• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What enneagram type am I?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
What type am I? When I've taken tests, I come out with these results, fairly evenly too:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know you all that well, but 1w9 seems to be a pretty common ISTJ enneagram type. Have you looked into that?

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't know you all that well, but 1w9 seems to be a pretty common ISTJ enneagram type. Have you looked into that?

err what? 1 is ETJ, 9 is ENP. where exactly do you see I? 8 sounds like a reasonable choice, as does 6.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm really not sure where you're getting that data Sentura, just from being on here I've seen ISJs score 1w9, a lot of ENXPs are type 7's on here, and a lot of ETJs are type 8's.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I'm really not sure where you're getting that data Sentura, just from being on here I've seen ISJs score 1w9, a lot of ENXPs are type 7's on here, and a lot of ETJs are type 8's.

i'm just reading the descriptions, never mind the data. it just seems highly unlike for ISTJs to score extrovert traits. the entire "correct the behavior before it becomes punishable" doesn't sound very Si to me.

also i would reckon ISTJs as some of the last people to be "warm, understanding and caring". just my 2 cents.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hmm... 1w9... I haven't looked into that, but based on the descriptions of the Enneagram, I really don't seem to be very much like a type 9. I identify most with 1, 3, 5, and 6.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Hmm... 1w9... I haven't looked into that, but based on the descriptions of the Enneagram, I really don't seem to be very much like a type 9. I identify most with 1, 3, 5, and 6.

maybe 6w1 then or 6w3? it seem reasonably plausible, although i'm not sure whether it says in the rules that you cannot have those wings as a 6...

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
maybe 6w1 then or 6w3? it seem reasonably plausible, although i'm not sure whether it says in the rules that you cannot have those wings as a 6...

Don't the Enneagram wings have to be a type that's next to the number? I don't know if I'm an Enneagram 6 though... still trying to figure it out, because all 4 of them describe me fairly well.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
Don't the Enneagram wings have to be a type that's next to the number? I don't know if I'm an Enneagram 6 though... still trying to figure it out, because all 4 of them describe me fairly well.

it could just be then that the enneagram doesn't have the dimension to describe your type. i'm split between 1, 4, 5 and 9 too. i just went with whatever it suggested for me though. i don't consider it a big deal.

juggernaut

Permabanned

I'm an 8w7 with 5 and something for the other stuff. It's in that Enneagram poll thread in the NT forum somewhere.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I've narrowed it down to Type 1 vs. Type 5. I am one of these types!

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
because 5 is NT.

I don't think any enneagram type is limited to applying to only one or a few MBTI types. It's varies, enneagram types don't really directly correlate to MBTI types. The knowledge part may not be accurate for the type 5 but the introversion part is.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I don't think any enneagram type is limited to applying to only one or a few MBTI types. It's varies, enneagram types don't really directly correlate to MBTI types. The knowledge part may not be accurate for the type 5 but the introversion part is.

it isn't necessarily. however, looking through the description of 5, with it's virtue and holy idea; there is no grain of S in it.

i'm not saying the descriptions can be trusted, but why even bother taking the test if you don't trust the results?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
it isn't necessarily. however, looking through the description of 5, with it's virtue and holy idea; there is no grain of S in it.

Not true at all, many ISxx's can be type 5.

3a71e.jpg

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
like i said, then i doubt you're as much S as you think.

I've read about MBTI, I've taken tests, I've critiqued myself, I know I'm S and I know how much S I am. The result I get from all these tests is almost always ISTJ (with an occasional ISTP thrown in there). The description of the S appeals more to me than that of the N. My highest cognitive function is Introverted Sensing. The idea that you think Type 5 is N related is incorrect. You say "there is no grain of S in" Type 5 Enneagram testing, but where do you get that from? There isn't anything in the Type 5 description that's S/N related. Again, MBTI and Enneagram tests are two DIFFERENT things.