• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Enneagram type question.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
At the tests I did and my analysis of how it works. I keep coming out with 5w7.

I'm an observer at heart, and very eager to learn. And by being adventurous, I get into more/interesting situations to observe.
I often dream about moving to a different country, a different life. Different settings. For new and more experiences. (There's also a small part about it that I want to sort of run away from, but that's just a small part as I realize that wouldn't work anyhow.)

I once almost moved to Sweden (Pretty much everything was set, done and arranged.) but unfortunatly a chain of events I had no say in, prevented me from doing so. And I have some responsibilities that I can't just walk out on but that would need to be transfered in a good fashion. But I often find myself putting myself in unknown situations, that might very well scare me, but go through with it for the sake of learning and observing.
Looking at it like that, 5w7 seems to fit me rather well.

But the internets say it's impossible to be 5w7. What's up with that? :O

tmv4l

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w7
I have the same problem, im a 5w7 as well, but can't find anything on it. please message me if you find anything on it, im quite curious.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You can't be a 5w7. The wing has to be either the type preceding it or following it. 1w2 or 1w9, 3w4 or 4w5...

Silveresque

Disintegration and the head triad are the only things I can think of that link types 5 and 7. Things that could make a 5 more adventurous and 7-like are extraversion and being sx-dom...:thinking:

But I often find myself putting myself in unknown situations, that might very well scare me, but go through with it for the sake of learning and observing.

When you put yourself in new situations that you aren't used to, there's a good chance that you'll disintegrate to 7 in order to adapt. I've heard of other types starting to act like their disintegration type when traveling to a new country and putting themselves into the unknown.

That's the best I can come up with anyways...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Wow, old question is no longer relevant for me. I am without a doubt enneagram 9. Tritype most likely 954.

Although I like the idea of disintegration into 7. Perhaps that still applies in a sense. As in, I force myself into the idea of 7 consciously. Obviously doesn't mean I am 7 though.

Silveresque

Old question is no longer relevant. I am without a doubt enneagram 9.

Although I like the idea of disintegration into 7. Perhaps that still applies in a sense.

Yeah, just noticed the date on that post. :laugh:

Oh and congrats on finding your type. :) You've changed it since the time I stopped being active.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, just noticed the date on that post. :laugh:

Oh and congrats on finding your type. :) You've changed it since the time I stopped being active.

Enneagram yeah. I've always had INTP as MBTI type though. :)

I was pretty sure I had to be five for a long time. But I approached the enneagram much to consciously (INTP's :tongue: ). Knowing more about enneagram now, nine is just so obvious.

Silveresque

Enneagram yeah. I've always had INTP as MBTI type though. :)

I was pretty sure I had to be five for a long time. But I approached the enneagram much to consciously (INTP's :tongue: ). Knowing more about enneagram now, nine is just so obvious.

Haha, same here! :laugh: I think the type 9 descriptions tend to emphasize the wrong parts. Ironically, I didn't really understand the type until I stopped reading about it.

SoraMayhem

defying your expectations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Haha, same here! :laugh: I think the type 9 descriptions tend to emphasize the wrong parts. Ironically, I didn't really understand the type until I stopped reading about it.

I see that you have type 6 in your tritype. How well do you feel the descriptions accurately describe the type?

Silveresque

I see that you have type 6 in your tritype. How well do you feel the descriptions accurately describe the type?

I'm no expert on type 6, but I don't feel that descriptions for that type are particularly accurate or helpful to a lot of sixes either. For a long time I couldn't tell whether my mom was a 9 or a 6, because I can't even imagine her going counterphobic. It turns out she is a 6, but large parts of the descriptions don't fit her because they assume that all sixes have counterphobic phases. What I've observed is that there are a lot of sixes like my mom who are completely phobic and passive and seem like nines, so mistyping must be very common for them. This may simply be that 6 is such a diverse type that the descriptions can't cover every type of 6.

Like with all types, there will be parts that fit very well, and parts that don't fit. There are parts of type 6 that fit me perfectly, even though I'm not that type. Maybe I just have a tendency to get caught up in little details, but I feel that a lot of type descriptions aren't emphasizing the most fundamental aspects that would give a clear picture and distinguish them from other types. (Imho I think the type 1 descriptions are the worst this way, since they emphasize morality when really the type seems to be more about needing to be right and conscientious.)