• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type this professor

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I had a Calculus professor last year who intrigued me. She was definitely an odd one, and I'm curious as to how people here would type her.

When you first meet her, she definitely comes off as the cold-hearted bitch type. She stares at you like you're Hitler until you prove yourself worthy of her time.

She had everything planned in advanced. The syllabus she handed out literally had what was to be done every day from day 1 to the last day of the semester, and she followed it nearly to the letter. If you aren't as structured as she is, she can be condescending. For example, I came up to her after class and asked if she had office hours a week from then. She looked at me with a death stare and said in a motherly scolding-like voice, "well, where's your syllabus? My office hours are on it". She never gave me an answer.

If a student came into class late, she would stop the class until they sat down, and then yell at them in-front of the class.

However, she isn't always cold. Our class did bad on a test, and she gave a huge soapbox speech about how most professors would just say "oh, you guys suck, too bad", but that her fault is that she cares about how we do too much. She can also be VERY accommodating if she considers it called-for. She was very nice about letting me take sick days when I came in with the plague, and didn't even fight me when I asked to delay a test because of it. She also teaches at a community college.

She jokes around very rarely with students, and when she does it's very sarcastic and "mean humor".

She is absolutely amazing at Math. She would do problems that she's never done before in-front of us, and sometimes she would think out-loud. She would see tons of ways to do the problem almost instantly, and was VERY good at explaining her thought process and breaking it down for us.

Not sure what else to say, let me know if more info is needed.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
INTJ. I'll bet she cuts loose pretty good among close friends after work. She obviously makes a decision on things pretty quick. But a good decision none the less.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"mean humor" sounds more like ENTP / INTP to me. The private thing could be explained by her living in a higher plane of existance

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Still needs more info, I can't tell if she's E/I or even S/N, so far it seems like she's xxTJ.

"mean humor" sounds more like ENTP / INTP to me. The private thing could be explained by her living in a higher plane of existance

She's really not a P in any way, I don't know where you got that from.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
I'd say she sounds INTJ..
but nothing for certain beyond xxTJ.

INTP... as if any of us could be that structured :alttongue:

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I really wish I could give more information that pertained to E/I, or even S/N, but I can't think of much. I've never seen her outside of class really, and she doesn't do much that I would relate to S/N.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
She makes a quick decisive judgement on your level of sickness but how did she decide so fast?

She makes pretty stout jokes but what made her predict (and be correct in her prediction) that you wouldn't have choice adjectives for her described jokes following up the description of her stout jokes?

This is a toughy. As far as S/N.

I'm leanin on I because she isn't seen too much outside of class. i also get a mental picture of her as being I due to the relation with TJ as i concluded from the OP.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ sounds as good a guess as any.

maliafee

Gosh. She sounds like an INTJ except when I think about my INTJ brother's teaching style. He is just a substitute at the moment but really enjoys teaching (even wants to teach grade school someday). He gets a thrill out of coming into a calculus class or something and being able to teach just as well as the kids' regular math teacher, when most subs would just let the kids do homework or something until the bell rang.

NT's can be very accommodating when the reasoning seems logical and fair.

I don't know too many really mean INTJ's UNLESS they don't like someone or, perhaps this teacher just has been through too many classes full of awful-behaving students and so likes to start out a class with a mean front in order to make sure people take her class seriously?