• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My turn, I guess..

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well..I've been here some time now and gotten to know several of you. And in that time, especially after I got on vent, I've been told often that I'm no ENFP. I think everyone pretty much agrees I'm an NF but beyond that, opinions seem to vary :)

Now, I identify mostly with ENFP, though I do recognize elements of myself in other NF-profiles as well. So I am curious as to what y'all think and why.

Some helpful stuff:

* My function order: Ne=Fi, closely followed by Fe and Ni, then Se, Ti, Si and last Te.

* Enneagram seems to be either 4, 2 or 7 depending on my mood

* Have a Masters in translation and am working on a degree in Animal Behaviorism

* Have an urge to gather knowledge and experience everything in life

* Love to play amateur-counsellor for friends and walking a mile in their shoes if possible

* prefer animals over people

* enjoy spending time alone, preferably in nature

* Absolutely love getting to know new, interesting people (why else am I here :D)

* aim to be open to everyones perspectives, but have very strong convictions and values I stick to (always a tight rope to balance)

* Practically live on my intuition and regret it whenever I choose to ignore it over 'common sense/reason'

* such a sensotard :D

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I never doubted you were an ENFP. What leads you to think you are not? Or is it just what other people say, that leads you to doubt your type?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never doubted you were an ENFP. What leads you to think you are not? Or is it just what other people say, that leads you to doubt your type.

Not so much doubting, more interested in why other people think differently and how many. And, as usual, I wanna keep an open mind to other perspectives :)

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well..I've been here some time now and gotten to know several of you. And in that time, especially after I got on vent, I've been told often that I'm no ENFP. I think everyone pretty much agrees I'm an NF but beyond that, opinions seem to vary :)

Now, I identify mostly with ENFP, though I do recognize elements of myself in other NF-profiles as well. So I am curious as to what y'all think and why.

Some helfpul stuff:

* My function order: Ne=Fi, closely followed by Fe and Ni, then Se, Ti, Si and last Te.

* Enneagram seems to be either 4, 2 or 7 depending on my mood

* Have a Masters in translation and am working on a degree in Animal Behaviorism

* Have an urge to gather knowledge and experience everything in life

* Love to play amateur-counsellor for friends and walking a mile in their shoes if possible

THESE TWO...
* prefer animals over people

* enjoy spending time alone, preferably in nature

...SEEM TO CONFLICT WITH THIS ONE???
* Absolutely love getting to know new, interesting people (why else am I here :D)

* aim to be open to everyones perspectives, but have very strong convictions and values I stick to (always a tight rope to balance)

* Practically live on my intuition and regret it whenever I choose to ignore it over 'common sense/reason'

* such a sensotard :D

Hey Amargith, We've not met and I'm no expert but I just read your above note and think it interesting so here I am opening my big mouth.

I bolded a few items of your post in the quote above. By chance when you tested, were you very low in "E?" If so I guess that makes that you have both traits of introversion/extroversion, most likely dependent on mood, and hence therein might be the difficulty to "nailing a type" to your personality?

Me, I tested 90 out of 100 in extroversion, and I exhibit zero introversion.

Nice to meet you, cheers! :cheese:

-Alex

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
hehe, well my E is the weakest yes, in tests. And I know it seems contradictory, but it's true. While I love meeting new people and finding out what makes them tick, people also have a dark side where they lie, cheat, can stab you in the back, hurt you and screw you over. It's also these experiences that make me wanna isolate myself and be alone. Animals will never do that, they'll just be themselves without putting up a facade. So yeah..I prefer them. People great, animals awesome ;)

And, likewise, nice to meet you, and tnx for responding :)

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
Hey Amargith, from what I can tell you are ENFP, function order is Ne and Fi, and the mile in another's perspective, living off intuition, it definantly seems like you have strong Ne. You are a good counsellor, can intuit well perspectives and contexts. Also ENFPs are meant to be the introvert of the extroverts from what I have read. The introversion/extroversion percentage can vary quite a lot in each individual type aswell. I also think from your posts, you are ENFP, hope this helps. :)

G

garbage

from what I can tell you are ENFP

:yes:

Not so much doubting, more interested in why other people think differently and how many. And, as usual, I wanna keep an open mind to other perspectives :)

and this pretty much hammers it home

contradictions

Nah, I don't think they're contradictions at all. One can love animals and time alone in nature but also like meeting new people.

Also, NFs seem to be chock full of internal contradictions regardless :D

Anyway, most of that stuff describes me, too.. including the "contradictions" above. None of it screams, say, NFJ, at least..

and as someone who's been a ENFP for a very, very long time now, I know another one when I see one.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're a calm ENFP. You don't act up too much on vent like a lot of the other ENFPs do. But still, you're ENFP.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
As another borderline ENFP, I have to say I identify with the things you write a great deal more. I doubted my type not because I doubted if it fit me, but I haven't done enough research to make a firm 100% judgement on it. My Enneagram seems to not correlate well with ENFP types mostly, but many of the things you wrote above I definitely take as my own ways as well :yes:

I too am absolutely comfortable both in isolation/witin nature and during social times. I never feel too sad or withdrawn if I have spouts of either, but social situations wear on me much faster than enjoying my time outdoors. Animals I've always felt a connection with, and while I'm not the sort that refuses to eat them when my body was designed for it, I do respect them and adore them.

:) I hope you find yourself a bit more comfortable eventually.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
ENFP fits perfectly with your cognitive function order. Both of your perceiving functions test higher as extroverted functions and your judging ones test higher as introverted functions, so you are certainly a P. I've read a lot of your posts and NF is evident. Online it's difficult to determine E or I, so I can't help you there.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yep enfp with a low e and high f

d@v3

Perfect Gentleman! =D
MBTI Type
ISTJ
I think you are an ENFP Amar! :yes: But in my opinion, I think you are borderline I/E, but it seems like the E may be stronger than the I, if only even a tiny bit stronger. I would say you are a P too.

So it looks like you are stuck with your ENFPness! :devil:

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Yeah, you definitely seem like an -NFP. Probably I.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Definitely ENFP. We need our alone time too, just not as much as the introverts do. And animals and nature kick ass - I could spend all day wandering around outside by myself, but that doesn't make me an INFP.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I dunno about ENFPs but I don't like animals. They are stupid and they smell. More so than people.