• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Am I a sensor or intuitive?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Say a man is born blind. He is operated on. The operation is successful. He still cannot see.
Hence you do not see with your eyes but with your brain.
You first have to learn to look before you can see?

You can see with your intuition but it does not help much in the physical world.
You first have to look. Then you see the physical world.

Perception is about optics.
But there are two exclusive ways to perceive.

The S sees what it looks at.
The N looks at what it sees.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I think that I have pretty good social skills these days, but they were hard-earned to be sure. I'm surprised that the INTJs you know are so talkative; I was thinking about it the other day, and I would say that while I'm not shy or soft-spoken, the amount which I speak would probably betray my introverted nature to someone on the look-out for such things.

Well the thing that does tip me off that someone is an INTJ is that they prefer to keep to themselves most of the time, and in many social settings they will keep quiet and not say much. But if you get an INTJ talking about something work related, then it's like you've opened a pandora's box and they can keep talking forever about what they're doing and what they're planning on doing. They are also like this about anything which they've put a lot of planning into, but it usually shows up in something work related.

I think the extraverted feel comes from the INTJ "driven" nature to accomplish their goals. For example there is a guy at my work who while I don't know particularly well, I am fairly certain that he is INTJ. He almost always stays in his office, but if you peek in while he's working he seems to have lots of energy and drive toward whatever he's working on (staring intently at the computer screen, typing quickly and never seeming to tire). When he is outside of his office he walks quickly and talks quickly and with lots of energy and drive in order to accomplish his goals. He was given a company wide award, because he designed and completed a very impressive computer program almost entirely by himself and in record time. The one time I've talked to him about something non-work related he didn't want to talk about something "normal" like family or sports. Instead he talked about his former obsession with bean counting contests and the system he'd developed for winning the most contests in the most efficient manner. Basically everthing he does says "Hi, I'm an INTJ" and that driven, work-related energy is part of the package. I believe that is what gives INTJ's the extraverted feeling even though they usually prefer to keep to themselves.

INFJ's I believe are more deceptive, because their energy usually comes from relationships rather than work related tasks. Because of that it can be very hard to distinguish one from an extraverted feeler until you get to know them fairly well.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I thought ISTJs were the bean counters!

ygolo

My termites win
I thought ISTJs were the bean counters!

I am an IxxP, an I like estimation too.

I think "bean counting" as a figurative expression can apply to ISTJs. They can be quite exacting. But that is a good thing in most of the situations they find themselves in.

ygolo

My termites win
Yeah, also, you have to remember that the S vs. N is a gradient and thus you're going to have overlap; it's just a preference.

For instance, as an INTJ, I am pretty well balanced on these descriptors.

SENSING............................INTUITIVE

Concrete...........................Abstract
- Literal..........................- Figurative
- Tangible.........................- Symbolic
- Likes exact facts................- Likes original ideas

Realistic..........................Imaginative
- Sensible.........................- Ingenious
- Matter of fact...................- Imaginative
- Focuses on effectiveness.........- Focuses on novelty

Practical..........................Inferential
- Pragmatic........................- Scholarly
- Results-oriented.................- Ideas-oriented
- Enjoys applied interests.........- Enjoys knowledge for its own sake

Experiential.......................Theoretical
- Realistic........................- Conceptual
- Empirical........................- Big picture
- Facts are valuable experiences...- Facts make patterns

Traditional.........................Original
- Conventional......................- Unconventional
- Accepting.........................- Idiosyncratic
- Values established institutions...- Values inventiveness

My suggestion: try reading a bunch of the specific 1/16 descriptors (as in, a few different explanations of each type) and seeing what you really identify with. I really like the murraystate explanations.

False dichotomies!

Other than for

Conventional......................- Unconventional

and maybe

- Literal..........................- Figurative

I don't think any of the other pairs are "opposites" or "require balancing".

Keep in mind the Hegelian Dialectic.

Dialectic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Sensor types habitually action oriented and tends to be practical. Intuitors are habitually more "theoretical" oriented.
If you want to determine whether you are sensor or intuitor, you should ask yourself, how do you usually undergo your habitual life?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
If you read only the MBTI, you'll get confused. You have to read also Psychological Types, by Carl Jung. Myers Briggs MBTI is actually an extension of Carl Jung Psychological Types. Myers wishes to make Jung Psychological Types more accessible for people who are not familiar with psychology. However, despite myers sucess, the testing instrument Myers developed seems to be oversimplified.

What I am writing here is arealdy explained in Psychological Types. However, Some are findings from my own research.
Sensor types habitually action oriented and tends to be practical. Intuitors are habitually more "theoretical" oriented.
Intuitor types usually reads books like (novel, textbooks), a lot or write a lot or both.
Sensor are more observant. Intuitor may discover themselves in daydreaming.
It is important to note tat The basic psychological function sensor or intuitor do not work alone. They work in conjunction with one of the judging function.
It is also important to note one the psychological functions works as Primary function and Auxiliary function. The primary function is the master, and the auxiliary function as a supporting function cannot work independently.
Extroverted sensor and introverted sensor works differently. Introverted sensor auxiliary in conjunction with extroverted judger as a principal tends to be action orientated person. Sensor is usually interested in news: they are interested in what is happening right now?, They want to use the news as their basis of taking action.
Introverted sensor-extroverted judger, as I can see in Isabel Briggs Myers (identification: INFP) tend not to be action oriented. Si-Te in Isabel Briggs Myers is arguably resulted in the scientific test of MBTI. in other words, The MBTI test is a product of Isabel Briggs Myers Si-Te.

Introvert judging behaves differently with extroverted judging.

Sensor types tends to be more accepted and hence more financially successful in professional life, because they are naturally energetic in conforming to professionalism principle in a strictly practical interpretation. Sensor types tends to be good at making money.
Intuitor may face a challenge in professional life like working in a company.

If you want to determine whether you are sensor type or intuitor type, you should ask yourself, how do you usually undergo your habitual life?

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Whether you are sensor type or intuitor type depends on how you use sensing like sight, hearing, smell, touch, taste instead of intuition.
You could ask the same question but got different answers.

If there were two person one is intuitive type and one is sensor type that I asked the same question: Do you know Carl Jung?, and Carl jung was still alive, these two event could happen:

A sensor type would answer (if he/she knew), that Carl Jung would be a tall man, with mustache, and always seen smoking pipe.
An intuitor type would answer (if he/she knew), that Carl Jung was a psychiatrist who was also an author of Psychological Types.

A sensor type answer with what his/her senses tell him/her, which was seen for him/her, while an intuitor type will answer with Jung's role, who was he acted as, which is intuitive.
Back to your question : are you a sensor type or an intuitor type depends on your answer to the same question i raised to the two persons. So, Try asking yourself whether you know Carl Jung?, and try checking your answer.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
Sensor types tend to be easily found practicing, training/exercising, taking actions, experimenting, observing, reporting, while intuitor types tend to be easily found reading, writing, theorizing, daydreaming.
Sensor types likes to make a policy, tend to easily have political sentiment.

The Cat

Just a Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads
Staff member
but which prefers crunchy and which prefers smooth peanut butter...

The Cat

Staff member
Go to your room.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Then get off the internet, you're supposed to be grounded. :nono:

giphy.gif

The Cat

Staff member

Please, I invented that move. Now don't make me get the rubber hose. Grounded means no phones, no lights, no motor cars--not a single luxury.

The Cat

Staff member
Like Robinson Crusoe?

I will turn this car around and drive you right back to the aslyum. (I changed the bit, now we're escaped lunatics on the run in the 1930's My name is Danial Carsgrove, a writer from Innesmouth, I was hoping to avoid certain...obligations, by travelling abroad. I've been thinking about home a lot lately, if I think about it too much, I loose time, and people get hurt. I can still see their ghosts following me. No one believe me.

Except you, my accomplice, Skipps O'Shea; the idealistic daughter of a local coal magnate, you refused to play by daddy's rules, so you're out in the dark world, without family ties at all, apart from tense concersations with your mother where both of you hold back tears and try to be business as usual but she'll never ask you to come home because she's secretly proud of you for standing up to your father, and also you're one of the night nurses on my ward. You poisoned the entire night staff to stage an escape. And now we're fugatives both fleeing)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will turn this car around and drive you right back to the aslyum. (I changed the bit, now we're escaped lunatics on the run in the 1930's My name is Danial Carsgrove, a writer from Innesmouth, I was hoping to avoid certain...obligations, by travelling abroad. I've been thinking about home a lot lately, if I think about it too much, I loose time, and people get hurt. I can still see their ghosts following me. No one believe me.

Except you, my accomplice, Skipps O'Shea; the idealistic daughter of a local coal magnate, you refused to play by daddy's rules, so you're out in the dark world, without family ties at all, apart from tense concersations with your mother where both of you hold back tears and try to be business as usual but she'll never ask you to come home because she's secretly proud of you for standing up to your father, and also you're one of the night nurses on my ward. You poisoned the entire night staff to stage an escape. And now we're fugatives both fleeing)

Of course. I was wondering when we'd get to this.

We should turn around, not to go back to the asylum, no. But because I know of a cabin to hide in 20 miles the other side of the asylum. They think we're headed west... let's head east. No one has used that cabin in decades... it's on an unmarked road in the hills.

The Cat

Staff member
Of course. I was wondering when we'd get to this.

We should turn around, not to go back to the asylum, no. But because I know of a cabin to hide in 20 miles the other side of the asylum. They think we're headed west... let's head east. No one has used that cabin in decades... it's on an unmarked road in the hills.