• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

EXTJ bro

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Once upon a time, I conspired to type my brothers, I introduced one of them to MBTI, he turned out to be ESFP (although he tested a whole variety of other types). The ESFP thought it would be a good idea to try to work out the other brother's type, eventually we came to the conclusion of ISTJ, read it, and it kind of fitted him. I realized just recently after talking to him about his band and how he gets his energy... turns out that he's an extrovert :shock:

How do I know whether he's an S or an N?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
S - practical, detail-oriented, focuses on the present, more structured, look for facts, etc.

N - imaginative, innovative, interested in future possibilities, more abstract, theoretical, etc.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S - practical, detail-oriented, focuses on the present, more structured, look for facts, etc.

N - imaginative, innovative, interested in future possibilities, more abstract, theoretical, etc.

Judging by his creativity, I would probably lean towards N, but sensors can be imaginative, innovative and theoretical right? What are some of the main differences between an ENTJ and an ESTJ specifically?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
hmm... maybe I should actually describe him...

well... I have limited information, but anyway:
- has an aggressive taste in music
- uses techno to get ideas for beats when creating music
- very funny, we entertain each other quite a fair bit
- doesn't seem to care so much about what others think of him
- He can be quite aggressive, but he knows where to vent that aggression
- He's a bit rebellious towards rules, he'd probably rather make them than follow others

What kind of things do I really need to list/look out for to work out which side he falls on the S/N axis?

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ESTJ humor is frequently centered around something or someone being off center or behaving abnormally.

His humor is often quite random, In particular, he enjoys yelling out random words to make people laugh. I don't quite know if he does the above...

What is ENTJ humor usually like?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess, maybe around his colleagues. Thing is, he think he's funny but he's not at all. The humor he uses is not funny imo.

... but what humor does he try to use?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
from what you've given us here, i'd be inclined to think that he is S. also because you seem to want him to be N. the entire band thing as well as the rebellion makes me think SP, but that's about as far as it goes. i don't think there's any N, albeit you probably wouldn't be the first one to mix up the differences between SP and N.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
from what you've given us here, i'd be inclined to think that he is S. also because you seem to want him to be N. the entire band thing as well as the rebellion makes me think SP, but that's about as far as it goes. i don't think there's any N, albeit you probably wouldn't be the first one to mix up the differences between SP and N.

You're right, I want him to be an N, because then I'd have some idea of what ENTJs are like irl :D. I'm certain that he is a J, just recently, he cleaned up my room, because he couldn't work in those conditions (but he was having friends over too, so maybe there was a hidden motive). I'm certain that he uses Te as well. He tends to control the entire band, he knows where it's going, he makes all the riffs. I'm certain that he's not an SP.

I complied a few traits from the profiles:

ENTJ
-marshall and direct
-makes plans
-converts plans to reality
-larger than life
-decisive
-assigns roles to others
-goal orientation
-high confidence in their ability
-intimidating
-hasty
-controlling

ESTJ
-thrive on order
-organizes people
-supervision
-content to enforce the rules
-joiners
-service
-not interested in subjects they see no use for
-organize and run activities

He seems to have more ENTJ qualities, but most of the non-bolded traits, I'm not completely sure if he participates in. But I don't think this has much validity, ESTJ probably shares most of those traits.

Also, the difference between him playing guitar and me, is that he values a more 'clean' sound. He makes sure that the notes he plays don't interfere with each other, such that he plays in a more precise manner.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
You're right, I want him to be an N, because then I'd have some idea of what ENTJs are like irl :D. I'm certain that he is a J, just recently, he cleaned up my room, because he couldn't work in those conditions (but he was having friends over too, so maybe there was a hidden motive). I'm certain that he uses Te as well. He tends to control the entire band, he knows where it's going, he makes all the riffs. I'm certain that he's not an SP.

I complied a few traits from the profiles:

ENTJ
-marshall and direct
-makes plans
-converts plans to reality
-larger than life
-decisive
-assigns roles to others
-goal orientation
-high confidence in their ability
-intimidating
-hasty
-controlling

ESTJ
-thrive on order
-organizes people
-supervision
-content to enforce the rules
-joiners
-service
-not interested in subjects they see no use for
-organize and run activities

He seems to have more ENTJ qualities, but most of the non-bolded traits, I'm not completely sure if he participates in. But I don't think this has much validity, ESTJ probably shares most of those traits.

Also, the difference between him playing guitar and me, is that he values a more 'clean' sound. He makes sure that the notes he plays don't interfere with each other, such that he plays in a more precise manner.

try looking at ESTP. just because he cleaned up your room by no means says he is a J. in addition, i reckon very few ENTJs would be in bands, seeing as they would consider it a "waste of time". what are your grounds for him using Te? from what you tell i see none.

if you really think he is using Te, then he may very well be ESFP, where Te is tertiary (and may be strong).

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Just list all the qualities you can for him, go crazy, talk about as much as you can about him. I want to decide based on all that.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just list all the qualities you can for him, go crazy, talk about as much as you can about him. I want to decide based on all that.

no probs.
-was once not particularly talkative, I remember an ESFP telling me that he wouldn't talk much to her.
-when he tells me stories about stuff that he's done, he can be rather enthusiastic about it, it's usually about other people doing really stupid things
-He thrives on the 'adrenalin rush' from playing music (perhaps he is an SP :shock:)
-He seems to have good control over his sleep patterns
-He seems logical, kind of pragmatic i think
-He enjoys BMX, and seems to be a bit of a mechanic
-When fishing, he was keen to use a known method to catch a known fish
-He has no trouble with school learning wise, but can often get into trouble
-His grades were excellent until his interests changed a bit, his friends probably influenced him to not care so much
-When he comes home from a party/concert, he often seems somewhat distant
-Sometimes he is dragged along to outings
-he can often get into an over the top kind of hyperactive mood when encouraged a bit too much, and maybe also when drinking
-He is observant, grounded
-He picks on Fs :D
-encourages people to improve in a 'knowing what's best for them' way

I'm thinking ISTP now... :smile:

Chloe

Once upon a time, I conspired to type my brothers, I introduced one of them to MBTI, he turned out to be ESFP (although he tested a whole variety of other types). The ESFP thought it would be a good idea to try to work out the other brother's type, eventually we came to the conclusion of ISTJ, read it, and it kind of fitted him. I realized just recently after talking to him about his band and how he gets his energy... turns out that he's an extrovert :shock:

How do I know whether he's an S or an N?

off topic: how did you type yourself ENFJ now? :D

for now you've been all types :D whats left? :D

p.s. your title say "EXTJ" and you say ISTP? :D Dude, you are really confused by now. :D hehe :p

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
off topic: how did you type yourself ENFJ now? :D

for now you've been all types :D whats left? :D

p.s. your title say "EXTJ" and you say ISTP? :D Dude, you are really confused by now. :D hehe :p

:laugh: and you use too many grinny emotes :p

The trick is -I'm not ENFJ! it's a hoax made to entertain me. Remember the thread that dictates my type? there's a link to it that nobody notices in my signature ;). I wouldn't consider myself confused, I'm merely confusing to others

Well, EXTJ seemed right at the time, I'm a P remember :D. ISTP actually quite much fits what I've written above.

PS: My Pness is huge, I can't actually solidify that I'm an ENTP, I figure if I well and truly eliminate all of the other types, I'll be much more certain of my own type. ENFP, INTP, ENFJ (I'm apparantly too "dicky" to be an ENFJ :laugh:), INFP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
no probs.
-was once not particularly talkative, I remember an ESFP telling me that he wouldn't talk much to her.
-when he tells me stories about stuff that he's done, he can be rather enthusiastic about it, it's usually about other people doing really stupid things
-He thrives on the 'adrenalin rush' from playing music (perhaps he is an SP :shock:)
-He seems to have good control over his sleep patterns
-He seems logical, kind of pragmatic i think
-He enjoys BMX, and seems to be a bit of a mechanic
-When fishing, he was keen to use a known method to catch a known fish
-He has no trouble with school learning wise, but can often get into trouble
-His grades were excellent until his interests changed a bit, his friends probably influenced him to not care so much
-When he comes home from a party/concert, he often seems somewhat distant
-Sometimes he is dragged along to outings
-he can often get into an over the top kind of hyperactive mood when encouraged a bit too much, and maybe also when drinking
-He is observant, grounded
-He picks on Fs :D
-encourages people to improve in a 'knowing what's best for them' way

He sounds like an I and S. Doesn't sound extroverted from that description. Also seems T. Sounds like an ISTP.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought he was ISTJ until I noticed that he doesn't quite fit the description right, I just assumed it would be the I or S that's not right. I suspect that I'm associating J with S or something.