• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I an outlier?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I don't feel as if I fit into any of the types easily. I am super-duper E and definitely J, but after that, I don't know. I have gotten every ExxJ type there is in my testing, with ESFJ and ENFJ most common. Still, there are people who swear up and down that I am an N and/or a T. My personality traits seem contradictory if you go by how types are described. I'd like to hear some more perspectives.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ENFJ

Specificity is somewhat irrelevant, really. I could just as easily peg you as ESFJ against topic range.

Interesting people rarely anchor within the parameters of a single type. I'm of the mindset that type is organic to one's external environment v. an inborn methodology. If taken under this framework, one could theoretically transition against how they interact with their outer world.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
ENFJ

Specificity is somewhat irrelevant, really. I could just as easily peg you as ESFJ against topic range.

Interesting people rarely anchor within the parameters of a single type. I'm of the mindset that type is organic to one's external environment v. an inborn methodology. If taken under this framework, one could theoretically transition against how they interact with their outer world.

It's funny. I sound very much like Internet description of ESFJs, but almost nothing like what people on here describe them as being. I use logic and evidence in all of my debates and don't tend to make emotional appeals, but I feel as if I use my F internally much more.

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
Honestly, merc you're like the person I most identify with on the forum.

So whatever type you are, I probably am.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Honestly, merc you're like the person I most identify with on the forum.

So whatever type you are, I probably am.

I could foresee commonality between you two.

ENFJ

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
It's funny. I sound very much like Internet description of ESFJs, but almost nothing like what people on here describe them as being. I use logic and evidence in all of my debates and don't tend to make emotional appeals, but I feel as if I use my F internally much more.

You're a male ExFJ and male Fs have to develop thinking as a social artifact. I can't identify with most ESFJ descriptions because I find them moronic and the ENFJ halos and bleeding hearts make me want to wretch.

There's such a poor representation of ExFJs and especially ESFJs on the forum that I think it's almost pointless to come here looking for answers.

I often notice commonality between you two.

ENFJs

Maybe so, maybe no. :sombrero:

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
You're a male ExFJ and male Fs have to develop thinking as a social artifact. I can't identify with most ESFJ descriptions because I find them moronic and the ENFJ halos and bleeding hearts make me want to wretch.

I find it endlessly amusing the NTPs are the ones always complaining about SFJs being simple-minded and dense, but they always have the most one-dimensional, stereotypical descriptions and attitudes. It's ironic and makes me smile, because it's so small-minded.

There's such a poor representation of ExFJs and especially ESFJs on the forum that I think it's almost pointless to come here looking for answers.

It doesn't bother me too much. I don't fit easily into any one category IRL, either, but it makes communication difficult at times.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sort of feel the way you do too. I go borderline on everything, but especially S/N and F/T. But I know that I am in fact an INFP.

You seem pretty confidant that you're an ESFJ usually, maybe you're just different. I feel that way, that I'm "different" from the others in some way. Have you checked into enneagram? This was the factor that defined my "difference."

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I sort of feel the way you do too. I go borderline on everything, but especially S/N and F/T. But I know that I am in fact an INFP.

You seem pretty confidant that you're an ESFJ usually, maybe you're just different. I feel that way, that I'm "different" from the others in some way. Have you checked into enneagram? This was the factor that defined my "difference."

Whenever I test, the N vs. S is 50/50 or within a few points either way.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You can't give up the ESFJ. You're a load-bearing poster. :cheese:

proteanmix

Plumage and Moult
Enneagram
1w2
I find it endlessly amusing the NTPs are the ones always complaining about SFJs being simple-minded and dense, but they always have the most one-dimensional, stereotypical descriptions and attitudes. It's ironic and makes me smile, because it's so small-minded.

Notice that most of these NTPs are under the age of 25. It's pretty obvious they haven't gotten any life experience. Don't strain at gnats.

As far as the logic thing goes, I really got a substantial non-lethal doses of Ti by growing up with two Ti-dominant siblings. And in college I was pretty heavy into Rhetoric and Argumentation.

Whenever I test, the N vs. S is 50/50 or within a few points either way.

I wouldn't rely on the tests...basically if you know you're a Fe-dominant then the next step is figuring out if your auxiliary function is Ni or Si.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I don't know you and you are probably somewhat different in real life.
But from what you are showing here you don't sound like ESFJ.

I also think that ENFJ makes more sense.
Your posts in political threads are what "gives you away".
Also, it makes sense that NF has a problem with governments.

But your N is not strong.

L

Lasting_Pain

:violin:

P.S Who are you calling simple boy. *In a Southern Accent*

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Interaction style? :)

ENFJ = in charge
This is the interaction style description for ENFJs:
Communicate and share values. Succeeding at relationships. Realizing dreams—their own and others. Seek opportunities to grow together. Heeding the call to a life work or mission. Enjoy the creative process. Intuitive intellect. Reconcile the past and the future. Talent for seeing potential in others. Often find living in the present difficult.

ESFJ = get things going
This is the interaction style description for ESFJs:
Accepting and helping others. Managing people. Hearing people out. Voicing concerns and accommodating needs. Admire the success of others. Remember what’s important. Talented at providing others with what they need. Keep things pleasant. Maintaining a sense of continuity. Accounting for the costs. Often disappointed by entrepreneurial projects.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
:violin:

P.S Who are you calling simple boy. *In a Southern Accent*

Yup, this is what I am talking about. The NTP "I get to be a jerk, because I'm somehow special (when actually it's that I am really unpopular IRL, but we band together online)" attitude.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Interaction style? :)

ENFJ = in charge
This is the interaction style description for ENFJs:

ESFJ = get things going
This is the interaction style description for ESFJs:

I have all of those traits, and other, less cooperative ones, too.

MBTI Type
ENTP
You seem ESFJ to me. I think many people are uncomfortable with the idea of someone knowing a lot about politics when they're not N or T. But it's natural for sensors to be insightful in the one or two areas they specialize. Whereas Ns are more likely to have insights into lots of areas but only in a holistic, generic way. Given that, and the fact that you only tend to post in a couple different types of threads, you're an obvious sensor to me.