think I'm an INFP in denial? I'm more than willing to accept if I am one.

Thanks for your help guys. Let me know if you need anything else!

VagrantFarce

- Complete analyzer. I concoct theories about people the first time I meet them. I do however give them the benefit of the doubt. I also put together theories about actions of people, dependent on my experience. However these theories are generally about people rather than systems.
- When I was younger I came across as very reserved to people, but now I am much more open. I can however put my guard up and down depending on the person. People who dont know me too well, generally would describe me as gentle and sweet - much more spirited and vocal when they know me.
- I'm a psychologist by nature (I majored in psych), but then decided that I didnt want to become a "psychologist" and practice mental health, then I went (almost aimlessly) to one of the most expensive schools in the country and did a business masters. Saying all of this however, I did have a wide picture in my mind of how I wanted things to be.... I'm just starting to have doubts about how realistic they are.
- Since entering the world of work, I've gathered experience in many ddifferent fields, and am not really satisfied with anything. Part of me thinks I am going to have to "try" everything before I really settle. (I know, that sounds crazy to me too).
- I change my mind a lot, and tend not to commit too soon, but when I'm determined to do something I put things into complete practice and get what I want almost everytime.
- Extremely ambitious
- I spend a lot of time doing escapist activities. internet/ movies/ books. its what relaxes me.
-I am extremely honest with myself and my own flaws. I can be very honest and frank with people that are close to me. Hoever I have found that this can irk some people, so I have been working on doing less of this!
- My extravert personality is a bit of a chameleon. I find that almost unknowingly I take on other peoples habits or reactions to things - something else I have to be careful about because I feel like it doesnt reflect who I am.
- I love debate and probably analyze way too much, but I guess thats why we're on this site!

I'd go with INTP

Charizmatic

I would agree, but arent INTPs meant to be good at math, engineering etc? This is where i FAIL

VagrantFarce

I would agree, but arent INTPs meant to be good at math, engineering etc? This is where i FAIL

Not really, I suck at math as well. Just one of those silly stereotypes. :) INTPs are natural analysts, but they're not omniscient; an INTP will only be good at math if they have an interest in it.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper

Not at all. We're attracted to systems, general principles, objective analysis, etc. Doesn't mean we're great at math. MBTI doesn't really say much about aptitude, just preference for certain things.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't see being a chameleon as something especially INTP-ish. The most chameleon-like person I know is my mother, who's an INFP. I think it has to do with the fact that she's a Nine on the Enneagram, Nine being a type that tends to take on others' characteristics and blend in. If you're a Nine as well, that may fully explain why you're a chameleon. That you describe yourself as the type to stand up for an underdog is another thing that makes me question the idea you're an INTP. In my experience, INTPs have very little sympathy for underdogs and are far more inclined to side with the group that the underdog stands apart from. This probably has to do with their preference for Fe over Fi.

Charizmatic

hmmm.

Plan a schedule ahead and tend to follow it • Very good at keeping own promises and appointments • Do not like to leave unanswered questions • Do not like to change own decisions • Easily follow established rules and guidelines • Often struggle to find a steady balance between own physical and spiritual self

This is very, very me. Except for following established guidelines ( i question those a lot)

I do feel like I am an INFJ. Although, I dont think I am as "nice" as they are percieved to be.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You say you're "extremely ambitious." What exactly do you mean?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
LOL. I do love that classification. Fab.

Antosocial one: I'm a lurker. Thats the reason I dont write very much on this board.

Okay a couple of points about me:

- Extremely ambitious
- I have a tendency to stick up for the underdog.
-I can push people I'm close to very hard.
- I love writing and want to publish something someday.
- More than anything I value integrity and honesty - but also the ability to be smart and streetwise.

BlackCat - curious to know why I think I'm an INFP in denial? I'm more than willing to accept if I am one.

Thanks for your help guys. Let me know if you need anything else!

This information sounds almost completely INFP to me. The "picking up of others' habits" I see in people with strong Fi, which is responsible for wanting to "be who you are". And your "escapist activities," as well as ditching psych for something completely unrelated is very INFP-like. INFPs often feel like their current situation is not good enough, and they need to leave all their money behind and go live in Haiti for a month.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Antisocial one: I'm a lurker. Thats the reason I dont write very much on this board.

Well I was thinking that it is something like this.
But less then 1 a month is still quite low.
I am not accusing you for something. (Just to be clear)

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I think you might be an INFP. My second guess would be INTP.

klpi

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
I'll be honest....just in that short post I get an "INFP" vibe :D. Your way of writing is very INFP (which is how I finalized myself as one....the writing style was so familiar).
This is what i thought when i read your opening message, very infp. The information you provided doesn't scream otherwise, either - quite the contrary.
Also, i don't think this would be too unusual from an infp:
Well, if you like this board so much then why did you made only 13 posts in the last 20 months?