• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type my Dad!

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't have much MBTI knowledge beyond the basics, so I'm curious to see if you guys can shed some light on a possible type.

Here are some random facts: (I find that people prefer those to a life story)

- When he was young (teens), he was very outgoing. He played in several bands, had lots of friends, and I'm pretty sure he was popular in school. Now though, he has borderline social anxiety disorder. He literally gets sick if he is anticipating going someplace where he won't know anyone. Around people he knows, he is very outgoing

- His sense of humor is very similar to my own, although he doesn't joke with people unless he knows them well. He also seems to follow my train of thought well, something which most people try to do and then look at me like I'm an idiot. This could just be because he's known me so long though.

- He is very smart and quick-witted, and usually has some knowledge from a different perspective to lend to a situation.

- His job is basically the boss of the company, with the only people above him being the owners. The "boss" persona comes out a lot when I argue with him. He is very firm when dealing with conflicts, and to this date I can only think of a handful of times that I've gotten him to even bend his views. I could lay out reason after reason for my argument, and he would stand there and just repeat his point over and over again while talking over me. If he wants something done a certain way, it WILL be done that way.

- Despite the above, he is an EXTREMELY nice and caring person, although most people would never know it. Unless you know him very well he could easily come off as an uptight jerk type person, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I remember him saying that he had to fire someone the next day, and he'd been spending the whole day feeling horrible about the idea and bad for the guy (even though he deserved to be fired).

- He is not comfortable dealing with emotions. He seems to deal with them the same way that I do, actually. He rarely opens up and talks about feelings and emotions. For example: When my Grandfather on my Mom's side died, my Mom was looking for someone to help her through it. Unfortunately, both my Dad and I just weren't the ones for the job. My Dad tried, and did a deal of good, but I could tell that he was uncomfortable every second of it.

- He lives by exact routine. If part of his routine goes wrong, his day goes horribly. For example, if he gets up and his coffee isn't ready exactly when it usually is, he gets pissed. He gets up every morning at the same time, takes a nap at the same time, eats at the same time, etc.

- He's good at getting under my skin and guilt tripping me JUST the right way to make me feel horrible.

- He wanted to major in Philosophy in school, and ended up taking it as a minor.

- He is very into professionalism. When I was a kid and he was in charge of telling me what I needed to wear, I was ALWAYS overdressed.

- He does nothing at the spur of the moment, and is afraid of changing routine. If I bring up an idea where every question of how it will be executed isn't answered right then and there, he tries to back away from it and dismiss it. He makes up nothing as he goes along. If I want to do something a different way than he wants to do it, it takes A LOT for him to accept my idea.

- He is perfectly content sitting and reading all day in his little room he made for himself.

- Unless it involved him directly, he was also very relaxed and care-free with concerns to what I did with my life. If it made me happy and was a smart decision, he'd let me do it. I'm in college now, and when I talk to him he still encourages me to go explore and try new activities.

Hopefully this is enough, I'll try to think of more or better facts to put down.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

*proceeds to post life story*..

Wait, what? ;)

First hunch is ISTJ, with slight possibility of INTJ.

Does he talk more about abstract/theoretical subjects or real, tangible stuff?

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Haha yeah that did end up being a life story in bullet form. Oh well, at least it's paragraphed!

Honestly I'm not sure if he's more into tangible or abstract. He likes philosophy a great deal, and he seems more "head in the clouds" than concrete.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't have much MBTI knowledge beyond the basics, so I'm curious to see if you guys can shed some light on a possible type.

- When he was young (teens), he was very outgoing. He played in several bands, had lots of friends, and I'm pretty sure he was popular in school. Now though, he has borderline social anxiety disorder. He literally gets sick if he is anticipating going someplace where he won't know anyone. Around people he knows, he is very outgoing

- His sense of humor is very similar to my own, although he doesn't joke with people unless he knows them well. He also seems to follow my train of thought well, something which most people try to do and then look at me like I'm an idiot. This could just be because he's known me so long though.

- He is very smart and quick-witted, and usually has some knowledge from a different perspective to lend to a situation.

- His job is basically the boss of the company, with the only people above him being the owners. The "boss" persona comes out a lot when I argue with him. He is very firm when dealing with conflicts, and to this date I can only think of a handful of times that I've gotten him to even bend his views. I could lay out reason after reason for my argument, and he would stand there and just repeat his point over and over again while talking over me. If he wants something done a certain way, it WILL be done that way.

- Despite the above, he is an EXTREMELY nice and caring person, although most people would never know it. Unless you know him very well he could easily come off as an uptight jerk type person, but nothing could be farther from the truth. I remember him saying that he had to fire someone the next day, and he'd been spending the whole day feeling horrible about the idea and bad for the guy (even though he deserved to be fired).

- He is not comfortable dealing with emotions. He seems to deal with them the same way that I do, actually. He rarely opens up and talks about feelings and emotions. For example: When my Grandfather on my Mom's side died, my Mom was looking for someone to help her through it. Unfortunately, both my Dad and I just weren't the ones for the job. My Dad tried, and did a deal of good, but I could tell that he was uncomfortable every second of it.

- He lives by exact routine. If part of his routine goes wrong, his day goes horribly. For example, if he gets up and his coffee isn't ready exactly when it usually is, he gets pissed. He gets up every morning at the same time, takes a nap at the same time, eats at the same time, etc.

- He's good at getting under my skin and guilt tripping me JUST the right way to make me feel horrible.

- He wanted to major in Philosophy in school, and ended up taking it as a minor.

- He is very into professionalism. When I was a kid and he was in charge of telling me what I needed to wear, I was ALWAYS overdressed.

- He does nothing at the spur of the moment, and is afraid of changing routine. If I bring up an idea where every question of how it will be executed isn't answered right then and there, he tries to back away from it and dismiss it. He makes up nothing as he goes along. If I want to do something a different way than he wants to do it, it takes A LOT for him to accept my idea.

- He is perfectly content sitting and reading all day in his little room he made for himself.

- Unless it involved him directly, he was also very relaxed and care-free with concerns to what I did with my life. If it made me happy and was a smart decision, he'd let me do it. I'm in college now, and when I talk to him he still encourages me to go explore and try new activities.

Hopefully this is enough, I'll try to think of more or better facts to put down.

ISTJ..My Dad has a lot of similar qualities...and I'm an ENTP like you. I relate to this a lot.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your Dad's name perhaps wouldn't be John would it? About 5'11", black hair, glasses...Wears a button-down shirts almost always, occasionally a sweater?

Just checking I mean...he never mentioned any other children of his...

Cenomite

Systematic chaos
MBTI Type
ENTP
Your Dad's name perhaps wouldn't be John would it? About 5'11", black hair, glasses...Wears a button-down shirts almost always, occasionally a sweater?

Just checking I mean...he never mentioned any other children of his...

Negative. Although I always wanted a secret brother