• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP V.S. INTJ

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Ok, so I took one of the tests and got INTP, it fit, my girlfriend thought it was funny how well it fit, and I took another test. INTJ. And another one, INTP, so on and so forth.

I know another INTJ, and I am not really anything like her, at all, and she is the epitomy of INTJ, and honestly I am not.
The difference seems to me is the after reviewing the test seems to be just two questions, both about whether or not I plan ahead or improvise.
I wasn't exactly sure to be honest.

I plan for big things, like my walk across America, but only for my equipment, I dont have a set place I am going or path I will take.

I plan, just REALLY fast, I take in the data about something, and then the next second I make up my mind. Is that planning or improv?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thats INTP planning from the sounds of it.
God question is how much you revised for school tests. INTJ seem to work quite hard whereras INTP just go on talent.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
Thats INTP planning from the sounds of it.
God question is how much you revised for school tests. INTJ seem to work quite hard whereras INTP just go on talent.

Haha, yeah. I would wait until the last minute (literally 15 minutes)then pull a project out of my butt and get a B.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
INTP then, if you were an INTJ you'd have gotten an A. :newwink:

Actually the lack of itinerary for your trip indicates more flexibility and less of a preference to have things decided so based only on that, you are INTP. Of course basing your type on one question or situation is fraught with peril. Do a cognitive process test.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
With the constant flip-flop, I'd say your J/P preference is about balanced and you waffle between the two depending on the situation. I do this. Sometimes I'm very 'P' in that nothing gets done and I'll just sit and think and think and think for no apparent purpose other than I want to think. Other times I'll be all over something like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm! The J comes out when I need to accomplish something or am under a deadline, and tends to be the (slighly) more frequent habit.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Note: You shouldn't just look at one example of any MBTI scale...thingy? (wtf is wrong with me) and base stereotypes on it.

I have an INTP friend who is sort of similar to I am, but he's a really unhealthy INTP, so there are quite a lot of differences between us.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
Yeah What Blank said - Don't decide this by looking at "J-ness vs. P-ness", that's not the way to do it. It's about which COHESIVE profile fits you better - your girl says INTP fits better, right? start looking at all the intp profiles you can find, then INTJs. the answser should materialize for you

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
INTJs devise a system that they can use to get something done. INTPs just figure shit out. This is grossly oversimplified, but I find it to be true for the majority of the behaviors of the majority of these types that I have observed/read about.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
So are we saying this:

INTP - lazier, more prone to ingenuity.

INTJ - more hard-working to achieve success.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So are we saying this:

INTP - lazier, more prone to ingenuity.

INTJ - more hard-working to achieve success.

But that's not necessarily true.

I'm lazy as all hell, and I'm most certainly not an INTP.

therationaledge

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
8w7
With the constant flip-flop, I'd say your J/P preference is about balanced and you waffle between the two depending on the situation. I do this. Sometimes I'm very 'P' in that nothing gets done and I'll just sit and think and think and think for no apparent purpose other than I want to think. Other times I'll be all over something like white on rice on a paper plate in a snow storm! The J comes out when I need to accomplish something or am under a deadline, and tends to be the (slighly) more frequent habit.

My process is I think I want to know about something, then I research the hell out of it online, then after I feel like I've read enough...i break out the needle and thread and learn to suture, or how to build a survival stove out of a can. Or whatnot. Then I obsess over it until it is learnt ( I spent 6 hours and stayed up all night sucking at suturing, then it clicked after a certain suture, i didnt even wonder if it had been a fluke. I packed the stuff up and went to the bed, and can suture like a fiend...btw if anyone is wondering its for field first aid) and then I put it in storage and find somethign else to master.

That is, in between bouts of doing nothing lol.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
As a J, I rarely think in terms of 'skills' and 'mastery' and more in terms of projects. If I need something for a project, I'll look it up and figure it out, but really I'm going for a finished product.