• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, ENFP, INTP?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea about the sexy rumour... Erina started it when she posted some picks... and your right there is nothing else good to say about us hahaha

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
not true missie...stfu!! :D

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
hmm, when I was a child I probably would have tested ENFJ/P (lol, very ADHD, had to take meds for it, tended to wander off, was late to *everything*, thought the best stuff were the things with the most colors in them, would talk to everyone at 60 miles a minute, got bored easily with friends and would wander off to sit by myself in the closet for hours, loved art and science, tended to wander around the school yard making up stories and muttering to myself, liked to collect shiny things, very smart, very spirited, wanted to *save* everything, was known for going out in rain storms to pick up the worms in the gutter so they wouldn't drown), in my teens I tested INFJ (hardly talked, scribbled in note pads a lot, would freak out about breaking the rules, very very specific in my language use, definitely ocd, was distrustful of everyone, very smart, very abstract, willing to argue every point, thought everything I thought was right, had a thousand judgment opinions on everyone, was very secretive, usually only had one or two friends, never felt like I fit in, did a lot of community service, very intuitive and spiritually aware, didn't feel peer pressure but was terrified of people getting mad at me). Now I'm....a lot like I was as a kid, minus the opinions about everyone's value.

The *problem* with that is that I'm from a dysfunctional home, and both my parents are high Js, so there's no guarantee that most of my youth didn't show me as part shadow of my true personality. I also had untreated clinical depression until about half-way through college (which I *know* will change a person's personality).

Could I just be an xNFP?
So, what do you all think?

btw, when I took the test in the book Please Understand me II the only definitive thing I got was that I'm an NF.

...did you actually read the book? :newwink:

I actually gained a great understanding of all the temperaments, and quite a few of the types. The difference between INFP and ENFP seem minimal but on the whole ENFPs are more likely to chamipon causes they believe in (being vegetarian, speaking out against the man... all that fun stuff)

INFPs are usually more interested, according to Please Understand Me II, in settling conflicts within themselves and between others.

Hope that helps.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I wish I knew what stfu is... but I bet it's funny... I am so not in the internet lingo loop

oh...for future reference then... SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! haha
sc0877dq.gif

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh ok... well um... yea... But thanks for letting me know cos I thought it mite have been naughty or something *Sighs*

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Thank you for trying, Chrisinorbit, but...according to *that* then, I'm an infp because "settling conflicts" within myself and between others is paramount to me. BUT, I can can become firey when I feel that someone is not...treated properly. i.e. the only time I ever yelled at the office staff at my school was when a boy tried to commit suicide in my class and they wanted to blow it off as nothing. I was frantic that the kid needed help and was possibly being abused at home (he was 8 years old) and furious that they'd think it was just a 'whim' to be dismissed. I also refer back to the whole saving worms thing. I also tried to save birds, squirrels, and turtles, and lizards. I have a lot of 'soap boxes' as they say.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
lol, my thread is derailiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnng.

sorry I'm not making typing me easy on you all.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
^^ briochick...it IS confusing i know! i save insects though...even flies...a fly landed in the sink and i saved it. i kill mosquitos though...hate them lil fuckers. :)

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
^^ briochick...it IS confusing i know! i save insects though...even flies...a fly landed in the sink and i saved it. i kill mosquitos though...hate them lil fuckers. :)

Well, that's democratic!

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
infj what-huh? is that supposed to be my true type? why? how?....huh?

lol, I hate mosquitoes too. My mom always taught me that outside you weren't to kill things because it was *their* home, and inside you could kill them all because it was *your* home. lol. I will sometimes save spiders, always safe grasshoppers and ladybugs and praying mantises, never centipeeds (they FREAK. ME. OUT.). Flies, well, that depends on whether or not they've taken up residence around my head. but, like, if something lands in water I feel bad, and like I should save it.

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah, it's your type. Just read the description for it, you'd know.

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I understand being confused about E/I - my brother in law is, some people really are more in the middle about it. I would read both descriptions and really look at what you think and feel. You sound ENFP but an INFP can sound more extroverted online.

It's funny to see people say stuff about ENFPs, we are usually well liked in rl. People can be "themselves" around us and we bring out the weird in even the most straight forward personalities. It's all in how you put it, people could make any personality sound bad.

I think you are an ENFP. They really are different, look at the descriptions.
Portrait of an ENFP
Portrait of an INFP
Portrait of an INFJ

ENFP = all about people.
INFP = inner world.
INFJ = very intense and creative

I personally am not sure you are an introvert with how you described yourself as a kid. You sound like a ENFP who was told her strong points weren't strong points. It's a struggle because people don't "get" it. I had an S family, I was confused too :p

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yeah...good points elaur and irl we really do get on well with people...

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
ok, is that website what we should be taking as the primary/best descriptor for the personality types, because if I look at this website I'm an infj. But if I look at the one you suggested I'm not.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
A week or so ago I made a Portrait of a BRIO. I mix-n-matched other personality descriptions to make it. I don't know if reading it would a. help pinpoint my type b. confuse all of us more c. waste your time but feel free to d. have a go at it.