• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Another "type this unknown forum member" game

maliafee

He or She was arguing semantics and Pragmatics, he definitely is a T.

He or she also hangs out with homosexuals, so it is obvious that he is not an S.

Post more later

What is that supposed to mean? S's can't be friends with gay people? HAHAHAHAHA wrong.

;-> I have gay friends, and I'm straight, and I'm an S.

But then, you were probably being facetious and I was taking it literally, right?!:doh:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
maliafee- He was being sarcastic.

L

Lasting_Pain

What is that supposed to mean? S's can't be friends with gay people? HAHAHAHAHA wrong.

;-> I have gay friends, and I'm straight, and I'm an S.

But then, you were probably being facetious and I was taking it literally, right?!:doh:

Wow I posted that long ago, but yeah I was being sarcastic.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
What do you say nightning?

Anything I'd say will be biased... since I know who the person is... It'll also be doubly biased in that what I put will influence other people's answers. So I'll refrain. :)

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
I haven't cheated this time (which will be evident when I get it wrong) but the use of "What's the point..." makes me think INTP.

(But I might just check my answer now...)

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I'll give this a shot.

What's the point in asking for advice, opinions and comments if you're just going to attack the advice and the advice-giver?

What's the point in giving advice if it not only goes into a vaccum, but also provokes a negative response?

In other words, what is the point of this thread?

Here, the member focuses on the 'point' of interacting with persons with respect to giving and receiving advice. A 'point' in this context is the value of the action, and the action is personal/relational in an extraverted way.

+1 for Fe

I can't see myself crying at work, ever, and I would be very uncomfortable if anyone else was crying there.

Possible exception of a family member/etc dying, where I would understand someone else crying (though it'd still be uncomfortable), but in my case I would leave work for as long as I needed to, if at all possible.

Crying in response to everyday stuff? Not really professional, in my opinion.

This set of quotes is concerned with social norms that govern the public display of emotion, and the poster seems concerned with maintaining expected social composure. Again, this smacks (to me) of Fe.

90% of those apply to most people. You need to focus on the distinctive traits.

Another quote dealing with people. Here, the poster seems to be engaging in some sort of argument; specifically, (s)he is attacking another poster's premise by pointing out his/her lack of attention to detail.

I'd say Se/Fe is dominant in this quote.

Wasn't this a longer thread somewhere, or am I going crazy?

Uhh...I'd vote for a combination of at least two of those at once.

For instance, a research project I'm looking into involves a combination of nanotech with biotech.

Nanotech and biotech are not intrapersonal--they're disciplines focused on manipulating 'stuff' (please excuse the highly technical jargon) in the external world for practical benefit. I'd say Se/Te.

I've seen your link before, somewhere, quite a while ago, but it's still just as fascinating. It's amazing how little families in poor countries spend on food, but I guess they don't have much money to begin with...I was kinda shocked at $341/week, too...I grew up in a family of 6 and it wasn't anywhere near that....I think it was around 200 if I recall (my mom discussed it with me once).

Here again the poster is focusing on people. (S)he is also focusing peoples' pragmatic concerns. The expressed shock at the disparity between poor and rich suggests the poster believes there is something amiss with the distribution of wealth; if true, this is indicative of a concern for social justice. People + pragmatic focus + concern for social justic = Fe.

1) Some of the categories, I like only one or two bands in that genre, so I'm not sure if I should check them.

2) What is "big band"?

3) I would have liked a prog rock option, too....and I would maybe distinguish classic rock from new rock. But that's just me. Pretty good poll options given the limitations.

Seems familiar with a variety of musical genres and willing to pay close enough attention to auditory sensation in order to make fine distinctions between different types of rock.

Se?

Auuuugh. :doh:

[removed venting]

Ugh I'm going for a walk.

Only Extraverted Feelers use emoticons. (j/k).

Unsettled by public displays of negative emotion, then goes for a walk: withdraws and reflects in response to stress after acting. ???

Fe seems to be this member's primary function. Se also seems present, but can't be the auxiliary, so it's likely tertiary. I see no reason to discount Ni, and Ni would aid in understanding the obtuse theory of Nano and Biotech.

I'm going to guess this is another ENFJ.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My reasoning was similar to Aimahn's they seem female but uncomfortable by emotional displays. They appear to work in research science. Their posts are quite concise and to the point, they point out irrelevance without wasting words. They consider it unprofessional for others to cry at work and go for a walk to vent out frustration.

All of this makes me think Ni & Te & Se. INTJ.

deleted
Anything I'd say will be biased... since I know who the person is... It'll also be doubly biased in that what I put will influence other people's answers. So I'll refrain. :)

Oh you've gone and said too much.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Answer for person #2: It's Randomnity, ISTP!

Costrin, Eagle, Bougal got it right. Good job! :)

Personally based on the quotes I think the sense of T is pretty strong. The confusion comes more from whether she's a S or an N. Si got brought up a few times... like "wasn't this a longer thread somewhere..." and "I've seen your like before..." She seems to mention remembering things frequently but at the same time, a little unsure. Perhaps that's the reasoning behind the confusion? Although the "detailed" (relatively) number thing... like $341/week, $200 spend on food etc does hint towards S...

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Answer for person #2: It's Randomnity, ISTP!

Costrin, Eagle, Bougal got it right. Good job! :)

Personally based on the quotes I think the sense of T is pretty strong. The confusion comes more from whether she's a S or an N. Si got brought up a few times... like "wasn't this a longer thread somewhere..." and "I've seen your like before..." She seems to mention remembering things frequently but at the same time, a little unsure. Perhaps that's the reasoning behind the confusion? Although the "detailed" (relatively) number thing... like $341/week, $200 spend on food etc does hint towards S...

I OWN.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Unknown forum member #3

Just a quick notice... I'm getting a backlog of people who want to participate as the unknown member in this game. I'll be slowly making my way down the list. :)

Ready for the next one? Remember, same rules as before!

---------

Person #3

I honestly haven't noticed it, it's like whenever I read woman in the title of a thread I just forget it exist, like the womans bathrooms, I've heard stories, but... Have you actually seen the inside of the womans bathroom?

But seriously, I've found I've been watching more reruns of shows that have finished there run then anything else these days. Recent shows that I do watch are, Smallville, The Shield, Star Wars: The Clone Wars series, Transformers Animated, and that's really it.

I used to hate you, but then I stopped caring for some reason. Now I'm just indifferent.

I'm not a smiley guy, I double space.

Don't know why.

Not a clue.

Yeah, there's a problem when a guy whose post mostly consist of fluff has higher rep then a serious poster.

...I'm assuming you are a serious poster [member name censored]...

I would pocket it and keep my ears open for anyone looking for a 100 dollar bill. If no ones looking I'd forget about it till I find it in that same pant pocket when I'm doing laundry later.

My moms ESTJ, and at times it can be to much, there are times when she does things that drive me up the walls, but then again if I spend to much time with anybody they start to wear on me. We're okay, she just needs to learn to keep in mind how I feel about certain things, and I need to keep in mind that she's a social animal before anything else, save for being my mom, she's good at that.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I used to hate you, but then I stopped caring for some reason. Now I'm just indifferent.

Love that :D

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is it a truly random selection? Pretty interesting to see out of context like that...they mostly sound pretty negative.

I identify very much with the INTJ description so those who guessed that were not far off, for the record.

Although the "detailed" (relatively) number thing... like $341/week, $200 spend on food etc does hint towards S...
lol, I remember that thread. It was comparing numbers each family spent on food in a week, I was just being on-topic :D

I don't know how the guesses are so close, I really have no idea from looking at quotes. Nicely done.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ohhh, I know this one. INFJ.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
Is it a truly random selection? Pretty interesting to see out of context like that...they mostly sound pretty negative.

I identify very much with the INTJ description so those who guessed that were not far off, for the record.

It's as random as I can make it. I do a search for your posts, pick a page and skim the posts from top to bottom. Anything that pops up to me as relating to you as a person is added. I do about 2 a page... then I skip 10 pages or so and repeat.

I can definitely see how things feel when you completely take it out of context though. You attribute everything to the person and nothing for the situation.

lol, I remember that thread. It was comparing numbers each family spent on food in a week, I was just being on-topic :D
See, you remember! If you randomly quote stuff I say, half the time I couldn't even tell I said that. It just sounds vaguely familiar. That's the lack of Si you get from Ni dominants :doh:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm getting an entp vibe from person 3