• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type do you think I am?

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
To myself I am clearly an INFP, however since I am so balanced with all of my preferences (borderline on them), am in touch with my Te (and use it a good bit), and I tie three ways with ennegram 5, 8, and 9 it makes me appear to be a different type. The type I get a lot is INTP. So from seeing my posting, advice, etc, what type do you think I am and why?

You would really have to get to know me to realize how obvious of an INFP I am, other people may see through the NeTe face I usually have. The NeTe face is used for me when dealing with impersonal affairs, when something gets personal I swap over to Fi. That's just coming from introspection.

Fire away. :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's interesting to me blackcat because i have an intp friend that frequently tests infp...but...he's clearly an intp with good fi just as i think you're clearly an infp with good ti.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Based on internet interactions, INFP. Just a bit more forceful than most... a common thing for an INFP that has been forced by life to 'take a stand'.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Based on internet interactions, INFP. Just a bit more forceful than most... a common thing for an INFP that has been forced by life to 'take a stand'.

Wow, that's really accurate and it makes sense.

In a lot of ways, you seem the quintessential INFP to me.

I'm interested in the reason. :D

G

garbage

INFP, yeah. I'm also definitely more in touch with Te than Fi.. gender roles abound.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You remind me of runvardh.

INFP.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Yeah, your posting style reminds me a lot of runvardh. It sort of also resembles Nolla's, when he was still posting here. Both are INFPs.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP, yeah. I'm also definitely more in touch with Te than Fi.. gender roles abound.

I feel in touch with Te, but not out of touch with Fi at all. I guess we are just oddballs. :D

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Very clearly an INFP to me. But you know my opinion already...

wolfy

awsm
You come across as an INFP to me. Life experience has taught you to use and value logic. You feel INFP.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
People...for realz?

He's clearly an ESTJ, like me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
The type that claims that simple things are complex.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really don't see why INFP can't or shouldn't fit. I hope you enjoy hearing the same old boring thing... Well, I guess I could liven things up... YOU ARE AN ISTJ, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO BE ONE... And now that I say that I realize I need more sleep so I can cage my inner ENFP.

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
INf of some sort....INfP, INfJ, INFX all seem possible for you

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP.

Since feeling is introverted, it's not uncommon for an INFP come off as cool & detached & be mistaken for a thinking type. Although I don't get cool & detached from you necessarily, but Fi is obviously guarded.

Also, I've noticed some over-simplified MBTI tests write the questions which are supposed to determine T/F in a way that favors Fe over Fi. It also doesn't take into account Fi's values...such as a Fi who values what seems logical to them over being "nice" to people. For example, I've seen a test ask, "Do you think it is better to think with your heart or your head?". It doesn't ask how you think, it asks what you think is better. I think it's better to think with your head, and I view my thought process as my head, so I choose head. Then I test INTP! If I was asked whether logic or feelings color my thoughts, then I'd choose feelings.

So basically, if you have Fi and Te, then you may end up answering the question as a T, and then your results get screwed up.