• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

help me type this guy...

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
...and by this guy i mean me.

after going through the cognitive processes test, i felt it was time to take this from another angle, since i'm apparently as shifting as water in a falling bottle.

so i leave it to you; to see if you can hit closer to home than any online test can do. i'll answer any relevant questions truthfully. oh, and would it be too much to ask for a description as a supplement to your choice of type?

my own description:

i spend much time on looking into things that grab my interest. i like to create theories to be proved or disproved. psychology and the concept of the mind interest me immensely, and i am currently trying to research how layered thinking may work. i usually put even important things aside when i see that i can work on an idea or a breakthrough in one of my interests.

i like to be creative; i spend much time drawing, modeling, designing and writing. i usually get a "rush" of passion that i exploit to create something directly from my imagination. whenever i do this, i seem to get motivated by what i have created to keep going; but even if not motivated, i am inclined to finish off the piece for the sake of finishing it off.

whenever i'm not at home, i spend time socializing with other people. i study software development at at university, where i also work in the student bar. i am usually outgoing; i have many acquaintances, but few friends. i have a very high standard of whom i would consider a friend; because to me, a friend is a person you can share your thoughts with and create something extraordinary. whenever i spend time with a friend, it's not unlikely our ping-pong discussions lead us to a conclusion of a theory about something that has recently surfaced in the news or in other, deeper contexts. after prolonged exposure to people, however, i need to be alone.

i really like technology, learning about inner workings and subtle mechanics, and i love to tinker with new gadgets. whenever i get a hold of a new device, i take a look at the potential of its functions before creating my own (not necessarily legit) ways of exploiting it to make it do what i want it to do. whenever i see a system of things, i can't help but try to analyze how it works and if there would be ways you could use/exploit it to an advantage. for the systems i create, i spend much time on improving them. this goes for my art as well.

i travel a lot. i get despondent if i stay at home for prolonged periods of time. i need to go, to move, wander; to see how things change, and get inspired by said changes. once every 1 or 2 years, whenever i save up enough money, i go someplace new i haven't been before for a prolonged time. when i do this, i travel alone; because the way that i travel involves risks that i would not put on people. i might have a slight idea or overview of where i'm going, but never more than that. i keep every option free to divert from the given road and go somewhere new and exciting. to this date, i have seen the pacific from both sides, i have gone spelunking in the siberian no man's land and been surrounded by deserts and salt flats while still having seen what most of europe looks like. [/brag]

i excel at languages, even when i'm not particularly interested in them. i can quickly decipher body language and other ways of creating semantics that other people may not pick up. i'm attentive to how people react and usually adapt my reaction to theirs. i can always relate to someone, and sometimes it seems i have an aura of charisma about myself. i have been accused of using NLP before i ever heard of the term. i rarely empathize with people, because my moral and ethics are pretty much non-existent. to me, something unlawful may be justified by the way it is done, by who it was done to or by who did it. i sometimes get into a state of zen-like trance where i don't notice things around me. people often view me as a sort of monk or trickster, depending on which side they see of me.

i think that pretty much sums up me as a person. if i can think of anything else, i'll add it.

Last edited:

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
in before the move!!!

You seem more introverted, actually. No guess as to rest!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why don't you describe yourself?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well you sound like an interesting person! :cheese:

I'm going to guess xNTP. I cannot tell if you're an introvert or extrovert. You seem to enjoy alone time & socializing, but which really energizes you?

EDIT: Oh I see you currently consider yourself ENxP. Well I say ENTP then. You don't seem as interested in feelings and people as an ENFP.

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
the E/I thing has been on my mind a lot lately. i get energy from being alone, but i don't have any problems talking or socializing with people i don't know. i even sometimes try to motivate people to create a gathering or some other special event.

about feeling: it seems i am able to care deeply for a person or a group of people if the necessary requirements are filled in my mind. whenever i see something that is unjust (such as in news on tv or otherwise), i get angry and disappointed; sort of like a father would get angry at his children. i stopped watching news on tv because i don't want my blood pressure to explode. in life, i act like i don't care; because the moment i look up and see what's going on, i will be filled with the same rage. when the shit hits the fan however, i am always quick to jump to the side of whomever is being treated unfairly. injustice is perhaps the one thing i cannot ever tolerate.

keep in mind that draw a thick line between unlawful and unjust. laws to me are completely arbitrary, whereas injustice is something that is created in context.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
ENTP

That last paragraph doesn't sound very ENFPish. The rest could have easily been the words of either. Specially considering you probably have high Ti either way (like me).

You should probably talk some more about your interactions with other people to get a better picture. Because likes and dislikes aren't really the way to go.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the E/I thing has been on my mind a lot lately. i get energy from being alone, but i don't have any problems talking or socializing with people i don't know. i even sometimes try to motivate people to create a gathering or some other special event.

about feeling: it seems i am able to care deeply for a person or a group of people if the necessary requirements are filled in my mind. whenever i see something that is unjust (such as in news on tv or otherwise), i get angry and disappointed; sort of like a father would get angry at his children. i stopped watching news on tv because i don't want my blood pressure to explode. in life, i act like i don't care; because the moment i look up and see what's going on, i will be filled with the same rage. when the shit hits the fan however, i am always quick to jump to the side of whomever is being treated unfairly. injustice is perhaps the one thing i cannot ever tolerate.

keep in mind that draw a thick line between unlawful and unjust. laws to me are completely arbitrary, whereas injustice is something that is created in context.

I don't know you, so just going off these posts....
I am sure you can care deeply, but the way you express yourself on emotional matters seems less personally involved. Injustice angers you, and you make it a point to clarify the concept, but there's no personal story there. I'd think an NF would probably talk a lot more about their feelings about things in their own life and relationships with others, especially an NF with Fi. Instead, you're talking about injustice in humanity as a whole. I don't want to say it is detached, cuz it's not, but it's just doesn't say "Fi".