• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an ENTP or an INTJ?

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most of what happens upstairs is a perfume-scented whirlwind of greens and purples.

Bedroom antics are a different thread.

You are perverse enough to be an ENTP, that's for sure.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Alright I am now back to being sure of my type.

Thank you to everyone who helped me and to the guy who comforted my breasts.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm still confused.

And....slightly aroused....

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
Definitely, definitely, definitely Extraverted Intuition. Unless I have myself all wrong.
For me it seems the confusion comes about because my Ti is so natural that I don't realize that I am using it unless I see it defined. Even then, depending on my usage of some words, I may not appreciate what it is. For example my dominant function Ti:
Introverted Thinking - Analyzing, categorizing, and figuring out how something works. Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, there is a search for a "leverage point" that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system.
I do the highlighted as natural as I breath, so they tend to be unconscious reactions unless I stop and do some deep self-analysis. My auxiliary on the other hand is different and many times I use it defensively:
Extraverted Sensing - Experiencing and noticing the physical world, scanning for visible reactions and relevant data.You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once. You may be drawn to experience more and more, seeking any variation that will intensely excite the senses. Writing that is richly descriptive can also evoke extraverted Sensing as can other mental stimulation. The process is momentary and tied to the events of the immediate situation. It is used in the here and now and helps us know what is really there in the physical world and to adapt to it. Extraverted Sensing occurs when we scan for information that is relevant to our interests, then we mentally register data and facts such as baseball statistics, the locations of all the restaurants in town, or the names of all the actors in the popular television shows. There can be an active seeking of more and more input to get the whole picture until all sources of input have been exhausted or something else captures our attention. Associated behaviors include eating a whole box of chocolates for the variety of tastes; playing an instrument for hours with pure enjoyment, not for practice; voracious reading or continual asking of questions to get specifics.
The highlighted part in this sense is something that I tend to refrain from doing. When it goes for long periods, I then become lethargic, find myself in a rut(an anathema for all SPs) and feel empty inside.