• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I can't make up my mind!

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I don't know how many of you have formed an opinion about me.. but if you have, what type do you think I am? Besides INFP? I'm not even sure of myself anymore.. :huh:

If you don't know me, feel free to make assumptions anyway :D

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I know how you feel, I can never make up my mind completely about that last letter of mine.

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah... I can't make up my mind on T/F most of the time. Sometimes S creeps in there, but I'm pretty sure I'm not an S based on my behavior.. maybe it's just because the S/N distinction isn't defined clearly enough anyway. I'm pretty sure about my N-ness though. My I and P are pretty clear.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, don't just look at the letters by themselves. They stand for the cognitive processes. If you're sure of N and P, then you probably have an extraverted iNtuition preference. So what's left to sort through is Fi vs Ti. (And a definite S and T preference, you're looking at Si/Te vs Ti/Se)

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It should be a personality trait that INFPs debate their type. You are an INFP, don't deny it. We are different from others, I use logic but am still an F. I'm pretty organized in life but I'm still a P. I'm pretty grounded in the real world but I'm still an N. Etc. You are INFP, just give it up. :tongue:

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
I have to agree with blackcat, though I don't know you too well.
Personally, I have enough p traits that I wasn't sure initially. Does the overall type description fit? Does it feel right?

Kuro

It should be a personality trait that INFPs debate their type. You are an INFP, don't deny it. We are different from others, I use logic but am still an F. I'm pretty organized in life but I'm still a P. I'm pretty grounded in the real world but I'm still an N. Etc. You are INFP, just give it up. :tongue:

1. How many real INFP have you identified have argued their type? Say, if you are so sure that you are an INFP, have you debated your type ever? Have every INFP debated that? One single expectation can prove a theory wrong.

2. Do the sense of wanting to be different have things to do with debating type? If one just wants to make things clear and to find one's true self, there has nothing to do with the desire of being special or unique or such kind of nonsense. Or if poster really wants to prove his/her uniqueness, I'll shut up in this thread.

3. You alone being total contradictory to your type in daily life doesn't mean that everyone is the same way as yours. Also, "because I do / think / feel in this way" is not a reasonable argument in supporting your view points.

You are definitely an INFP who seems and wants to be logical.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. How many real INFP have you identified have argued their type? Say, if you are so sure that you are an INFP, have you debated your type ever? Have every INFP debated that? One single expectation can prove a theory wrong.

2. Do the sense of wanting to be different have things to do with debating type? If one just wants to make things clear and to find one's true self, there has nothing to do with the desire of being special or unique or such kind of nonsense. Or if poster really wants to prove his/her uniqueness, I'll shut up in this thread.

3. You alone being total contradictory to your type in daily life doesn't mean that everyone is the same way as yours. Also, "because I do / think / feel in this way" is not a reasonable argument in supporting your view points.

You are definitely an INFP who seems and wants to be logical.

1. Every INFP I know either thinks they are a secret INTP or a secret INFJ or something else totally different. But in the end they stick with INFP. I've always debated my type, but in the end I realized how futile it was to deny yourself of who you really are. I thought I was an INTP or INXP. I'm just another INFP in this world.

2. I think in MBTI the sense of uniqueness you get is from taking the enneagram and the cognitive functions test. That separates you from most other people of your type. I do want to be different, I really do. I hate being a feeler, I feel trapped and tortured by my emotions and feelings all the time. That's actually interesting to think about, acting different because you want to be different. That in it's own is false, you can't escape who you really are.

3. My basis for what I said comes from simply that a lot of the INFPs on this forum and on other websites debate their type all the time, there is also an entire website dedicated to INFJ VS INFP to those of us who are confused.

Also I do strive to be logical, I strive to be balanced in the way I say things. Most of the things I say come from my heart, but I filter that through logic and then type it out.

Kuro

1. Every INFP I know either thinks they are a secret INTP or a secret INFJ or something else totally different. But in the end they stick with INFP. I've always debated my type, but in the end I realized how futile it was to deny yourself of who you really are. I thought I was an INTP or INXP. I'm just another INFP in this world.

2. I think in MBTI the sense of uniqueness you get is from taking the enneagram and the cognitive functions test. That separates you from most other people of your type. I do want to be different, I really do. I hate being a feeler, I feel trapped and tortured by my emotions and feelings all the time. That's actually interesting to think about, acting different because you want to be different. That in it's own is false, you can't escape who you really are.

3. My basis for what I said comes from simply that a lot of the INFPs on this forum and on other websites debate their type all the time, there is also an entire website dedicated to INFJ VS INFP to those of us who are confused.

Also I do strive to be logical, I strive to be balanced in the way I say things. Most of the things I say come from my heart, but I filter that through logic and then type it out.

1. Yup, if even every real INFP would debate their type, the reverse will not be always true. You cannot see someone debating their type then conclude that s/he is an INFP.

2. Then it's you who wants to prove that you're unique. But you cannot because so and thinks every one typing themselves INXX / INXP to retain possibilities also want to be someone different and special.

3. Again, a lot of such cases cannot make it a definite rule. One single exception can rule that out.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wasn't being literal that EVERY INFP will debate it, I was just saying it's common. :tongue:

Jeremy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
I wasn't being literal that EVERY INFP will debate it, I was just saying it's common. :tongue:

Yeah, it is pretty common. I'd say it is more likely.. but I think it's typical to us mostly because of the fact that we try to find the truth in everything, and especially in ourselves. Cause if we understand ourselves, we understand the world. And that's why we're afraid of sticking to one personality description. It seems waaaay too final for that.

I guess if I was an INTP I'd tell myself how stupid it is to keep second-guessing my type. :wubbie: J is DEFINITELY not me though. My extraverted judging functions are pretty damn rusty... doesn't stop me from getting my lovely Te axe out every once and awhile and having a good debate with someone though. They get tetanus after, and NEVER FORGET ME. HAHA. I've been making myself more extroverted by consciously doing so (I have no choice in the matter you see), but I'd still rather spend my night playing video games, reading the internet, or reading a good book than, you know, meeting people and socializing. Unless they're cool with spending time inside and just chilling, playing some video games. Yeah.

Thanks for the help guys!