• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP?

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Argue. For, against. etc.

Or :hug: if you are an ENFP :).

Hmm, no one took the bait. Or hugged instead of arguing. Though I did get a star :). Must've been good work...

A few people in last few days suggested I was an ENTP. So I was looking for a consensus again now that I've posted more.

I confirmed again today that I'm ENFP though. But interestingly enough I fit about 80% of the ENTP profile as well. So maybe I'm a T biased ENFP, but definitely not an ENXP. My function order Ne Fi Te seems perfectly correct and comes out quite clearly in daily life and the way I approach things.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hmm, no one took the bait. Or hugged instead of arguing. Though I did get a star :). Must've been good work...

A few people in last few days suggested I was an ENTP. So I was looking for a consensus again now that I've posted more.

I confirmed again today that I'm ENFP though. But interestingly enough I fit about 80% of the ENTP profile also. So maybe a T biased ENFP, but definitely not an ENXP. My function order Ne Fi Te seems perfectly correct and comes out quite clearly in daily life and the way I approach things.

Yeah, I could myself as an ENTP myself, if I weren't such a nice guy ;)

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeah, I could myself as an ENTP myself, if I weren't such a nice guy ;)

Well that's what my mum said when she read the profile for both. She got half way through ENTP and said "That's not you! When you argue you have a stake in it on a deeper emotional level. It affects you. It isn't just a novelty." And I asked her if this was always, and she said "yes, since you were born."

All she disagreed with on ENFP was "gushy", cos I tend to be pretty sincere and fluent, unless excited :).

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can tell you one thing - my mom would never describe me as gushy either. Never in a million years. And I don't think I am, most of the time. Still, I do act gushy sometimes when I'm fooling around.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
guy/girl thing maybe? :hug:

hjomn

MBTI Type
ENfP
I totally third my ENFP brethren on the gushiness;).... Brrr, really gushy people really irritate me.

Ghehe, slightly gushy women are cool though:hug:, as long as its not very insincere and they do it to receive some attention they need;). If so, it's rather endearing:newwink:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...i can be gushy...but it's sincere...and leave me alone about it! :devil:

Qre:us

So maybe I'm a T biased ENFP, but definitely not an ENXP.

That may very well be the case. I think there's a prejudice that if one is interested in the sciences & maths (and good at it), then they must be preferring T over F. I think this is more of a short-sightedness regarding the whole spectrum of utilizing functions (and effectively). With MBTI, most people want to fit a type stereotype. To prove they are that type. Not have a type be applicable to them.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bows deeply:tongue10:...

Alright...:yes:

As long as you don't expect me to be all gushy:devil:...
haha...bows deeply? huh?

but yeah not all the time but i can be if i really like something/one but it shouldn't be assumed all enfp's are.

hjomn

MBTI Type
ENfP
haha...bows deeply? huh?

but yeah not all the time but i can be if i really like something/one but it shouldn't be assumed all enfp's are.

Yes, bows deeply as referring to showing my agreement/humility and the little smiley behind it emphasizing I definitely didn't really mean that:alttongue:

Exactly! Being gushy is only good/acceptable when people actually mean it.

Isn't that actually with everything including intelligence, self-confidence etc? Nothing is a bigger turnoff than people who fake things, whatever it may be. Ghehe, must be a personal value thing of mine and most other ENFPs:newwink:

MBTI Type
INxJ
That may very well be the case. I think there's a prejudice that if one is interested in the sciences & maths (and good at it), then they must be preferring T over F. I think this is more of a short-sightedness regarding the whole spectrum of utilizing functions (and effectively). With MBTI, most people want to fit a type stereotype. To prove they are that type. Not have a type be applicable to them.

Agreed.

I know two ISFJ scientists. For real.

OP: You're an F. That's what I gather from your posts on the forum.