• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Is "?" Type

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
I never would have thought to do this, but I have posted here long enough and have been consistent in posting how I truly am. Does anyone think that I may be anything other than ISTP? Has anyone consider that I may be ESTP merely from my writing or even SFP? I respect your opinions and I promise I want bite, but I may ask for clarity.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think your typing as ISTP is correct. I really appreciate your posts as they tend to be informative and well structured, so I make it a point to read them. From your posts alone you seem Ti dominant and overall, IsTP.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
One reason why I must objectively consider ESTP is based on the descriptions being almost identical to ISTP to an observer. For example take the Team Technology descriptions of the two types:
ISTPs direct their energy toward the inner world of thoughts (and, maybe, emotions). They analyze situations and come up with explanations of how things work. They prefer dealing with tangible problems and proven experience - they often enjoy solving organizational problems that need to be thought through.

ESTPs direct their energy towards the outer world of actions and spoken words. They solve problems, take action and actualize ideas and concepts - bringing them to fruition. They are therefore action oriented problem solvers, and often prefer to work with practical organizational issues.
Although the two come from different points of view, the results are the same. How would an onlooker know since they merely see the end results.
In a team environment, the ISTP can contribute by:
• being a source of information, or an 'expert' in some subjects
• using analytical skills to produce practical solutions to difficult problems
• encouraging the team to think, and then act
• having a cool head in a crisis
• applying relevant and realistic logical arguments
• encouraging the team to realistically assess the situation

In a team environment, the ESTP can contribute by:
• making things happen, with an action-oriented approach
• building a lively 'can-do' atmosphere, which generates team spirit
• focusing on practical ideas
• applying a common sense approach to problem solving
• maintaining awareness of the factual information on which discussions are based
taking charge in a crisis, and organising others
The potential ways in which an ISTP can irritate others include:
• focusing too much on the current task at the expense of longer term or interpersonal issues
• not seeing the wood for the trees
• not completing a task before moving on to the next one
• not communicating his/her understanding of the situation
• taking shortcuts
• seeming to flit from one thing to another

The potential ways in which an ESTP can irritate others include:
• acting too quickly, without appearing to think things through
• focusing too much on the current task at the expense of longer term or interpersonal issues
• not seeing the wood for the trees
• not taking account of the sensitivities of others
• turning to a new problem before the last one has been fully completed
• seeming materialistic
• generating crises as a way of getting things moving
I always enjoy the ESTPs take on things since the more I talk to them, the more I am convinced or suspect of whether I am ISTP or ESTP.

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Okay, I want to resurrect this and get some feedback if possible. After reading some of the recent threads started on ESTP. I really think that I could be one who has gone through a long period of withdrawing. I would especially like to hear from those who have confirmed being ESTP.

maliafee

Okay, I want to resurrect this and get some feedback if possible. After reading some of the recent threads started on ESTP. I really think that I could be one who has gone through a long period of withdrawing. I would especially like to hear from those who have confirmed being ESTP.

This is possible. My ESTP brother has gone through a few years of withdrawing (and has convinced a couple people he's an introvert)... but actually he's been horribly depressed.