• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INFP, ENFP, INTP?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...But would you find yourself actively leaving the company of others (particularly friends) in order to do so?

That was my point. Not the cupboard-thing itself.

oh no...i liked company...just overactive imagination when i was alone, i guess.

TheJimbo

MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
3w4
Here's a simpler rationale:

[tl;dr rationale block] The main three types she was considering, as per the title, were INTP, INFP, and ENFP. Having gone to a discussion board to query others, it's likely that she's extensively read and meditated upon the three type's descriptions and feel that all three fit her equally, though they may apply to different moods or aspects of personality, and that all three are about equal, otherwise she would have gone with the most prevalent choice. [/rationale]

...Given her three type candidates fit her equally, INFP is the rational choice because it's smack-dab in the middle of the other two.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
see...that's why we need you kids...makes sense to me. :D

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
Here's a simpler rationale:

[tl;dr rationale block] The main three types she was considering, as per the title, were INTP, INFP, and ENFP. Having gone to a discussion board to query others, it's likely that she's extensively read and meditated upon the three type's descriptions and feel that all three fit her equally, though they may apply to different moods or aspects of personality, and that all three are about equal, otherwise she would have gone with the most prevalent choice. [/rationale]

...Given her three type candidates fit her equally, INFP is the rational choice because it's smack-dab in the middle of the other two.

:hug:

To respond to other ideas presented:
I went through extensive and intesive therapy for nearly two years so I'm pretty convinced that even though I still have a few issues (don't mention commitment around me, I'll run away) they're not enough to *cloud* my innate personality.

Also, that is exactly how/why I came to the board. I'd read all the desciptions, multiple times, from multiple resources.

And, finaly, it is very very possible that ADHD in an infp could make the infp appear enfp.

feel free to say more if you have anything more to say. I'm loving hearing and considering all this discussion around it.

Also, so, what then would an iNFP with ADHD *be*?

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I personally find it fascinating that your posts are sometimes formatted with upper / lowercase and others all lowercase. I don't know if that means anything ... ;)

And you may note I have an ongoing thread of a similar theme, so perhaps I am no expert, but you "sound" more like the ENFPs posting all around than an INFP to me. I have typed as INFP many times, and recently came to question it upon reading some additional info on ENFP. What has settled my mind back to INFP is the energy thread that's going on right now.

Maybe it will help: INFP vs. ENFP reasons for needing time alone.

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
the fact is, I'm coming to realize that I'm an infp who *acts* like an enfp. I think my ADHD has well and truly made me an ambivert.

Eh, prime example: when I was a cashier at my uni's senior cafe I LOVED it. (lol, as for the upper case lower case that could have to do with how much of a hurry I'm in, or how tired I am, oooor it could mean that I'm insane... :D muahahahahaha) But, during my breaks I generally didn't want anyone to talk to me or sit with me, except maybe one close friend. Or, if I realy wanted to get to know someone or didn't want to appear anti-social I would ablige others and sit with them, but mostly I sat by myself, or went on a computer, or pretended to read a book. When the parachurch group I was with said that in order to be a good Christian your door should always be open and you should never eat alone (geez, I wonder if *they* were Es :p) I flipped out. I could not concieve of functioning if I didn't get those times to recharge. Now, when I was working I acted like an extrovert, but when I was done working I didn't realy want to be around more than 1 person or I'd feel angry and overwhelmed.

but thank you for your input and opinion, they are much appriciated.

Last edited:

briochick

half-nut member
MBTI Type
eNFP
Enneagram
;)
Instinctual Variant
sx
since I already beat the dead horse I figured I'd find a few ways to skin a cat.
I'm on holiday in Busan right now (absolutely beautiful city btw, everyone should visit). First, I decided to leave home on holiday and go to the furthest city I could without leaving the country. Second, I chose hostels to say in. I *always* choose hostels, and you know, it never bothers me. Or rather, the people being around me never bothers me. It's kind of communal living. I talk a lot to one or two of them at a time, and then I'm quite for a few hours, and start talking again, or leave to wander around for a few hours, and come back to talk. I don't mind sharing the remote or hearing someone snore. I don't mind hair on the floor that's not mine or waiting for internet access. It frustrates me when this irish girl was talking about countries involving themselves in other countrie's wars and all I wanted to do was hit my head on the table because when *I* hear the word 'war' I think "two people fighthing" with one usually being the bully. And, in my opinion if I saw that on the street and didn't involve myself to try and stop it I would be a horrible person. Obviously she didn't see it that way and I couldn't find a way to breach it so I kept my mouth shut but it was really hard. Right, anyway, people. I'm on holiday, why aren't I in a hotel? In a hotel there would be no people. Yeah, it's cheaper here but there's also...something I like. Want to resolve conflicts, don't like forced interaction, don't like interacting with large groups or being in crowds for more than an hour or two, don't mind people and sharing life with people, don't like going out with people, like traveling....I. am. so. freaking. confusing. On a pleasanter note I'm half way through a new book and finished the last. :D

but yeah, this is just an observation.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Guess being an introverted NF is confusing because overall you will still want to be involved with people and around them.

scattershot

MBTI Type
ENFP
Ooh - I love hostels! Stayed in my first one this summer and I will never get a hotel room again. New people to talk to every day and no lasting commitment...it's an ENFP's dream. :D

I talk a lot to one or two of them at a time, and then I'm quite for a few hours, and start talking again, or leave to wander around for a few hours, and come back to talk.

Oddly enough, that's exactly what I did throughout my entire hostel stay. I'm not a very loud or outgoing ENFP, though. I tend to sit back in a corner and observe people until I find someone who looks particularly interesting.

Sounds like you're still getting plenty of time to yourself, so I don't think enjoying the hostel experience necessarily conflicts with you being an INFP. INFPs are still social, just not all the time. Part of it could just be because you're on vacation and want a bit more entertainment than usual.

Thanks for posting this - gave me some nice hostel flashbacks. :)