• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP or ENFP? ANOTHER confused person :)

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
I've been looking through the different preferences, trying to figure out if I'm Fe or Fi, Ne or Ni etc. I have pretty much concluded that Ne and Fi are my two most dominant preferences, but I'm not sure which is the most dominant. I'm very shy, to the point where I think it's an actual psychological dysfunction. I identify very strongly with the description of Avoidant Personality Disorder. This has got me thinking about whether I'm really as introverted as I've always assumed, leading me to wonder about INFP/ENFP. I definitely need time alone but when I ask myself what recharges and exhilarates me, the answers tend to be focussed on things outside me, even if it's just outside ideas. I've been writing about myself recently, trying to clarify these questions. I'm cutting and pasting some of what I've been writing and I'll probably post more later but I'm in a hurry at the moment and want to get this out right now. These are things that I think define me, that make me different from other people so I think they are probably what will lead me to figure out which preferences are more dominant in me. If anyone has any ideas about whether Fi or Ne is my dominant, or what preferences might be operating in the other aspects of my personality, it would be much appreciated. Parts of this are rambling, or repetitive, or maybe contradictory. But they are the thoughts I was thinking at the time so might actually be better at showing what I've been feeling than if I had it all organised and figured out. Here comes the cut and paste:

I like to have a plan that I have decided on myself. I like to know how I am going to go about achieving whatever I am trying to achieve. I don't like rules and obligations that are imposed on me. I will tolerate and understand the need for obligations that are more emotional/social, eg helping a friend who is having problems or taking responsibility for the environment because I care enough that it overrides my dislike for restrictions. Also simple, not too restrictive rules or guidelines are okay as long as they make things easier and allow for freedom and expression to be encouraged. I can't tolerate obligations like the need to buy a house and get married and be normal and not put your elbows on the table and not offend anyone. It makes me angry when I am expected to be a certain way for the comfort of others, at the expense of my own happiness and fulfillment.
I love to entertain the possibilities and what ifs. I want to believe and hope. I am frustrated and personally offended by red tape. I feel like they exist just to piss me off. My long term goals are definitely decided for more emotional reasons. My short term goals can be more practical although they tend to tie in with the long term.
I am loyal and don't like the thought that people I care about might do bad things. I tend to idealise people.
I am very casual and not comfortable in structured "officey" situations. I am not professional and don't want to be in situations where I am not acceptable as I am. I don't want others to feel they aren't able to be themselves. I feel the urge to be others safe place, a person who will encourage and accept them. I want to give people what they need to grow and live.
I tend to be nervous and awkward and worry that something will go wrong and I won't know how to deal with the situation. I worry I'm forgetting something when I leave the house, even though I've made mental lists and checked them off over and over. This can make me seem organised, because I like to have a plan, and a plan B, C, D and E. I like to have lots of information and ideas and possible plans, so that I will be able to improvise. BUT I don't want to be stuck in a plan or decision, I need to feel I can change my mind.
I believe in taking the road less travelled and living wild dreams and ideals. But I'm aware of the restrictions that exist, although I view them as speedbumps, not roadblocks. Practical things need to be taken into consideration. I love ideas that take an ideal and give it a practical application, like "No Sweat", a shoe company that make imitation Converse sneakers without using sweatshops, or Taylor and Koo, a fashion label that donate all their profits to Cambodian orphanages. Restaurants with a "pay what you want" policy. It makes our dreams real.
I am very emotional but I have difficulty expressing my emotions and opening up to people, although I want to. I sometimes feel uncaring because I don't want to be intimately involved in other people's lives. I care about them, want them to have happy, fulfilling lives, and I want . I like being around people, hearing their thoughts and feelings, learning about them, learning who they are and appreciating them, but I find it difficult to interact with people. I find it hard to have a conversation. I'd rather listen to them talk about their feelings and what they are feeling in their life right now, what lessons they've learnt and where they are going, than sit around talking about makeup and gossiping. I want to know them and feel who they are, not necessarily spend a lot of time with them. I enjoy sharing experiences with people. I love the big trance raves out in the bush, where there are thousands of people all together, all experiencing the same moment, and sharing the same soul. I love what connects us all.
The things I find most recharging are stimulating but solitary. Playing music or going to a nightclub and dancing alone for hours. Hallucinogenic drugs. Lying in nature and feeling the earth. Being near people I care about but not interacting directly with them.
I find it hard to get organised and be prepared in a practical sense like getting forms filled out and sent off, so I tend to put things like that off.
I crave my boundaries being pushed. I want to be shocked into new ways of thinking. I want my walls to be broken down.
I like things to be clean, with a good atmosphere, but am fairly untidy and don't mind feeding the dog off the floor and stuff like that.
I wouldn't consider myself inventive, but I am imaginative. My experiences and observations are coloured by imagination. But I'm not a great ideas person. I don't have amazing ideas just occur to me. I tend to get my creative ideas through association. Something will remind me of something else, then something else and I find a way to merge the ideas into something new.

When something is imposed on me I like to know exactly what is expected of me and exactly what will happen. Recently I got a new job as a liftie at a ski resort and I am a little anxious to get their email detailing when the training days are and when I'll start work so that I can plan around it. I don't like to screw up, or forget something or be unprepared or find I can't do something I want to do because I've run out of time or some obligation has prevented it.
In other situations, like I'm planning on going traveling and I'm trying to figure out where to go, I will make plans and lists, then make them again, and again. I like to make lists and plans because it help me get things straight in my mind. It helps me figure out what is most important to me, what I will do if a particular change or event happens, possible courses of action. Although, really my plan of where to go is Christmas in my hometown and besides that wherever looks good at the time and I can find a place to stay and work. I have looooong lists of places I want to visit and what time of year I want to be there, and what kind of experiences I want in those places. I have made so many itineraries, all different and I don't actually plan on doing any of them. I make plans to give me ideas, to expose flaws in my thinking, to prepare me for things that could go wrong, to experience things before they become real so I am ready for when they are.
I like information because it gives me something to extrapolate from. It gives me something to wonder about. I like hearing theories on topics I'm interested in, so I can wonder about them, think about how they might work or not work, what it might mean about existence and the way the world works, how they might apply to life.
When I hear a theory that is just agreeing with something I already believe I'm not always as interested in it. Global warming for example. I don't give a shit whether the earth is warming up or cooling down, if it's man made or a natural cycle. We have to take care of the planet regardless so I'm really not interested in people's opinions on whether there is some big disaster coming. It's a disaster that we aren't living the way that we should be and treating our bodies and our planet with the respect they deserve. Any environmental changes that might occur are just extra reasons that might be the kick up the bum some people need. If we are living in harmony and awareness then we will be able to change as the world does and if climate change is man-made it will be prevented, if it's natural we will survive it, if it's not real we will be living better than we were before. My only interest in climate change is figuring out, if the oil runs out and I can't fly overseas, what continent do I want to be stuck on?

Quote from INFJ or INFP website:Informing communication:* The light is green.
Directing communication:* Go.

I would normally say, "It's green!" but I'd say it in a bossy way like, "Drive retard!!!" so I dunno, maybe I'm just an asshole. But it depends who I'm with. People I'm comfortable with I'm a bit ruder to. I often take charge in situations because I don't want to have to rely on someone else to get the job done, but I tend to say things like, "Can you get some milk?" or "We're out of milk?" Although I tend to expect them to do as I say, unless there is some reason not to. I'm not sure whether my expectation comes across though.
I find it irritating when I'm expected to make a decision on behalf of a group, or that affects more people than me, and the other people don't make their feelings and wants clear to me. I don't like having to guess what they're thinking. This could be trying to pick a movie at the cinema. It's so annoying when people say "Whatever you want to see" because I feel like I have to guess which movie both of us will enjoy, without getting any input from them. That said, I do tend to do that myself, saying I'm happy to do whatever they want. Although when I say it, I mean it, and I don't trust other people to say it and mean it. I feel like they are going to secretly resent me for making the wrong choice and it's just too much stress.
I also feel like I can be too bossy. When there is a task that needs to be performed and I want it to be done properly, I tend to take the leader role. Not so much, "Do it MY way!!" but I want to be the Approver Of Plans. I want to get the last say. And I sometimes feel like I become the self-appointed boss, even though other people might actually be a better organiser and leader, and even though the group doesn't feel as cooperative as I would like. I just cling to that role because I don't want the task to be fucked up because either nobody took charge, or I allowed a plan to go ahead that didn't seem right. And then to be responsible for not getting the job done. I feel uncomfortable with it because, if one or two people have a good idea they toss it back and forth and come up with a plan, none of the rest of us have had any input, then I say, "Yeah that sounds good, let's do that!" I feel like I have made myself the boss even though I've done nothing to help the plan. I feel like everyone would be thinking, "Why the fuck would I care whether you think it's a good idea?" I feel like I'm overstepping and trying to be more important than I am.
I think I might be more of an informer. Even when I'm being bossy, it tends to be saying things like, "How could we do this?", "That won't work because this will happen, maybe if we tried this?", "That sounds like a good idea, who wants to hold the rope?" I am taking charge and giving direction, but in a way that is more about clarifying ideas and keeping the ball rolling. I don't specifically assign a role to a person and tell them, "This is what you are going to do".
Another quote:I'll never forget the day my sister put her wine glass on the floor and a child went stumbling toward it.* My brother-in-law called out, "The wine glass is in the path of the oncoming child!"* I called out "Move your glass!"* Not that it mattered -- wine was spilled.* But how obvious a contrast between the two communication styles.

In that situation I'd probably call out, "Your glass!!!!" and point it. With a sense of urgency so they'd know they had to do something, but I guess I kinda leave it up to them to figure out what to do. On the other hand, if I have strong opinions on something someone is doing I'll say, "That's really bad for you", "You don't need to do that", "How can you think that?", "I don't think it's all HIS fault", "You should really be more careful, you might get hurt", "Don't let him make you feel bad", "Just do it, you won't ever regret it"
I guess in those cases my language isn't that strong but I definitely project the vibe that they should pay attention and follow my advice. I feel like I'm intruding in their decisions, but I don't know how else to help them other than try to warn or tell them what I think they should do. I don't always expect them to do what I say, sometimes it's more like I'm trying to give them a different point of view, or give them ideas of possible courses of action. Probably because that is what helps me when I have a problem. I like to consider possible solutions and ways of thinking or approaching the problem, and finding the one that feels right.
Quote:"But the reality is that sometimes he means one thing, and sometimes the other.* Sometimes I'll get up to go to the kitchen, and he'll stop me saying OF COURSE he didn't mean me to get him the drink, he was just mentioning how he felt. But other times he'll get annoyed because I haven't understood that he's worn out and hot, and surely I could make the little gesture of fetching him a glass of juice."
I sound like the husband in this.

I like to let my mind wander. I can enjoy repetitive tasks that I can take my time with. It's like meditation. I would get bored with it if it's ALL the time and I'm not getting any new information in my brain, but I can go quite a while just allowing myself to become blank and allowing whatever random thoughts I have to pass through my brain, be considered, and then move on. I don't really think ABOUT things when I do this. I'm not judging or examining them, just allowing them to be. I'm not intentionally focusing on anything, I just find they have become all that exists without me realising. I can get caught up in the motion or sensation I'm experiencing. I like the warm feeling of the water when I wash dishes, and the circular motion my hands make as I wash the dirt off. I used to work in a deli and I'd get lost in the sound of the slicer moving back and forth, like listening to the waves on the beach. Sometimes I have strange memories come back to me at these times. People often ask me why I'm smiling. I become very unaware of my surroundings, except for any sensation I've become lost in. I might be existing in the feeling of sun on my back, massaging me with gentle hands, or that sound you can barely hear, the air hanging and shifting, the feeling of vibration coming from the earth, or the feeling of flying in a car, of traveling through time and places and memories. It gives me peace to feel like that. What is it called? Ni? Ne? Se? I wouldn't quite say it's a dominant function, because I don't spend the majority of my time like this and do get bored with it, with not getting new ideas from it. It does give me a kind of stimulation, and a kind that is essential for peace. It's like sleep, rest. A break from my mind. A break from wondering, dreaming, hoping, planning, seeking. A break from importance, caring, needing. It's feeling, but in a way that's different, more like experiencing. I don't CARE about what I'm feeling, it just is. There's a comfort for me in that, a home. It's experiencing things for themselves, not deciding whether they are good or bad or whether they mean anything. It reminds me there is a whole world that exists and hums with life, that will continue without me, that I'm a part of and important but replaceable. I suppose this means I spend the majority of my time in Fi, too much time probably.

In making choices I find,"it's what you can bear". Important things, the big life choices, I don't consider to be decisions. The question is not what to do, but do I have the courage? It is when. Sometimes the things you have to do are painful, they can isolate you, or scare you, or hurt people you didn't want to hurt. But there is no regret. There is no other choice. It's not an excuse to hurt people or to hurt yourself, the effects of your life should be one of the most important factors in finding the right course, but some things are needed so strongly the only other option is to die. Either emotionally or physically.

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
2nd half- my post was too long for them :)

Introversion vs Extroversion
Hmmm. I sometimes wonder if I am just shy. My whole life I have spent a lot of time alone, being awkward in social situations, and particularly after 13 or 14 I became extremely withdrawn and actually avoided people. I don't like interacting with people because I don't know how to do it, basically. I don't have the skills that allow people to build relationships, or the confidence to try. But I hear so much in introvert/extrovert explanations about what INVIGORATES and ENERGIZES. I enjoy spending time alone, and have a psychological need to spend time reflecting, finding out how I feel about things, and connecting with myself and my beliefs. I need to be alone to be whole. But what invigorates me? When I ask myself that, the answers all seem to be outside. I love the tribe. I love "bushdoofs", the big hippy-raver trance festivals that last for days. I love going days without sleep, dancing in the middle of a crowd that have come together, that are sharing a moment. I love finding people that share my heart. I wondered if I might have Se preferences for a while because I love music, dancing, the dust under my feet, the sun in the air. The physical energises me, but it's more than the physical, it's my connection to the physical. In the world I see myself. I see us as one. That invigorates me. I love doing simple, physical things with my body. I like digging a hole, climbing a tree, playing chasey with a dog, I love nature. I can even get into cleaning (kinda;D). Using my body takes me out of myself and into the world. I'm not sure that would be considered a primary function, because so much of the reason I like it is the relief, the escape from myself. I spend so much time alone, and it doesn't invigorate me, it's just easier. I feel I've been imprisoned my whole life, and forgotten how to use those muscles. Being physically present is a relief, a change. Being with people DOES invigorate me, IF I am comfortable with them.
The best feeling in my life is when I really SHARE an experience with someone, where we share each other, where I share with humanity, with nature, with all of existence. When I feel my connection.
Feeling that connection gives me courage and strength. I feel like my worries about the material world are irrelevant. I believe in the rightness of things. I am willing to take risks and take a path that might seem crazy, because I trust in our differences. I trust that the world is not set in stone, there are other roads than the highways, and that I am not the first. Feeling that connection with the outside world makes everything else fall in place. Without it I am spiritually dying. Does that make me an extrovert?
Before I was tossing up between INFP/INFJ. I have concluded after reading and watching INFJ or INTJ? that I am not INFJ. Now I am thinking INFP/ENFP. I definitely have Fi as one of my top preferences. Hearing in the video the way an INFJ uses feeling cleared that up for me. Definitely strong Fi. Also the description of Ni seemed a little foreign to me. When taking these personality tests, and they ask if I like to solve problems intuitively or trust my intuition I'm never quite sure how to answer. I think that it's because they are using(or I think they are implying) the use of Ni. I don't have sudden flashes of knowing. I don't have instincts as such. I don't have ideas or premonitions or get information that is based on nothing. Or what I see as nothing. I see Ni as being a nothing. Just a random thought that popped into my head. I don't trust it or see it as "information". My kind of intuition is the reading between the lines kind. It is based on something tangible and real, but I see more than what I think an Se would see. For instance I think body language is a load of bullshit. You can't judge a person's soul by how they stand or their eye contact. If you are looking at the details, you miss what is really there. Ne, I think is seeing beyond details. Seeing what holds them together. It's seeing the elephant, not the trunk. I am intuitive in the sense that I easily see people's motives and patterns in their behaviour. I can understand what a person is feeling RIGHT NOW. I get their "vibes". I'm very into the vibes when I'm deciding whether I like a situation or a person. And it's a feeling, not a knowing. I don't meet someone and go, "They're bad news" and know that something bad will happen if they are around. I might feel a little coldness in them. I might see a lack of caring for people. I might see anger. I see the way they feel about others. I see the things they don't say and wonder why they hide it. I wonder how it affects them in other ways. I compare them to others I have known, or heard of, or imagined. This comparing process helps me figure out how I should respond. It helps me figure out what the information I am getting might mean. The same with a workplace, or a political climate. I get a lot of vague feelings about them. I see the way the parts connect, particularly where it involves relationships, people's relationships with themselves, the emotional state of a community or a person. When my sister was getting married, I didn't think they weren't going to last, I didn't predict anything, but I had my vibe that I didn't like him, he was cold and selfish and almost cruel. I noticed something vague and hard to explain. But I didn't "know" anything.
So I have concluded I have Ne and Fi as my top two. Which is my top one? If, as I'm starting to suspect, I'm actually an extrovert, that would make Ne my top one. Is that true though? What defines the two preferences? Which would I die without? It's so hard to say right now, because in a way I am dying. I have spent many years feeling suicidal, swinging back and forth. Never quite sure if I can make it, or if I want to. I can say though, that I am not happy as I am, and I have a lot of Fi in my life. The thing that I don't have enough of is people, relationships, adventure, excitement. And what excites me is these outside things. I want to share experiences with people. I want to KNOW people and I want them to know me. I want to express myself. I want to share myself. I want my energy to go outwards. I am an extrovert? I light up when I meet someone who interests me. I want to meet new people, even if I never see them again I want to connect with them. How can I have gone so long without realising this? I knew I was feeling this, but I always said,"I don't need people, I don't like relationships, I'm happier by myself", but it's not true. I'm not happier by myself. I'm choking myself so I don't speak. Caging myself so I can't run free. I'm shy but I love being with people. Aaaand I like being with people, alongside each other, sharing goals, connecting, having a community, doing things together. Buuuut not as into the talking on the phone, making chit chat type thing. "Socialising". Possibly maybe a little to do with the shyness. But I do feel like there is a difference. I like cuddling, not chatting about trivialities. I like connecting and knowing, not sharing problems. I don't get the gossipy girl thing. I want to connect in real ways. I can feel connected to someone I've just met. I don't bond through telling secrets or bitching about my life. I don't feel bonded to someone through doing things for each other. I bond through seeing a person and loving them, and I hope for them to love me back. Doing favours and telling secrets are symptoms of love, not the cause. I read descriptions for both INFP and ENFP and INFP sounds more like me, but is that just because I'm shy? When I think about how I aim to be, I'm trying to reduce my extreme shyness, I think I would be a little more like an ENFP. It's hard to tell though. But the friendliness makes me wonder. When I am comfortable, I will approach people, I want to get to know them, I want to make them feel welcome. I am actually a friendly person when I'm not scared. That was one of the reasons I was considering I might be INFJ, because they are supposed to be friendlier and like being around people more. I read that when you extravert a process, you merge it with the world. So extraverting Intuition would be finding the vague in the outside world. And isn't that what gives me most joy? Isn't that why I love hallucinogens so much? They take that vagueness and solidify it, so I really CAN see the world as I experience it. So Fi then? It is feeling/valuing turned inwards. It is deciding if I am right, if I am living right, what I believe. Do I need this? It is definitely valuable. I am always questioning it though. Is it the process of trying to find the answers, or the answers themselves? I think it must be the process. Do I need to search for answers? It makes me tired sometimes. The endless questions. But they give me a security. Who would I be without them? Could I be happy? Could I live? How would I know what I needed? Is that even the question I'm asking? I want to know which is the dominant one? Fi or Ne? I need Fi but it does not recharge me. So Ne is the dominant one?
I am quiet. Does that change anything? Even when I'm not feeling shy I'd rather listen to people talk than talk myself.

When I was young I remember writing an essay about salamanders. I loved reading about them, then organising what I'd learnt into an essay that someone else could read. My brother tore it up and I was crying for ages. What's that? I liked people to be impressed by me. Even though I was quiet and shy I had bursts of enthusiasm. I loved secret codes, making a club, I wanted to be a famous singer and make music that was emotional and beautiful. I wanted to be good at everything, and felt quite jealous when someone was better than me, especially at something I was good at. I felt the need to edit myself so people would like me. I felt like I was not what the world wanted, I come from a religious, quite judgmental and restrictive family so that might have made me worse in that regard. But I also liked to challenge people and push the boundaries. I liked to feel glamorous and "sexy", in an age appropriate way, not like these slutty 8yr olds you see nowadays. More like an old fashioned movie star, with a fur coat and high heels. I wanted to help people, partly out of feeling bad for them, partly so they'd think I was really kind or talented. I wanted to take children who had no families and were sad and take care of them, make them happy. I wanted to live on a massive property with a farm and lots of pets and animals.

I think I am "blank" in the outside world. People notice this. I don't show myself and hold back from normal things. I don't think this is to do with introversion though. It's more that I'm too scared to show myself most of the time. But when I do, it's such freedom. It makes me wonder how I've lived so long like this, hiding. I am afraid and self conscious, but when I do let loose, I don't give a damn who's watching. I actually kind of like that they might find me strange or confronting. And even though I'm so scared to show myself, when I do and someone acts like I shouldn't, I get angry they would think I should hide. Nobody should have to hide. I have a very fuck u and your mother 2 attitude to people like that, even if I don't say anything I treat it like it's their problem, not mine. I shouldn't have to censor myself to make them comfortable. I am in disbelief, that I'm 21 and I've managed to live like this for so long. But I am changing, and opening, and starting to let myself be the person I've always been inside.

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
holy.. that's a long post.

INFP

err and not just cuz the post is long, you sound like one
I's can definitely really want to connect with people, without making them extroverts

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
:D Yep it is long. I wonder how many people will actually read all of it lol
I was wondering if you, or any other INFPs out there could tell me what it's like to have Fi as your dominant. Part of the reason I'm confused about the introvert/extrovert thing is that, while I spend a lot of time in Fi mode, I don't enjoy it. I enjoy my Ne time.

Quote from Phoenix13 from another thread:
Here's a random question that may help: In emergency situations, are you immobile and indecisive or at your best? ENFPs are able to interact directly with their environments without going through a judging filter, and thus tend to be better in emergency situations requiring immediate action. INFPs are not so good at this.

I'm leaning towards the INFP on this. I'm not immobile, but I do tend to feel hesitant and make bad decisions unless it's a situation I already know how to deal with. If there was a fire in a building I'd be fine because it's pretty obvious what to do. Or once my mum was really sick and I had to call the ambulance and pack her a bag etc. That's all easy. But if some crazy person with a gun came running in I'd still be going WTF? when they started shooting.

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
Wait. You think someone who averages 14,401.5 characters per post (with spaces, not including Title) is an introvert?

lol
Do you think an INFP would have posted what is basically journal entries to an online forum for everyone to see and comment on? Even if it is anonymous?

Another weird thing I thought of is that I tend to have imaginary conversations with people in my head as a way of clarifying my vague ideas. I imagine talking to someone, usually someone who isn't real, and explaining how I feel about something, or what I learnt by going through a particular experience. I'll go through the same conversation over and over.It helps me figure out what I actually mean. Because I tend to think in "vibes" and emotions and things which don't have names. So imagining telling someone what I feel/think helps me tell myself what I feel/think. Helps me find the right words/metaphors/examples to explain it, and helps me find areas where I might be wrong about something, or where I might be lying to myself.

Can anybody see how I might be using my Te and Si functions? Or maybe what might be in one of my shadow positions? Does everyone agree I would have Ne and Fi as my top two?

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
Another Thing (I will shutup eventually)

I had one of those horrible commission fundraising jobs for a while, and I'd get sick of trying to stop people after 15 mins, and end up finding some random person who wanted to talk and spend the next 2 hours talking to them. Or going in the library and going on facebook. So I wouldn't have to work. I hated acting all fake with people in that job. They teach you to pretend to be interested in people so they will give you money. Sux.

I'm enthusiastic about things that inspire it in me, I don't bounce down the street hugging strangers and grinning like a maniac. A fun project I'm enthusiastic, boring one I'm not.

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
100% INFP.

No doubt about it.

:newwink:

Seriously though, you're freaking me out. Its like reading my internal monologue :shock:

2 things to add:

With regards to introversion/extroversion its pretty obvious you're an introvert. I'm quite a sociable INFP, even at times giving the appearance of an extrovert but would never fit into the ENFP mold (try reading the description for ENFP to decide for yourself if it fits you). And I used to be very shy and reserved and have trained myself out of it to a degree (or perhaps I should say, I've gotten better at concealing it :newwink: ). It is possible to do so, it just takes time. You have to throw yourself in the deep end occasionly to see if you can swim. Not that there's nothing wrong with shyness or introversion (which are 2 different things BTW) - its just that they're not considered particularly socially acceptable.

Secondly, here is some info regarding Fi and Ne (for a INFP - just swap them around for an ENFP). It's from the book I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just Not You:

Dominant Function - Fi
(Most aware of / most reliant on)

Reflective harmoniser
Quiet, deferent
Cares about values and people
Artistic (aesthetic)
Introspective
Unusual or unconventional thinking
Arouses liking or acceptance in people
Sensitive

Under stress may become
Irritably, touchy, suspicious or undependable

Auxiliary function - Ne
(fully functioning but less aware of, when using may appear blustery or evasive)

Action oriented innovator
Adaptable
Verbally fluent
Resourceful
Active, enthusiastic
Friendly, jolly
Uninhibited
likes rapid tempo

Under stress may become
Distracted, impulsive, unrealistic in expectations, hasty, noisy

I kinda dislike this description of how auxiliary function works. But I think that basically dominant function reflects your natural, instantaneous reaction to things, whereas your auxiliary comes out when you feel comfortable and are more relaxed.

This help? :)

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wait. You think someone who averages 14,401.5 characters per post (with spaces, not including Title) is an introvert?

You know it's an introvert NFP if they then barely muster enough strength to say "Hi" when meeting you in person.

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
But I think that basically dominant function reflects your natural, instantaneous reaction to things, whereas your auxiliary comes out when you feel comfortable and are more relaxed

Wow you have totally set something off there :yes:
If I was ENFP I wouldn't be clinging to Fi the way I do. Even though Fi is a bitch and I hate it sometimes, I wouldn't know who I was without it. I can't imagine not living in it. Ne, I love and it adds ENORMOUSLY to my enjoyment of life, but it doesn't rule me like Fi does.

Thankyou!!! :hug:

Do other INFPs out there hate there Fi sometimes? It's so booooooring!

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
You know it's an introvert NFP if they then barely muster enough strength to say "Hi" when meeting you in person.

:rofl1: I'm not this wordy in person, true!!

Thanks everybody who took the time to read my insane ramblings, they were veeeeeery long I know, but :D I think it's all figured out. Scary, but I don't think I have to question this much more. I'm 99% sure of my INFPness :yay:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i didn't read even a bit of it because it was so long...but i'm going with infp because i have never seen an enfp write so damn much. :)

Unique

I know INFPs that talk more than I do...

Amount talked doesn't = Amount extraverted

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i know...my isfj sister talks way more than i do.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
lol
Do you think an INFP would have posted what is basically journal entries to an online forum for everyone to see and comment on? Even if it is anonymous?

Beats me.

1. I would never read such a long post by a new member.
2. I would never read such a long post by a known member unless it had clear organization or was filled with sad stories.
3. I know close to nothing about typology.
4. I believe people abuse typology in forgetting that it's a classification system and instead believing that your type is something internal and constant. (It's not.)
5. I still think it's reasonable to assume that an introvert would not share their life story in their first two posts on a new site.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The answer to the above quoted question is 100% yes. In fact, for many INFPs making a post like that is 100x easier than telling the same thing to a real person.

SpaZZakaZZ

MBTI Type
INFP
1. I would never read such a long post by a new member.
2. I would never read such a long post by a known member unless it had clear organization or was filled with sad stories.

That's interesting. I'm completely interested in the posts on here where people are talking about how they think and behave, no matter how long they are. I've been going around reading them all. I actually sometimes wish people would talk about that kind of thing in real life, and I could just sit there listening to them without having to comment. With a little pause button so I could stop to process then start them up again.
The only post I brushed off as too long was all about someone trying to explain and define what each type is and it was kinda boring.
Wonder what that means?

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP

lol it's pretty odd for ANYONE to do I think, but don't you know INFPs are natural writers!

and I'm not surprised at how much one can end up disclosing, especially on the internet like this... though I doubt I could ever write so much

to be honest I didn't read the whole thing, I have noooo attention span for that. But I did skim it through and really just felt it was more INFP than ENFP