• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, ENFP, INTP?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're not infj...imo.

they think through their words pretty well and their posts seem more precise...don't mean that in a bad way...obviously but compare my style to that and then yours. :D

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
I would think I'm an infj, since i tested as one for so long, except for these few points:
1. I am not at all sure when I'm right
2. I'm good with language and expressing myself (writing and talking)
3. INFJs seem like really fantastic (perfect?) people and I'm pretty flawed. Also, it would seem arrogant to claim it, because it's so rare and special.
4. I'm not secretive. I hate secrets.
5. When I was on the infj forum I got annoyed pretty fast with how judgy most people were and how they would just say things 'were' instead of looking at stuff from multiple perspectives and being open to the possiblity they could be wrong. They hardly ever qualified their reasoning.

erin, I see your point, I used to get into loads of trouble in my writing workshops because the scenes were just kind of thrown in without a lot of order or linear...ness. Oh, and the other thing is lately...people have been telling me I 'inspire' them to do stuff. That's what started me on thinking maybe I wasn't an infp, because 'inspire' seems to be a word connected with the enfp (though I have no idea *how* I 'inspire' anything).

Last edited:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
are you jokey?

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
um...yes?(I just imed a friend [esfp] about it and she said yes I am)...but not...in a calculated kind of way. More like...it kind of explodes through my mostly-seriousness every few hours. like...this confettii explosion of goofy-jokeyness that dissapears as quickly as it came. But, I'm not a class clown or anything.

Wait, does that make sense?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
you're enfp...i think. :)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Thank you for trying, Chrisinorbit, but...according to *that* then, I'm an infp because "settling conflicts" within myself and between others is paramount to me. BUT, I can can become firey when I feel that someone is not...treated properly. i.e. the only time I ever yelled at the office staff at my school was when a boy tried to commit suicide in my class and they wanted to blow it off as nothing. I was frantic that the kid needed help and was possibly being abused at home (he was 8 years old) and furious that they'd think it was just a 'whim' to be dismissed. I also refer back to the whole saving worms thing. I also tried to save birds, squirrels, and turtles, and lizards. I have a lot of 'soap boxes' as they say.

That sounds like a typical INFP to me then. I don't think I was completly clear but ENFPs and INFPs are alot alike. In the book the ENFPs main role is champion and INFPs main role is healer. But because they are so similar these roles show up in both characters. What matters most is which one you exhibit most. An INFP would be just as you described in wanting to harmonize whether that be internally or externally, but they would still champion causes though to a lesser extent than their ENFP cousins. From your information I really think you may be an INFP... I've never really seen a ENFP test as an INFJ though it would be entirely possible.

I should also mention that INFPs are notorious for having a hard time typing themselves. Take all this information as you will. I just hope it helps. =)

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you, all this actually does help. I plan to not change my type title but assume that I"m an ambivert who may possibly be just a bit on the enfp side but who is not quite sure.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
FWIW, you come across more ENFP online than INFP. There's an energetic vibe to how you write.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
We're just trying to lure her over aren't we hahaha!! you won't be able to resist!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
must.....resist....enfp....magnatism..... :D

deleted
Yeah, well... there are supposed extroverts on here who have no alleged "vibe"

*vanishes*

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Being able to express yourself online in any particular way is not indicative of extraversion or introversion.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
(there is even an emoticon in your signature :newwink:)

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
so,I took this test on my introverted versus extroverted funtions, and my primary functions are in line with Enfp but it thought overall I must be infp. It said that if I wasn't infp I was probably enfp or intp. Anyway, here was the score, maybe it'll shed difinitive light? Or...maybe not. It's worth a try (good lord I could go for a scone with peanut butter creame right now):

extraverted Sensing (Se)*
****************************(26.3)
average use

introverted Sensing (Si)*
*********************************(31)
good use

extraverted Intuiting (Ne)*
*****************************************(39.4)
excellent use

introverted Intuiting (Ni)*
************************************(34.1)
good use

extraverted Thinking (Te)*
*********************(20)
limited use

introverted Thinking (Ti)*
******************************(28.3)
average use

extraverted Feeling (Fe)*
*****************************(27.1)
average use

introverted Feeling (Fi)*
************************************(34.4)
good use

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't see any reason that you don't fit within the ENFP range. You could be an iNFP, but I think you seem more N dominant than F dominant... and you kind of remind me of an ENFP I know who had developed Te.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
hmmm, very interesting. The only questions I have then, are...Why is resolving myself, and understanding myself, and bettering myself, like, and *obsessive* thing with me? And...Why aren't people drawn to me? And...why is it that I don't like clubbing or concerts or big crowds mulling around? Why it is I'm so bad at getting 'plugged in' with people or groups?
friends say: "you inspire me to...."
"maybe people don't like being around you because you look at them like you see them and could list out every one of their faults if they asked"
"when your class starts it's like watching an actor step onto stage"
"people would be more likely to talk to you if you actually used small talk"
"you think too much"
"you seem very comfortable contemplating the morbid"
"I might talk more if you weren't so smart"
:D I seem to have a gift for recieving backhanded compliments.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
What's notable about you other than your utterly mysterious personality type?