• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me please?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Well, I've taken some online tests which reveal that I'm ISTJ, but I'm not very trusting of online tests. They only know the answers to the test questions, and nothing in between. I know I'm definitely an introvert, so there's a quick one right there, but I'm not sure of the other letters.

Some things about me:

--I don't like people hugging me unless they're a close family member. Displaying affection towards others is just not the way I work. Things like that make me feel awkward. I also don't like it when people compliment me most of the time because I view it as either sarcasm, pity, or that I'm undeserving of the compliment.

--I consider my self to have no creativity, although the activities I do should make me a creative person. I take dance classes, I play an instrument, I take choir, etc. But if you were to ask me to make up a dance, a song, a story, or anything else, I can't do it. Well, I suppose I could, but it'd be a very lame story, dance, or whatever.

--I love math because I find it easy. There's a definite answer to the question. It's solid, concrete, no questions about it. Not to mention, math doesn't require constant memorization. Sure, it needs a little, but you can apply things to other things and um... yeah, I don't know how to say this.

--Quite often, I find it difficult to explain things to others, as you can tell in the last thing I said.

--Sometimes I just like to sit and ponder and how different people are from each other. I wonder how people think and how they're different from me. Sometimes, I even wonder if we see differently than each other. It's hard for me to explain this also, but if you read my mind you'll know what I'm talking about. :)

--My morals are not based on my religion or any scientific facts. My morals are based on what I believe is true and fair to everyone.

--I'm a big procrastinator. In fact, I'm supposed to be doing a couple things right now. Haha.

So um... that's all the useful things I could think of. If you need any more information to better type me, just ask! Please and thank you for reading my boring post. :newwink: :heart:

*edit* To those who feel like attacking me: I'm quite new to MBTI and very intrigued. However, I need a little help understanding all of the types. Asking this question was easier on my brain. Yes, I know that's a bad reason, but I'm curious of my type and I'm not a patient person.

*edit2* Now that I think about it, I might not even be an introvert. Maybe I just have a social-anxiety of some kind. I really don't know myself very well. Haha.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
At your age, things are very in flux. It's going to be hard for you to get a read on yourself type-wise as a teenager. I know I wouldn't have been able to. Of course, I would have dismissed the whole thing as pyschobabble trying to control me anyway, so I wouldn't have cared, unless I was trying to disprove the theories. ;)

PTypes - Temperament Test

If you haven't done that one yet, you could try it, I think it's a fairly good way to figure out your basic temperament. A few of the questions are kinda wonky, but then that's true of most of the tests/sorters. Once you've figured out temperament though, you can try if you want to figure out the specific type. Keep in mind that people disagree on all this stuff, especially on this forum, with some Meyers-Briggs "purists", people who try to stick more to the original Jungian system, Keirsey followers (I pretty much belong to this group), and people who have developed (or just made up out of nowhere) their own system that doesn't line up easily with any of them. The confusing thing is that all of these groups of people tend to use the same letter system for their types, so the definition of what makes an ISTJ for instance will be quite different depending on who you ask. ;)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Well, I've taken some online tests which reveal that I'm ISTJ, but I'm not very trusting of online tests. They only know the answers to the test questions, and nothing in between. I know I'm definitely an introvert, so there's a quick one right there, but I'm not sure of the other letters.

Some things about me:

--I don't like people hugging me unless they're a close family member. Displaying affection towards others is just not the way I work. Things like that make me feel awkward. I also don't like it when people compliment me most of the time because I view it as either sarcasm, pity, or that I'm undeserving of the compliment.

--I consider my self to have no creativity, although the activities I do should make me a creative person. I take dance classes, I play an instrument, I take choir, etc. But if you were to ask me to make up a dance, a song, a story, or anything else, I can't do it. Well, I suppose I could, but it'd be a very lame story, dance, or whatever.

--I love math because I find it easy. There's a definite answer to the question. It's solid, concrete, no questions about it. Not to mention, math doesn't require constant memorization. Sure, it needs a little, but you can apply things to other things and um... yeah, I don't know how to say this.

--Quite often, I find it difficult to explain things to others, as you can tell in the last thing I said.

--Sometimes I just like to sit and ponder and how different people are from each other. I wonder how people think and how they're different from me. Sometimes, I even wonder if we see differently than each other. It's hard for me to explain this also, but if you read my mind you'll know what I'm talking about. :)

--My morals are not based on my religion or any scientific facts. My morals are based on what I believe is true and fair to everyone.

--I'm a big procrastinator. In fact, I'm supposed to be doing a couple things right now. Haha.

So um... that's all the useful things I could think of. If you need any more information to better type me, just ask! Please and thank you for reading my boring post. :newwink: :heart:

*edit* To those who feel like attacking me: I'm quite new to MBTI and very intrigued. However, I need a little help understanding all of the types. Asking this question was easier on my brain. Yes, I know that's a bad reason, but I'm curious of my type and I'm not a patient person.

*edit2* Now that I think about it, I might not even be an introvert. Maybe I just have a social-anxiety of some kind. I really don't know myself very well. Haha.

Wow, you sound exactly like me, it's scary. Everything you said, except the fact that you more readily share things about yourself. I totally get what you mean when you wonder if people literally "see differently". i've wondered this many times too. And I too was stuck for a while between ISTJ and ISTP. Based on the fact that you sound very much like me and that I've solidified the fact that I'm ISTJ, I would say you are ISTJ.

Heck, when I first came here, I made a thread called "Help type me please" (similar to this title) and I still put statements with question marks at the end which don't need them, like you did for this title.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You seem ISTP to me. I'd go with that. You might be an ISTJ, but I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
You seem ISTP to me. I'd go with that. You might be an ISTJ, but I wouldn't wish that upon anyone.

Haha, it's a lot better than you think, buddy. One of the more productive types, and my favorite type to be.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
From your description of yourself, you sound very, very like my mother, who is a definite ISTJ. Especially the part about being proficient at several different things but not creative. My mom is great at her job, etc., but generally does better with routines and applying the rules to solve problems. She's not really an actively creative, think-outside-of-the-box person. I think she's awesome, though...I wish I had that sort of practicality and no-nonsense sense about myself sometimes. She, too, is uncomfortable with physical contact aside from with close family members. She's a devoted mother and has always been very affectionate with me and my brother, but feels uncomfortable when other people give her hugs.

/DG/

Wow, you sound exactly like me, it's scary. Everything you said, except the fact that you more readily share things about yourself. I totally get what you mean when you wonder if people literally "see differently". i've wondered this many times too. And I too was stuck for a while between ISTJ and ISTP. Based on the fact that you sound very much like me and that I've solidified the fact that I'm ISTJ, I would say you are ISTJ.

Heck, when I first came here, I made a thread called "Help type me please" (similar to this title) and I still put statements with question marks at the end which don't need them, like you did for this title.

Haha creepy. :shock:

I wouldn't normally openly share my feelings, though, unless it's to complete strangers on the internet. I've been confused on whether or not I'm an ISTJ or an ISTP because aren't J/P defined differently depending on whom you ask?

/DG/

Another thing I've found that makes me contrary to an ISTJ is that I hate doing work and often procrastinate, unlike the typical ISTJ. The only time I actually like doing work, is when it pleases someone. (i.e. Shoveling the walk for my parents.) However, I often use sarcasm in my remarks, a typical trait of an ISTJ person. How do you tell whether or not someone is ISTJ or ISTP?

*edit* I just took this test which I found after looking through the forums. It was said to be quite a useful test. The results it gave me were ISTX, which frustrated me even more. =P According to the results of this test, my traits are very close to each other. Well, except for truth vs. feelings. I guess it shows that I'm not the typical feeling kind of girl, which is very true.

E - 5 | I - 8
S - 7 | N - 6
T - 10 | F - 4
P - 7 | J - 7

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Another thing I've found that makes me contrary to an ISTJ is that I hate doing work and often procrastinate, unlike the typical ISTJ. The only time I actually like doing work, is when it pleases someone. (i.e. Shoveling the walk for my parents.) However, I often use sarcasm in my remarks, a typical trait of an ISTJ person. How do you tell whether or not someone is ISTJ or ISTP?

I hate doing work too, and I tend to procrastinate, because I actually work best close to deadlines. But at the same time, I like getting work done ahead of time and achieving things. Put together some J/P traits, and see which way you lean more. Also, look at the Jungian cognitive functions, and see which ones match you best. I think there's a test for that somewhere here.

You really seem like an ISTJ to me though.

/DG/

I hate doing work too, and I tend to procrastinate, because I actually work best close to deadlines. But at the same time, I like getting work done ahead of time and achieving things.

It's almost scary how alike we are. :)

Could you explain to me about the functions? I've always been a little confused on how these work and what they mean.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
It's almost scary how alike we are. :)

Could you explain to me about the functions? I've always been a little confused on how these work and what they mean.

Yeah, sure but I'm pretty busy as of now, I can do it tomorrow. For now I'll say there are 8 cognitive functions - Extroverted feeling, extroverted thinking, extroverted sensing, extroverted intuition, introverted feeling, introverted thinking, introverted sensing, and introverted intuition.

In the mean time, this should answer your questions - Jungian cognitive functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

/DG/

Thanks for all your help on this subject, but I find that Wikipedia just confuses me even more. I think I'll just wait.

*sits patiently* :cheese:

/DG/

Take this test and post the results

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

I don't know how accurate my test will be because the first time I took it, I got this:

"You answered almost all the questions as 'not like you,' which cannot give a useful picture of your development. Please use the 'Back' button to complete the questionnaire in a more open manner."
The second time, I got this:

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se) ************************* (25.3)
average use
introverted Sensing (Si) *************************** (27.4)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) *************************** (27.4)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************* (21.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ****************************** (30.1)
good use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************ (24)
limited use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *************************** (27.2)
average use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ******************************************************** (56.7)
excellent use
Summary Analysis of Profile
By focusing on the strongest configuration of cognitive processes, your pattern of responses most closely matches individuals of this type: INFP
Lead (Dominant) Process
Introverted Feeling (Fi): Staying true to who you really are. Paying close attention to your personal identity, values and beliefs. Checking with your conscience. Choosing behavior congruent with what is important to you.

Support (Auxilliary) Process
Extraverted Intuiting (Ne): Exploring the emerging patterns. Wondering about patterns of interaction across various situations. Checking what hypotheses and meanings fit best. Trusting what emerges as you shift a situation’s dynamics.

If these cognitive processes don't fit well then consider these types: ENFP, or ISFP

INFP?? :huh:

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
how did that happen? haha
If you were contested between ISTP and ISTJ that's a definite ISTJ. A lot of the Fi questions are "do you remain true to yourself?" which can be interpreted as Si too imo.
That may be why your Fi is so high and Si is so low.

edit: ISTJ is Si,Te,Fi,Ne which is what you would have gotten if Si and Fi balanced out

/DG/

I don't really know. I'm always borderline everything for these tests. =/

I think I'm just confused about myself. My brother could describe me better than I could, except for my deep interpersonal thoughts.

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Sometimes the best way to figure it out is by reading type descriptions or descriptions of functions.

I thought I might be INTJ until I realized Ti was me in a nutshell.

/DG/

Where do I go about reading about these functions in a way I understand (Wikipedia is of no use to me)?

Azseroffs

MBTI Type
ENTj
Enneagram
5w4
Introverted Sensing

There's a site for Si with some links to the other functions below the description.
If that's no good, there's always google!