• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I ISTP?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Whatcha think?

When I test my J/P function is the closest to borderline. I think I had 14% J... I think when I'm most comfortable I'm a P and then when working, doing tasks and altogether operating in more stressful conditions, my J shines. I know Night called me out in his "mistyped MBTIc members" thread as being an ISTP. *shrug*

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
You could be, you haven't ever stricken me as a 'normal' ISTJ. BY that, I mean, you seem different from other ISTJs, and that's a compliment. But who knows, you could still be an ISTJ, not all of them are the same, and J/P isn't always black and white. You may just be a little J like you said. It's up for debate.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^Thanks for the compliment :).

I read over the portait of the ISTP and I fit in with a lot of it, but there is some I don't identify with really. As is the case with the ISTJ portrait. I guess it's nothing more than just a weak dominance of the J.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'd have to read up on them. Got a link? lol

Hunter

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
8w7
Heh, you're probably just border-lining on both. Like, I list my type as ISTx because my J and P are pretty even. Sometimes, I'm extremely P and other times, J. -shrugs- It happens.

Although it can make it kinda confusing to post on the various threads in both SJ and SP because I know that I'm not really gonna fit into either type very well.

Hawker45

I read somewhere that ISTPs have a pretty fair Te streak in them. That may be what your experiencing.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I see a correlation. Quite a few ISTJ's think they're ISTP's (and they may be).

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm. Maybe we need a master "Am I an ISTP or an ISTJ?" resource thread.

TheChosenOne, I think you've identified as an ISTP before... what made you choose ISTJ instead? (Or are you still in the discovery process?)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hmm. Maybe we need a master "Am I an ISTP or an ISTJ?" resource thread.

TheChosenOne, I think you've identified as an ISTP before... what made you choose ISTJ instead? (Or are you still in the discovery process?)

Glad you asked. I identified as ISTP based on the four individual MBTI components - I/E, S/N, T/F, P/J. Needless to say, it was close on P/J and ISTJ was my 2nd highest preference. However, what made me truly identify more with ISTJ was the cognitive functions backing up the MBTI. Since I looked at the cognitive functions, the order of mine mostly matched ISTJ (you can see my cognitive function preference on my signature).

That's what basically put me in as ISTJ instead of ISTP. So I think Beat should do the same thing - look at the order of his cognitives because that's usually the deciding factor (I think) in solidifying your MBTI type.

This is where I think V.I. would actually be a bit useful.

What is V.I. ??

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Tell you the truth I don't see you as an ISTP at all. SJ is a slightly better fit...

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You seem SJ to me. I know it's hard being an ISTJ on TypeC, but you gotta tough it out.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yes. We can use a photo sometimes to identify a type. This exercise is called "phototyping".

Wow, that's interesting... so the shape of a person's face and their features could tell their personality... it actually makes sense. I have heard they do say that a person's face influences their personality.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chill out dude, you're SJ.