• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type Am I?

Strangelove

I'm not going to talk about any of the types I think I am.
I just want to see what you guys think from my description.

I see myself as someone who is friendly and accommodating. I enjoy being around other people. If I'm going to criticize someone, I try to be reassuring in the process. I care for a lot of people. However, a strong part of me (despite my strong interest in people) is also a loner. I am very independent and do not consider myself to be part of any group.
It isn't that I don't need to be alone but rather that I want to be alone. I enjoy the time I spend by myself.

Even if I can hold my own in a social situation (which I often can do), I don't try to control people or to let them control me. I guess the way to describe myself is a "friendly loner".

What do you guys think?
If you have any questions, ask me.
I'm eager to get to know those at TypologyCentral better.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
INFP maybe. Definitely I and F, if anything. Not sure on the N/S or J/P front though.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I_FP

How do you take in information? Do you take it in through your five senses or through intuition? How do you learn best? Do you learn through doing or is having the process explained enough for you to grasp it and apply it? What are/were your favorite subjects in school?

I will go with ISFP, but I would like for you to tell us more about yourself.

Strangelove

I'd say that I can learn just fine from having the process explained to me.
My favorite subject in school is math and that's what I'm currently majoring in at college.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you live for?

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
A math major is almost definitely an N and probably NT. I want to say INFP maybe INTP. INTPs are known for being cold, but in my experience as an INTP I rarely hurt people's feelings and I'm usually supportive even in criticism. INFPs are more people oriented though.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Liking math is an intuitive trait? I didn't know that. :shock:

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Complex math is entirely abstract. Sure we use it to form concrete realities, but Ns have a huge advantage in learning it.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Oh, I prefer concrete math to abstract. To each his own I guess.

...If I said that right. =/

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Concrete math would be arithmetic and geometry.
Abstract would be algebra and calculus. imo

Snow Turtle

I'd agree...
Not much of a fan of the more difficult aspects of algebra but that's mostly due to the need to memorise specific formulas before proceeding. Then there's the whole re-arranging issues. Otherwise arithimitic & algebra >>>>> geometry.

OP. I'm inclined to think IXFJ.
Reasoning: Fe present in terms of desiring other opinions. Si/Ni to collect information purposely before revealing. Teritary Ti at play here with the whole puzzle.
Based on username: Possible slant towards INFJ.

What was the reasoning behind choosing mathematics as a degree? What purpose does it serve you?

Strangelove

Thanks guys for all your help so far!
I feel pretty certain I'm an I and an F.
I don't know which temperament suits me better.. Idealist or Artisan.

I consider myself to be a romantic at heart and I understand abstract concepts quickly. However, I have a very cynical view of the world and find it difficult to see the good in other people like an Idealist would.

Snow Turtle

Welcome back strangelove.
If it helps, an NF can become disillusioned with society. There's a quote that cynical people are just disappointed idealists.