• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What enneagram type am I?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So from those new test results, what do you think of 5w6 for yourself?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Well, I think that Type 5 is my Enneagram, I don't know if I even have a wing. What's the difference between a straight up Type 5 and a 5w6?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I think that Type 5 is my Enneagram, I don't know if I even have a wing. What's the difference between a straight up Type 5 and a 5w6?

A type 5 will just have 5 traits, a type 5w6 will have the 5 traits along with some of the 6 traits.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I do have some 6 traits, so that would make me 5w6.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I've read about MBTI, I've taken tests, I've critiqued myself, I know I'm S and I know how much S I am. The result I get from all these tests is almost always ISTJ (with an occasional ISTP thrown in there). The description of the S appeals more to me than that of the N. My highest cognitive function is Introverted Sensing. The idea that you think Type 5 is N related is incorrect. You say "there is no grain of S in" Type 5 Enneagram testing, but where do you get that from? There isn't anything in the Type 5 description that's S/N related. Again, MBTI and Enneagram tests are two DIFFERENT things.

i know they are different things, but that doesn't mean there can be no correlation between them, does it?

i get it from the description, because it's a description of some of Ni and some of Ti. if you're really ISTJ, then your dominant ability is Si. it would seem much more plausible that you're either understating your N, or that you aren't as J as you think.

...if either theory is to believed anyway. i hold my distance from the enneagram because i don't believe it to be correct in typing.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
i know they are different things, but that doesn't mean there can be no correlation between them, does it?

i get it from the description, because it's a description of some of Ni and some of Ti. if you're really ISTJ, then your dominant ability is Si. it would seem much more plausible that you're either understating your N, or that you aren't as J as you think.

I've previously had the whole conflict between my J vs. my P levels, and it came out relatively close. So yeah, I don't have as much J as the general ISTJ, but at the same time, the order of my cognitive functions don't line up like the typical ISTJ. However, Si is still as high as it gets for me.

Awesome, sounds like you're a 5w6. :yes:

Yeap. :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
I've previously had the whole conflict between my J vs. my P levels, and it came out relatively close. So yeah, I don't have as much J as the general ISTJ, but at the same time, the order of my cognitive functions don't line up like the typical ISTJ. However, Si is still as high as it gets for me.

so you're saying your Si isn't dominant?