• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

type this person, please

heart

heart on fire
Edit: Yes, I admit, I've had negative experiences with said person, so yeah i'm biased.

This person perplexes me, so many things seem to contridict.

Loves her husband with fierce loyalty.

Very family orientated and thinks all people should have large families like on the Waltons.

Loves her children very much, wants them to succeed in school etc.

Likes to bake and cook.

very protective of children and geniunely cares for them. Enjoys taking care of children very much.

Strong opinions

many acqauntainces no very close friends

complains when things are too quiet

always accusing me of being "depressed" when I am just fine

Favorite lead in phrase "Look, this is what you do (insert advice)"

Favorite reply once the other person has spoken: "No, that's not right because..."

Hates girly, feminine things

believes one needs to belong to a church but doesn't go very often, the major ceremonies are what is important

sex takes place ONLY in marriage or else it's wrong

doesn't mind foul language, often curses, takes God's name in vain etc yet is religious

Politically right wing

If she didn't see it or experience it first hand, it's not possible

everyone has a duty to be a parent and it's her place to make sure they know

untidy with housekeeping

doesn't primp

hates most music, says it gets on her nerves

has narrow range of what's normal behavior for people

likes men more than women

reads ghost stories and western romance novels but complains about their erotic content.

Likes action movies

doesn't always keep promises, "forgets"

likes to throw parties and often resents if her house is not the house picked for holding a get together but doesn't show much concern for guests comfort at such parties, house too hot, bathrooms not clean, etc.

hates sending birthday cards and things like that

if you give her children a gift, she picks it up and searches for price tag, not finding it, she looks you right in eye and asks where you bought item and how much you paid, when she returns gifts you give her, she calls and tells what she got instead. If you send her child a b-day card with no money, she will have said child call you and ask if you forgot to send the money.

really serious about paying respect at funerals, moreso than any other part of life.

wanted a dog very badly but once had dog, kept dog in backyard even in dead of winter, family is couch potato type so dog was all alone. When dog died she said "yeah it was probably heart worm" and that was all.

can be really insensitive at worst possible times

Can at times be very invasive about very personal matters

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
ESFJ.

Unity with house keeping seems to suggest P, but she could be ESFj.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Hmm, an unhealthy ESTJ, I'd say.

Edit : I partly chose this as you clearly don't care for her on almost every dimension, and the opposite of INFP is ESTJ :devil:

She also sounds like she needs to be put down, for the sake of humanity!

heart

heart on fire
Hmm, an unhealthy ESTJ, I'd say.

Edit : I partly chose this as you clearly don't care for her on almost every dimension, and the opposite of INFP is ESTJ :devil:

She also sounds like she needs to be put down, for the sake of humanity!

No your wrong that I don't care about her, I do care about her but I am perplexed by her and very few encouters with her come out positive( on my end, it used to take me days to decompress after spending time with her), the main issues have been that I am childfree by choice and she can't let go of the issue, constantly harping at me about why won't I and on and on and or complaining about what I wear (It's not normal enough attire in her view)

No matter how frank or sincere I've been in trying to explain myself, she's laughed it off, brushed it aside and kept right on. No matter I've said "this is way to personal and I don't want to discuss it" well then she just got offended.

She also harps at me about behaviors of my husband that she feels I should be keeping a tighter reign on. Somehow I'm also supposed to make him conform too, not sure how though...

She's a very giving and loving mother to her children and a very supportive spouse to her husband.

The thing is I can never tell if the woman seriously hates me and is just giving me a hard time to harass me or if she's clueless or a bit of both.

ESTJ or ISTJ.
I don't think she's an ESFJ at all.

Correct, there's zero social finesse there.

It is between the P and J that I have the most trouble typing her. She seems so dogmatic about social, religious, moral norms and yet she's just not concerned with keeping order in the material world. She speaks in a very Te order delievering mode most of the time, but I honestly can't say she's particularly logical.

She seems introverted (what I mean is she keeps people at emotional distance very protective of her emotional space), yet she's very loud and likes loud enviroment and seems to need lots of stimulation or else she feels bored.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't see any J at all: ESFP.

Sounds very much into the Se moment of things, while the strong viewpoint of how things have to be is Fi.

heart

heart on fire

Sounds very much into the Se moment of things, while the strong viewpoint of how things have to be is Fi.

Could an SP really be that repressed? From what I understand she doesn't care for sensuality and she's said flat out she doesn't like music. She isn't very physically active either. (she's healthy)

I've known her almost 20 yrs and she's never changed.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I

I don't see how she's ESF_, she doesn't seem like one.

G

garbage

ESTJ or ESFP. Both Te Guardian and Se/Fi make sense.

Either way, also off her rocker.

heart

heart on fire
Now I feel moved to defend her...she just has these really strong opinions and feels that it is her God given duty to help the rest of the world mend their ways. To her, this is caring about others. To me, it is dodging the phone when it rings.

I couldn't handle her too well.