• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Try to type me, please.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Please. I'll try to put together an accurate picture of me. I think people on this forum had the wrong idea of me...

1. Above all, I like to make up and tell stories, whether it's out loud to friends, writing novels, drawing comics, etc. I guess this is the biggest part of my personality that people will notice. I have a hard time making stories of things that actually happen unless I'm allowed to take generous liberties, though.

2. I must be prompted to remember things, and the things I remember most easily are things that have a sequence that make sense (like a historical timeline) or some kind of webbed relationship to each other. Trivia is absolutely impossible for me, as is putting me on the spot to try to remember something that fits X criteria. This makes me worry for my future college essays.

3. I usually finish things in a timely fashion. However, no matter how much I get done, I always feel like I haven't done enough.

4. I guess I find it hard to relate to people. This certainly does not mean that I lack sympathy, but I guess that I don't have a lot of empathy? Or perhaps it's not that I can't relate but that I don't put any importance on being able to relate and therefore don't notice.

5. I don't have many friends and am quiet with people I don't know well, but I love my writing and work to be noticed by lots of people.

6. I am usually content either talking if there's something interesting to talk about or not talking at all, but if I don't talk I want to be able to do something with that time, like write or work. I write a lot in restaurants and other public places where one 'should' be talking. I guess my parents indulged me a lot on this when I was little, because at least it kept me quiet and well-behaved, but I've noticed that some people find this very rude.

7. I try not to worry about small things but instead can end up worrying about things I can do nothing about.

8. I find it very difficult to concentrate on doing anything in the winter. Thus the 'winter' is usually a sort of creative slump when I can only focus long enough to draw some crappy comics. I really hate the winter.

9. I'm listening to "Pruit Igoe" by Philip Glass right now. I listened to the whole Koyaanisqatsi soundtrack earlier and I noticed that it made me feel lightheaded. I think there's something about the music that's disorienting.

Can you make anything of this? Feel free to ask me more questions.

Thank you.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
sounds a little like you might be this type, especially the obsession with writing on serving papers or anything. i observed such a person but never got a chance to read their staples of notes. also your memory style indicates intuition. i just never know if that kind of person is NeFiSeTi (enfp) or TiNeFiSe(intj), because the directing + assertive counselor style of communication appears very extroverted, while this type also needs to be alone a lot (allottt)
the way i see it, intj and enfp are mirror types, meaning that their brains seem to be closely related.

enneagram sites say that story telling is for sevens (ie enfp)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
sounds a little like you might be this type, especially the obsession with writing on serving papers or anything. i observed such a person but never got a chance to read their staples of notes. also your memory style indicates intuition. i just never know if that kind of person is NeFiSeTi (enfp) or TiNeFiSe(intj), because the directing + assertive counselor style of communication appears very extroverted, while this type also needs to be alone a lot (allottt)

enneagram sites say that story telling is for sevens (ie enfp)

I don't know. Who is that guy in the picture?

Oh no, I don't write on serving papers and things. I'm usually very good about bringing notebooks/sketchbooks/whatever. I'm pretty organized when it comes to keeping track of my writing.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
well i just noticed that you have written 2,583 posts and i have not read a single one of them. so i feel like i am in the wrong thread ;)

(i dont know the guy in the picture, he is just a lookalike of a female friend of mine, the observed person i mentioned earlier)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
well i just noticesd that you have written 2,583 posts and i have not read a single one of them. so i feel like i am in the wrong thread ;)

I wish I could delete that number. I'm trying to start fresh. Please don't be intimidated. :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I wonder what people would argue my type was if I was famous, and the only things they knew about me were from books, the TV, and magazines?

MBTI Type
INxJ
I wonder what people would argue my type was if I was famous, and the only things they knew about me were from books, the TV, and magazines?

lol You mean a completely fake persona created for public image?

If you could post a stream of consciousness that would be great.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
lol You mean a completely fake persona created for public image?

Yes. I mean, I see everyone here trying to type celebrities, and... well. It looks like it'd be interesting to look at.

If you could post a stream of consciousness that would be great.

I would, but my consciousness doesn't stream. It likes to say something and then bend back on itself and back on itself, trying to form eloquent, properly-punctuated sentences that will never be written.

I do not know where I picked up that habit. It's probably not the best thing to do.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Still think you're an INTJ. INTP seems like the runner up.

Haven't quite figured out your enneagram type by my system (just screw the conventional system), but I have negated a lot of types. I think I ruled out all the behaviorally anticipating types and all the emotionally controlling types (and just ignore the labels, they will only mislead you). So that leaves your top three types with the choices of being 3, 4, 5, and 8. From there, I still don't know what to do.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What you wrote there makes me think Fi-Ne INFP, Hap.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
Be confident of your type, and don't let type define your life. I stilll think you are an INTJ.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ORLY?

Are you willing to explain that, or just leave it as a bad pun?

Not a pun, I just got a NF vibe off what you wrote in the OP and aren't letting the type that you've been going as bias my thoughts is all, I could come in here and say you're INTx but that's hardly going to encourage new thought.

I think you have Fi over Fe and I don’t see you as an E so that left INFP.

There are NFs about the place that you remind me of. You've said it yourself, you don't relate to many other INTJs, there's probably a simple reason for that *shrug*

So tell us, what is it that you're unsure of?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Not a pun, I just got a NF vibe off what you wrote in the OP and aren't letting the type that you've been going as bias my thoughts is all, I could come in here and say you're INTx but that's hardly going to encourage new thought.

There are NFs about the place that you remind me of. You've said it yourself, you don't relate to many other INTJs, there's probably a simple reason for that *shrug*

But as I said in the original post, I don't relate well to anybody, so I thought that was perhaps the simple reason why I don't relate to INTJs or anybody of a particular type.

It was the storytelling thing, I guess. I don't feel a didactic purpose for it at all. There are people who tell stories for themselves, and there are people who tell stories for the sake of their audience. I just feel like I tell stories for the sake of the story. I don't have anything in me that needs to be said for my own peace of mind, to 'express myself' or somesuch bullshit. I just say it anyway.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But as I said in the original post, I don't relate to anybody, so I thought that was perhaps the simple reason why I don't relate to INTJs or anybody of a particular type.

Maybe so. From personal perspective I struggled to relate to other members until a type and person I'd never considered before were pointed out to me and I realised I could, eerily so. Have you ever looked at any NFs to see if you could relate?

nanook

a scream in a vortex
do we have a thread about artwork of intj or something?

its funny how the skill of drawing (comics or anything) doesn't seem to relate to type, as far as i can tell from observations so far.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Maybe so. From personal perspective I struggled to relate to other members until a type and person I'd never considered before were pointed out to me and I realised I could, eerily so. Have you ever looked at any NFs to see if you could relate?

I don't know. I just find the way some of the NFs around here talk a little... off, if I were to compare them to how I think. Then again, it's probably the case that someone who would self-type as an NF would talk like that, given the usual descriptions, so that may not be valid, exactly.

You get what I mean?

@nanook: I like drawing political cartoons. :)

youredoingitwrongbc2.png

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

This may not be a good way to judge, but her writing style is too concise in my opinion to be that of an INFP. Her words are direct and clear, without meandering abstractions or roundabout ways of saying simple things (A trait I have observed IRL, with feelers who knew nothing of MBTI...and they were certainly feelers, most likely intuitive feelers). My two cents.