• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I need some help figuring out my type

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, i'm very sorry for all the threads i have created (i don't know if i can delete them, but if there's too many the mods can remove them)

I would just like somebody to type me (reading descriptions doesn't work because i relate to most of them, tests doesn't work because i get a different result every time, as if i am constantly lying to myself)

The only certain thing is I... Here's my introduction post(modified a little), it's not a lot, but if there's a subject you want to know more about, feel free to ask

I don't have alot of friends in general, and when i'm speaking to other people(as in strangers) they are usually the ones who initiate the conversation. I always get very nervous when i have to present an assignment to my class or simply when i have to speak if there are many people around that i don't know. I don't know anybody who really understands me, and i don't have any close friends. Besides me, my family consists of my mother (ESFJ) who is very loving and tries to understand me, but is having great difficulty doing so. My older sister(4 years older,ESTJ) who i don't understand at all, we are like night and day basically. My father is xxTx, can't get closer than that(as he refuses to test himself).

I don't like when people i don't know look at me, especially if they are in groups. I automatically always assume that it has something to do with me. If i go shopping it is usually in a big place where i can walk around without anybody noticing or talking to me (i may venture into unknown territory, but only if i have somebody that i know well with me). I also struggle with everyday stuff like answering the phone if i don't know exactly who is calling.

I'm pretty average looking i guess, but i have never had a girlfriend, even if it is the one thing in the world that i want the most. I find it very difficult to flirt(i can't.. basically) or simply speak with girls that i like alot, mostly because of my insane fear of rejection (and criticism). I always expect the worst of things and people, then i wont get disappointed.

I don't go to any parties without having someone i know really well with me, and even then i often end up leaving early. I do sometimes go alone though, hoping that i can overcome my difficulties but it always fails. Ironically, i feel most lonely when i'm standing alone at a party in the middle of all these people and observing how they are enjoying themselves.

wolfy

awsm
You come across as ISFP. Just my overall feeling from the way you post.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You come across as ISFP. Just my overall feeling from the way you post.

yeah okay, but then i look at the posts of people like jeffster, and i dont think he's anything like me :shock:

not to mention all the statements about the ISFP that i can't relate to at all

deleted
To me you seem to be somewhere in the INXP region. Strong I, Weak N, Weak F/T, Strong P, to be precise.

InfP to be brief.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
My conclusions match those of others in the thread, although I guess I'll try to give some of my reasoning.

I find it difficult to figure out your type based on the description due to your social anxiety and possible depression (expecting the worst in order to avoid disappointment). Social anxiety and depression are not exclusive to any type.

Based on interaction style, I could narrow it down to four possibilities out of the eight introverted types.

On the directing/informing axis, you're probably informing which would make you ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, or INTP. Your need to control the outcome of interactions ("insane" fear of rejection, struggle before answering the phone if you don't know who it is, worries about how you look and come across) are all just a few indications of a "Behind the Scenes" interaction style (with a liberal dose of social anxiety). Behind the Scenes is focused on controlling interactions (as opposed to moving interactions along). Those four types all share the BtS interaction style.

Your entire introduction is heavily relationship-centered. Your relationships (and lack thereof) are the focal point. This is a strong indicator of a preference for Feeling, in my opinion. Which leaves ISFP, INFP, and ISFJ. I would lean away from SJ temperament because, according to Dr. Linda Berens, "the relationships they foster are based on bonds within a group." SJs are also fatalistic, which means they are willing to accept things the way they are, not trying to change things. Your repeated attempts to "overcome difficulties" by going to parties alone is not something I usually associate with ISFJs (whom I know and love well), but I could be wrong.

Which leaves INFP and ISFP. Everything you say in your introduction could fit either one I suppose. The difference between how these types approach relationships is that SPs are fraternal, seeking equals (friends who are like brothers and sisters, buds, pals) and NFs seek empathic, authentic relationships.

My best friend is an SFP, and when she talks about our friendship she sees me as someone great to talk to, with unique insights, and most significantly as a sister who is down for whatever. With her, there is an emphasis on camaraderie. When I think of our relationship, I see her as a fundamentally good soul who I can empathize with and understand on a deep level. I don't really think of her as a sister or a fraternal equal, and the thought of our camaraderie doesn't really make my soul quiver. Now I understand you don't feel you have any close friendships at the moment, but which type of relationship would you be more likely to seek, if you could?

Another thing is INFPs are usually more verbal than ISFPs. Even if you're not talking to a close friend or girlfriend (yet), INFPs are writing their thoughts, talking to themselves, etc. I don't know if you do any of that (keep a journal, blog, diary). It's like we have to keep track of our identity in a way. Identity and meaning are the prevailing themes with NFs in general.

Hope any of that helps.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
To me you seem to be somewhere in the INXP region. Strong I, Weak N, Weak F/T, Strong P, to be precise.

InfP to be brief.

Interesting... would you care to elaborate a bit please :)

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IxFP

Definitely a lot of introverted feeling going on here.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My conclusions match those of others in the thread, although I guess I'll try to give some of my reasoning.

I find it difficult to figure out your type based on the description due to your social anxiety and possible depression (expecting the worst in order to avoid disappointment). Social anxiety and depression are not exclusive to any type.

Based on interaction style, I could narrow it down to four possibilities out of the eight introverted types.

On the directing/informing axis, you're probably informing which would make you ISFP, INFP, ISFJ, or INTP. Your need to control the outcome of interactions ("insane" fear of rejection, struggle before answering the phone if you don't know who it is, worries about how you look and come across) are all just a few indications of a "Behind the Scenes" interaction style (with a liberal dose of social anxiety). Behind the Scenes is focused on controlling interactions (as opposed to moving interactions along). Those four types all share the BtS interaction style.

Your entire introduction is heavily relationship-centered. Your relationships (and lack thereof) are the focal point. This is a strong indicator of a preference for Feeling, in my opinion. Which leaves ISFP, INFP, and ISFJ. I would lean away from SJ temperament because, according to Dr. Linda Berens, "the relationships they foster are based on bonds within a group." SJs are also fatalistic, which means they are willing to accept things the way they are, not trying to change things. Your repeated attempts to "overcome difficulties" by going to parties alone is not something I usually associate with ISFJs (whom I know and love well), but I could be wrong.

Which leaves INFP and ISFP. Everything you say in your introduction could fit either one I suppose. The difference between how these types approach relationships is that SPs are fraternal, seeking equals (friends who are like brothers and sisters, buds, pals) and NFs seek empathic, authentic relationships.

My best friend is an SFP, and when she talks about our friendship she sees me as someone great to talk to, with unique insights, and most significantly as a sister who is down for whatever. With her, there is an emphasis on camaraderie. When I think of our relationship, I see her as a fundamentally good soul who I can empathize with and understand on a deep level. I don't really think of her as a sister or a fraternal equal, and the thought of our camaraderie doesn't really make my soul quiver. Now I understand you don't feel you have any close friendships at the moment, but which type of relationship would you be more likely to seek, if you could?

Another thing is INFPs are usually more verbal than ISFPs. Even if you're not talking to a close friend or girlfriend (yet), INFPs are writing their thoughts, talking to themselves, etc. I don't know if you do any of that (keep a journal, blog, diary). It's like we have to keep track of our identity in a way. Identity and meaning are the prevailing themes with NFs in general.

Hope any of that helps.

That really helps, thanks alot :)

one thing though, the "repeated attempts at overcoming by going to a party alone" is not something that i do that often anymore. We are talking maybe once or twice a year now.

As for the relationships, to be honest i have no clue. I wish i knew myself better. Perhaps you could disguise or simplify the choice a bit?

I don't write stuff down (like a journal or diary), but i guess you could fit the MBTI thing under the wanting to keep track of identity (i might be wrong though, please correct me then :p). Seriously though, wanting to find out my type isn't just a one week thing so i can show off to everybody, this is the most important thing to me right now, not a simple afterthought.

edit: and you are spot on regarding directing vs. informing

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I've thought about the relationship thing a bit, and i've come to the conclusion that superficial relation/friendships mean nothing to me at all. What i really want, is somebody who understands me.

I have known alot of people from school that probably considers me their "friend", even though it doesn't really work the other way. I have also had a tendency of severing the ties with these people once i had to go to a new school. This probably makes me sound like a horrible person, but i don't really think there's anything i can do about it.

This would probably also happen with the people closest to me (parents and sister), if i wasn't related to them.

anyway, i hope this helps :wacko:

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
infx. you don't let much out about what you do when you're alone, or what thoughts your mind spins. this makes it hard to decipher your mentality (s/n), but judging from that your family can't understand you, i think i'm confident in thinking that you may be n. your actions at a party sound somewhat like those of an INFJ friend i have, but less refined. i think your identity crisis definitely shrouds some of your personality from yourself, ironically.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Crazy thing is whenever I come across this thread, I happen to be listening to Clint Mansell's "Requiem for a Dream" (and the OP's name is Requeim). Anyway, I do detect quite a bit of Fi type values going on. And since you're introverted, I'm going to guess IxFP. Don't know enough about you though.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
infx. you don't let much out about what you do when you're alone, or what thoughts your mind spins. this makes it hard to decipher your mentality (s/n), but judging from that your family can't understand you, i think i'm confident in thinking that you may be n. your actions at a party sound somewhat like those of an INFJ friend i have, but less refined. i think your identity crisis definitely shrouds some of your personality from yourself, ironically.

what i do when i'm alone? Gaming, listen to music, read about mbti, watch a movie or two, sleep, maybe do a bit of homework(although i prefer to keep the school stuff in school and do what i feel like at home)

i think your identity crisis definitely shrouds some of your personality from yourself, ironically.

yeah, that's what i thought :doh:

@TheChosenOne: tell me what you want to know :)

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
what i do when i'm alone? Gaming, listen to music, read about mbti, watch a movie or two, sleep, maybe do a bit of homework(although i prefer to keep the school stuff in school and do what i feel like at home)

are you interested in your thoughts? do you think excessively about things that are not present or not really influencing your life? do you thoughts wander off?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
are you interested in your thoughts? do you think excessively about things that are not present or not really influencing your life? do you thoughts wander off?

yeah, sometimes i guess... But it must happen on a subconscious level, because i can't really remember a specific situation where it has happened (and my memory is usually great)

That probably didn't help, but it was kind of a hard question ;)

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
According to Jack Flak's theories, if you're female, you're probably ISFP.
If you're a guy, you're probably ISTJ.
Apparently those are the two that repeatedly have this same difficulty.

You don't have to relate to Jeffster. He's a guy.
Female ISFPs are not like the males.

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
You sound lovely. I'm still stuck on IXFX, what are your interests?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If it's narrowed to IxFP, I'd say ISFP. I don't know if I hear Ne.

That said, I too am only convinced of IxFx.

I don't go to any parties without having someone i know really well with me, and even then i often end up leaving early. I do sometimes go alone though, hoping that i can overcome my difficulties but it always fails. Ironically, i feel most lonely when i'm standing alone at a party in the middle of all these people and observing how they are enjoying themselves.

That does sound an awful lot like
"There's a club, if you'd like to go
You could meet somebody who really loves you
So you go, and you stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home, and you cry
And you want to die"

So maybe you're an INFJ. :D

Sentura

Phoenix Incarnate
MBTI Type
ENXP
Enneagram
1w9
yeah, sometimes i guess... But it must happen on a subconscious level, because i can't really remember a specific situation where it has happened (and my memory is usually great)

That probably didn't help, but it was kind of a hard question ;)

interesting.

how artistic are you?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
yeah okay, but then i look at the posts of people like jeffster, and i dont think he's anything like me :shock:

:doh: You're not the first person to try to compare/contrast themselves to me in trying to determine type, so I guess I should be flattered, but it's probably not a very good way to go about it. ;)

I am curious what leads you to say that I'm nothing like you, though.