• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type these peeps

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. A guy I went to school with:

He is very earnest & is eager to be of use. He takes responsibility VERY seriously (almost comically so) & is very devoted to his duties. He seems concerned with doing things by the book. He likes to help people.

He is very friendly & polite. He made it a point to introduce himself to me when I was new. Always says hello & asks how you are.

Sometimes I catch this look on his face, like he is frustrated about something, or feeling down about himself.

He is not a good public speaker. His speech is littered with "um" and "like" and he sometimes misuses words. He speaks very passionately & heartfelt though.
In conversation, he has to make a lot of effort to speak linearly. He can hardly get a coherent sentence out. He's one of those people who changes direction half way through a sentence. He will run on & on awkwardly to make a very small point; doesn't know how to be succinct or how to end a statement.

I cannot tell if he is introverted or extroverted. He does not seem shy though. I saw him once at a party and he left early to go study; there weren't many of his friends there & I think he felt left out. However, he seems to spend a lot of social time with friends he knows well. I am leaning towards E.

Sometimes he dresses quite sharp, and other times he will wear something kind of odd, especially in his color choice.

2. My aunt: (long...sorry)

I can't figure her out....

She usually dresses very plain, either preppy (like 80s yuppie) or a slight hippy look (long flowered skirts). Strangely though, she can be kind of a brand snob & loves to shop. She rarely wears makeup and as a child her parents had to fight with her to comb her hair. When she fixes up she can look really pretty though, and has good taste. She's had the same bob hairdo for 20 years.

Her home is very plain & she dislikes clutter. She cooks very bland food.

My family used to call her car a trash can on wheels because it was always full of junk. Her home is clean though.

She strongly values intelligence and intellectual things. My grandma says all the guys she liked as a teen were nerds & she was in love with their "brains".

She is very good at math and science, and says she doesn't have a creative bone in her body. She says she is better at "refining existing systems" than coming up with them. She works as an accountant or something like that (I call it a Chandler job - no one remembers exactly what it is because it's so boring. She likes it).

She enjoys reading a lot and rarely watches TV. She reads everything from novels to books on theories related to her interests. She likes to listen to news radio in her car & not music. I can't think of anything she likes to do that is hands-on....it's all mental stimulation.

She is kind of a hippy...an agriculture major in college, very into the environment, health and animal rights. She can be extreme in her views & behavior. She is extremely opinionated & likes to push her views on others.
She was raised religious and now has an intolerance for it that borders on scary & that is extremely irrational. I think she votes with the green party, and she is generally into politics.

She is horribly hypocritical & inconsistent with her beliefs. For instance, she was boycotting a fast food restaurant because of their lack of ethics (or whatever), but then she'd drive through sometimes when she was tired & it was convenient. She also went vegetarian & then vegan, but then quit when she started getting fat from it (too much carbs I guess).

She can be very mean & say awful things, but don't you say them to her; she gets very sensitive & lashes out then. You never know just what will set her off. She never apologizes & will hold a grudge for a long time. She can also be two-faced and play both sides of an argument with whoever she is talking to.

She has a very quick sense of humor, and can be the life of the party & get quite loud (but not in that ESFP center of attention way). She likes smart, quiet people with surprisingly good sense of humors. I suspect her husband is an INTJ. She says he's just along for the ride with her, as she's the stronger personality. She has this way of making everything seem fun & mischievous, even if you're just running to the store with her. At concerts she'll run to the front & dance, and she doesn't embarrass easily. When she does get embarrassed, she turns it into self-deprecating humor & takes delight in telling everyone what happened.

She is not shy. She can approach strangers & initiate conversations just fine. However, she has few close friends, especially female friends.
She will be openly rude to people & thinks it is hilarious (sometimes it is! :D). If someone cuts in front of her or gets in her way she will loudly call them a "fat cow" to their face. She likes to make loud, mean comments for people to purposely overhear.

She used to say she never wanted children, but had one and is now obsessively attached to him and slightly controlling. She admits she is not affectionate and has little need for it. She doesn't show much emotion except for when she gets mean & lashes out. When something upsets her a lot (like the death of a family member), she blocks it out & refuses to speak of it.

Despite all this, she can be quite likable.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
1. sounds like an ENFJ that I know.
2. ExTJ

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I already did! And I stand by my answers ;)

---------

I suspected #1 was an ISFJ, but sometimes he seems very extroverted. However, now that my ISFJ mom has grown out of her shyness, she can be quite loud & involved socially with people. I'm not sure I see ENFJ?

My aunt just seems too weird to be an xSTJ. I could see ENTJ except for her feeling that she is better at refining than creating. I personally do not see this in her life though (being detail-oriented), but maybe on the job she is that way.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Any more suggestions?

I'll just say why I picked what I picked:

Person 1 - I concluded he's ISFJ because of the following points:
- takes responsibility seriously, devoted to duty (usually SJ)
- concerned with doing things by the book (usually SJ)
- helpful, friendly & polite, asks how you are, speaks passionately & heartfelt (usually F)
- left the party early, wanted to study more than party, felt left out, didn't want to talk to the new people (usually IS_J)

Person 2 - Long, but I'll just say she sounds _STJ, more like ESTJ.

Can you post in this thread - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type/17301-more-people-type.html

Thanks.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
2nd sounds like ENFJ

1st sounds like maybe ISTJ you described him pretty rude though

klpi

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
4w5
#1 reminds me of an enfj i know as well. Judging from your description, isfj might be plausible as well, however, the isfjs i know tend to speak very articulately and with clarity. One told me that she won't open her mouth until she has formed the sentence fully in her head.
He's clearly Fe, though, so he might very well be isfj.

I'm not sure about #2. extj?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
#1 reminds me of an enfj i know as well. Judging from your description, isfj might be plausible as well, however, the isfjs i know tend to speak very articulately and with clarity. One told me that she won't open her mouth until she has formed the sentence fully in her head.
He's clearly Fe, though, so he might very well be isfj.

I'm not sure about #2. extj?

This is true....my ISFJ mother is very, very articulate. This guy is not at all. Although he is very nice & friendly, and I don't doubt he is smart.

I think my aunt is a T. She gets riled up, but otherwise I think T. T's can get riled up too :D

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Bump.

I'm still not sure what my aunt is. I'm not totally convinced she is an S or a J, but I'd like to hear other's reasons why she may be.
Even though she says she is not creative, she definitely walks to the beat of her own drummer. I suppose I think of STJs as more "normal".
Once I told my mom how I dislike small talk & chatting about people's lives & everyday stuff, and that I prefer talking about ideas & concepts, and she said she understood because my aunt is the same way. Of course, that made me think my aunt is intuitive....