• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Please help type these humans

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Person #1
- Fun guy, likes to joke around a lot. Has a sort of sarcastic and scary humor (like if he's watching sports, he'll say he hopes this team that he doesn't like dies on a plane, but he's kidding around... I hope). Likes to crack jokes, can be a little shy. Not the hardest worker in the world, likes to have fun rather than work or get something done, but can get things done. Does things on his own a lot, went overseas to Europe this past winter... on his own, and had a great time. Has a lot of friends, but none of them are real close. Seemingly not very sentimental. Likes to follow sports, and seems pretty competitive.

Person #2
- She is extremely quiet until she knows you very well or she's been around others for a long time. Quite shy, and does not have any leadership traits whatsoever. Very immature for her age (26), and sometimes it seems like she wants extra attention. Sometimes she'll constantly be obsessed with the same idea which she thinks is funny yet others (including me) know is stupid. Somewhat complicated of a person but yet she's simple. Thinks mostly about the past and future (she becomes nostalgic about past moments, yet she'll always look forward to future times if they involve something interesting, yet doesn't talk as much about the here and now). Gets scared and upset easily, not very energetic. Has impeccable posture and handwriting. She's also very obedient, kind, and sentimental to family. Hates horror movies because they're scary, doesn't like thrills, loves disney movies and kids movies because they have 'happy endings'. :sick:

Person #3
- My grandpa: He is one of the nicest people I know. Very intelligent, and incredibly curious. He says there's not enough time in life to go learn all that he wants to know. He lives alone, and likes it that way. He does like to be helped, but it seems he prefers to be alone. LOVES to read. Likes educational programming/books, not just random fanfare. Appreciates talent in others, and will comment on it. Very generous, doesn't worry about how much something will cost, if it means the happiness of a loved one. Not the most practical person in the world. Loves to learn about how things work and analyzes things well. He won't speak his mind all the time, and he's very courteous and kind... almost to a fault.

Person #4:
- This guy I can not seem to type, and it's bugging me. He seems to like being around other people, and usually jokes around and is pretty much a people-person. He's intelligent, plays the guitar, loves rock-climbing, and has often gotten hurt (once pretty seriously) while rock-climbing. He's a true 'nice guy', and is the brunt of many (friendly) jokes, but he tolerates it. He is very focused and diligent when he needs to be, and can succeed. Is discreet, has many friends, a great conversationalist, pretty outgoing, and seems to have fun while at the same time doing very well in school. Plays quite a few sports.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1. ExTP...sense of humor says N to me though.
2. ISFJ
3. INFJ
4. ESTP

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
1. E?TP
2. ISFJ
3. I???
4. ISFP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Thanks so far. Hmm... why do you guys think Person #3 is INFJ? Also why is Person #1 E? I thought Person #2 was ISFJ as I was writing that too, I think it does make sense.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My reasoning:

1. I think he is an extrovert because he has many friends, but none are close. Introverts usually have only a few friends, but they are very close, and they possibly have a few friendly acquaintances that they don't really consider "friends".

I know you say he is shy, but shyness is an anxiety & not always a sign of introversion. He may be an introvert, but the way you describe him sounds very "open" to me, and so my overall impression was extrovert.
I suppose I should ask, when he does things alone & has fun, does he keep to himself or is he meeting new people & making more shallow friendships?

3. The fact he prefers being alone indicates an introvert to me. The love of learning, curiosity, analyzing, and interest in educational/programming books sounds N to me, and very INxx in general. The generosity, kindness, appreciation of others' talents & being courteous to a fault sounds like F, particularly strong Fe, meaning he must be a J & not P. Fi is not so open & selfless. Impracticality cements the NF. So now we add it up & get INFJ.

The fact that he is hard to type and his description does not yell a type out at you instantly kind of makes me think INFJ too. INFJs are somewhat elusive to type :p.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
what orangeappled said, it is exactly how i know people. plus, the going alone on a journey across the atlantic as an introvert? i don't think so, they would have brought a close friend. extroverts don't need to bring a friend for this. i know first hand.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Oh I see. Yeah, then I guess person #1 is ExTP, leaning towards ENTP at this point.

Person #2, I have concluded is ISFJ.

Person #3 - I'm leaning toward INFx, can't figure out the last letter, leaning towards INFP. Isn't Fe used to share common values with those around you? Fi people can still be very courteous and kind.

Person #4 - He's extroverted, I'm pretty sure. I mean maybe there's a small possibility that he's introverted, but if he is he would be ISFP. I'm really thinking he's ESFP though. He's intelligent.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
intelligence != intuition

!= means DOES NOT EQUAL

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
intelligence != intuition

!= means DOES NOT EQUAL

I know, I didn't say it did. In fact I'm implying the opposite. I do think Person #4 is intelligent, and I think he's an ESFP. Actually I think he's ESFx, still can't really figure it out.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Thanks so far. Hmm... why do you guys think Person #3 is INFJ? Also why is Person #1 E? I thought Person #2 was ISFJ as I was writing that too, I think it does make sense.

Person 3 sounds like an INTP with well developed Fe. Can't image he enjoys living alone. Introverts need a place to escape to every now and again. Sometimes that need to escape keeps them locked away for an extended period of time.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
1. ESTP

2. ISFJ

3. INFJ

4. ENTP

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Just as I suspected, I'm getting answers all over the place for Person #4.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
Well I'm going to go against the grain here and say ESFJ for friend number 4. I'll try to break down my reasoning such as it is.

Strong presence of extraverted feeling:

true nice guy
tolerates being the brunt of many jokes (anecdotally, my ESFJ brother is quite often the brunt of jokes)
pretty much a people-person
outgoing conversationalist

Evidence of being SJ:
an extrovert who does very well in school
plays quite a few sports
focused and diligent
intelligent
discreet

Evidence of extroversion:
many friends
social, outgoing, people-person

As for the getting hurt frequently, my brother gets hurt playing sports and at his workplace all the time. I don't know anyone else quite like this, and I've known a lot of guys. He's also into rock-climbing.

Your friend seems to have a sensitivity and social intelligence at the forefront that denotes a preference for Feeling.

ESFP is also a possibility. I am not sure about tolerating being the brunt of jokes. ESFPs can be a sensitive lot due to that introverted feeling. But he could be ESFP. It's just that the ESFPs are more intent on becoming the center of attention somehow, even when they aren't consciously aware of it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Well I'm going to go against the grain here and say ESFJ for friend number 4. I'll try to break down my reasoning such as it is.

Strong presence of extraverted feeling:

true nice guy
tolerates being the brunt of many jokes (anecdotally, my ESFJ brother is quite often the brunt of jokes)
pretty much a people-person
outgoing conversationalist

Evidence of being SJ:
an extrovert who does very well in school
plays quite a few sports
focused and diligent
intelligent
discreet

Evidence of extroversion:
many friends
social, outgoing, people-person

As for the getting hurt frequently, my brother gets hurt playing sports and at his workplace all the time. I don't know anyone else quite like this, and I've known a lot of guys. He's also into rock-climbing.

Your friend seems to have a sensitivity and social intelligence at the forefront that denotes a preference for Feeling.

ESFP is also a possibility. I am not sure about tolerating being the brunt of jokes. ESFPs can be a sensitive lot due to that introverted feeling. But he could be ESFP. It's just that the ESFPs are more intent on becoming the center of attention somehow, even when they aren't consciously aware of it.

Hmm... yes, thanks, I could definitely see ESFJ as a possibility. I defintely think he's an E and an F. He sounds more like an ESFJ than ESFP actually.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
1- entp
2-ixfx
3-isfj
4-istp

I don't think 2 is an INFJ, she seems exactly like someone I know, but really can't quite type properly, and she's probably ISFP.

4 is exactly like my brother from that other thread :D, and I just read that profile, it fits quite nicely. ESFP sounds horribly wrong to me, and ISXXs tend to seem rather extroverted

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
1- entp
2-ixfx
3-isfj
4-istp

I don't think 2 is an INFJ, she seems exactly like someone I know, but really can't quite type properly, and she's probably ISFP.

4 is exactly like my brother from that other thread :D, and I just read that profile, it fits quite nicely. ESFP sounds horribly wrong to me, and ISXXs tend to seem rather extroverted

I can't see #4 being an IxTx. I don't know, the guy is super-nice. Is the dude you know like this? Person #4 just seems extroverted too, the only introverted type I could see him as is ISFP, nothing else. But I think he's ESFx.