• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you figure out if someone is ENTP or ESTP?

nozflubber

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
MBTI Type
Hype
ESTPs will be more direct and blunt with their "promotions" or presentation of ideas. an ESTP will (typically) have an attitude something along the lines of like "Anything other than X ain't SHIT!"

ENTPs will be more playful, vague and nonchalant about what idea they're trying to hammer you over the head with. Much, much more sarcastic than the ESTP, who may not even bother with sarcasm because it can clutter up the message and thus be an indirect ploy

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
There are so many differences between us, I think. I just learned that my former bf of 4 years was an ESTP. Major differences:

- he is way more athletic. I love a few sports, but he lives and breathes all of them. He can't understand why on earth I'd ever stay home and read a book. He played every sport of every season - was on countless leagues. If he wasn't playing, he was watching. Couldn't tear him away from the TV in March.
- he dislocated his shoulder and still continued to play sports. Every time he did a jump shot, he would pop it out again. He was so used to the pain, he would reset the shoulder and continue to play. I had to force him to get surgery on it (pins put in). He was back on the courts within a month.
- also, when I forced him to have surgery, I forgot to show up. He said it wasn't important, so I didn't think it was important. Later, I found out it was important - but I don't get those things unless you tell me.
- he drinks way more than I think is humanly possible. I can definitely tear it up, but not more than 2x a week. He drank a lot when we were together. That's actually what ended our relationship. I hear he still drinks a lot.
-we both love to dance - but he is wild and always had a crowd around him, watching him.
- he was a lot more outgoing than I was. He also smiled a lot more. I usually got into the whole social thing when I was in a situation, but he sought out those situations. I was perfectly content never leaving the house unless there was somewhere specific to go.
- he was always amazed at my "observational humor" and how I drew connections.
- he was a packrat but yet still somehow neater than me. I have a lot less stuff, but there are just small little clumps of things randomly strewn around my apartment (books, records, etc...)
- he loved to cook - anything that involved tinkering with his hands - while I was much more theoretical. I came up with recipes in my head. He was the trial and error guy.
- he is a mechanical engineer because he loves to tinker with things. my degrees were more theoretical, but still science based.
- he was never afraid to ask anyone for anything - even their car. Don't know if that's an ESTP thing, but I could never do that. I'd rather walk.
- his presence was always felt. He filled up a room with his boisterousness. He always had music on, a loud booming voice and something was always being worked on.
- I got a lot more accomplished than him. Work, school, etc... He couldn't really multitask the same way. One thing at a time, generally.
- I always crash into things. That's my contribution to the noise making.
- sex was always a sport. with no warm up *ahem*. It seriously was very athletic.
- he had no patience for explanations. he only wanted to hear yes or no - that's it.
- he fell asleep a lot. On trains, park benches, etc. I guess he always wore himself out. I can't sleep in public. Matter of fact, I delay sleeping for days sometimes, whereas he was a slave to what his body wanted. If he was hungry, the world stopped until he ate. I could care less if I eat.
- he had problems with a lot of his friends as they all thought he was hitting on their girlfriends. I never sweated it since he wasn't the cheating type - he was too much of an open book. Also, he trusted me implicitly, no matter what I did, where I was going or whatever. He couldn't fathom anyone cheating on him, ever. (I never did)
- he loved playing with kids. I loved watching kids (ok, both of those sound creepy - I mean he is more about teaching kids how to play sports, where I was more about watching and observing the way kids process info and then teaching them science/math/vocabulary in the way they like to learn naturally).
- I was never allowed to open my wallet in his presence, ever. He was really into the whole macho stereotype thing. I thought that was silly and always tried to pay the checks when I got up to go to the restroom.
- he never held a grudge, ever. I don't either, but I am quick to write someone off and forget they ever existed. He welcomes anyone back with open arms after a few months of ignoring - even his best friend who tried repeatedly to sleep with me.
- he is always very "present" while I am more of a space cadet.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
About 90% of Jenocyde's ESTP summary is spot on according to ESTP me.

No two of us are alike, but I'll bet many of us (males especially) have alot of the above in common.

Can't say I agree with the part about not warming up though; that would make both prone to injury once the sport begins, and that's just not being a good athlete, IMHO. :whistling:

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ESTPs try to control people. ENTPs don't give a shit.

ESTPs don't try to control people, we really do it, but we mean well, and we release them once they've served their purpose. What's the big deal? :devil:

ENTPs truly don't give a shit. They really crack me up and are interesting as hell to be around. :D

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Can't say I agree with the part about not warming up though; that would make both prone to injury once the sport begins, and that's just not being a good athlete, IMHO. :whistling:

Hahaha, well he always warmed up the bodies, but not the minds. And the mind is a big thing for us ENTPs. So in essence, HE was always warmed up. Also, he was down for whatever, wherever (which I loved!) - read the falling out of the tree thing in the most embarrassing sex thread... I have many many similar stories.

ESTPs don't try to control people, we really do it, but we mean well, and we release them once they've served their purpose. What's the big deal? :devil:

ENTPs truly don't give a shit. They really crack me up and are interesting as hell to be around. :D

That part is the damn truth. He controlled people in a way that you wanted him to lead you. But he had no interest in doing it on purpose, for the sake of controlling. He just simply felt his way was best and easiest. And most times, it didn't matter to me one way or the other - I just liked going along for the ride. I hate being in control and the last thing I want is to be responsible for anything.

jenocyde

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Also, we met and moved in with each other within a week - we're both really impulsive. After 4 years, I realized there was no growth in the relationship (an ENTP thing) - he was perfectly fine with the way things were (an S thing). Had no idea why I wanted to change it.

Being the ENTP that I am, when I broke up with him (the final time), I did it on a grand scale - ended it, moved to another state and met someone else within a week. He, on the other hand, tried to save the relationship in his own grand scale kind of way: he went to my jeweler and had a custom ring made for me, flew all the way to my new state, looked up my address in the phone book. When I opened the door, he was on one knee. I gave him a LOT of credit for that, as I closed the door in his face and promptly forgot about him until just now.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I gave him a LOT of credit for that, as I closed the door in his face and promptly forgot about him until just now.

BWAAAHHHH!!!!! Oh the tears of laughter!!! OUCH! :rofl1:

maliafee

An ENTP might announce that he's an "elitist bastard" with a proud and sarcastic grin on his face. ;-)

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTPs can be absent minded and geeky at times and it doesn't bother them!

I think any ESTP i know would become suicidal if ever seen as geeky and their anything but absent minded!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
When I opened the door, he was on one knee. I gave him a LOT of credit for that, as I closed the door in his face and promptly forgot about him until just now.

I guess he doesn't know ENTP's too well. The freeze out works much better with ENTP's, I bet.