• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTJ? ENTP?

G

garbage

but MBTI is a tool to help with self exploration and assessment. It is a method of breaking something that is intangible down into tangible means for the assessment that is needed for growth.

This screams xNTJ to me. You're looking for serious practical application of the ideas behind MBTI and looking at the pieces that help with that process.

At least.. as someone who's basically compulsive about bringing order to the external world, I know that I thrive on models and tools like the MBTI.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
I can't get over the fact that I can be perceived as being and ISFJ. I think it's hilarious. Sorry, now I'm starting to sound ungrateful. I might give it a second thought if he had pleaded a case for the assessment. An INTP might not be too far off, but that is my dad and brother, and I am more extraverted. Considering the fact that my dad and brother are very strong Ns and I keep up with them and challenge them conceptually, there is no doubt in my mind that I am an N. I tend to suppress emotions that I don't see as being reasonable, and I am very quick to getting over emotionally problems that do arise. I am a confrontational person, and I want to deal with a problem immediately when it arises.

G

garbage

I can't get over the fact that I can be perceived as being and ISFJ. ... I am a confrontational person, and I want to deal with a problem immediately when it arises.

All of this can describe any NT, really. ENTPs can still definitely be confrontational and direct.. sometimes it's a sign of typical NT insensitivity especially if the other party can't emotionally handle it absolutely immediately.

The first four sentences sound, again, very xNTJ, though.

Are your thoughts typically more organized and focused than your INTP relatives? I find that when I converse with INTPs the conversations can meander just about anywhere if I let the INTP lead them.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
My dad and my brother are both more articulate than I am, so when they say anything it tends to be very eloquent, well phrased and on-point. I tend to be the one that meanders during the conversations, and I tend to be fairly random with them. I think that I am closer to the J side than they are because my work ethic is better than theirs is. For example, they are both a bit more intelligent than I am, and they went to top UCs (Berkeley and Davis), but my grades surpass both of them. My dad and my brother never finish the projects they need to at home, but are very contentious of time lines if there is a penalty involved. Both my father and my brother pay all of their bills on time and are very careful to be a J for work.

I think we are a family that is destined to have no preference for the J/P...

MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJ. I'm sure you have some intuition/insight that you gained through your education, but you don't seem to have NT priorities.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
ESTJ. I'm sure you have some intuition/insight that you gained through your education, but you don't seem to have NT priorities.

I don't think you can spot the N unless you have a conversation with someone. I know a lot of ESTJs and we are not the same. I have such a hard time with my job because I am not an S. I actually can hardly stand it. I know it is a good stepping stone for what I would like to do, and I like the people- - thats why I stay there.

What priorities do you mean?

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
Total ENTJ.

Priorities and ambition don't define type.
You've softened your demeanour because you realize that introverted percievers don't enjoy or respond well to the stereotypical ENTJ blowhard behaviour.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTH.

The H stands for Hottie.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I don't think you can spot the N unless you have a conversation with someone. I know a lot of ESTJs and we are not the same. I have such a hard time with my job because I am not an S. I actually can hardly stand it. I know it is a good stepping stone for what I would like to do, and I like the people- - thats why I stay there.

What priorities do you mean?

Let me break down the major themes I get from your posts in this thread:

job, grades, work ethic, routine.

I don't see any evidence that you value concepts or new ideas other than where you simply state that you are capable of discussing them. I'm sure you can, but the ability to debate is not the same as seeing the world in terms of problems to be solved or phenomena to be understood. For example, in just about every post you talked about your grades and how well you do in your subjects. Nothing about whether you actually find any of them interesting.

(btw, I don't care if you proceed to tell me what you do find interesting. The only thing that would tell me is that, for whatever reason, you want to be an NT.)

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Let me break down the major themes I got from your posts in this thread:

job, grades, work ethic, routine.

I don't see any evidence that you value concepts or new ideas other than where you simply state that you are capable of discussing them. I'm sure you can, but the ability to debate is not the same as seeing the world in terms of problems to be solved or phenomena to be understood. For example, in just about every post you talked about your grades and how well you do in your subjects. Nothing about whether you actually find any of them interesting.

(btw, I don't care if you proceed to tell me what you do find interesting. The only thing that would tell me is that, for whatever reason, you want to be an NT.)

Why would I spend hours talking about concepts if I didn’t enjoy it? If I was an S, then I would be an S, but I’m not. I was trying to present the aspects of my personality that were applicable to the P/J and not the rest of it. I wasn’t asking for a full typing because I do have a firm understanding of the system as a whole. And I do find the subjects I take to be interesting. I was considering becoming a math or meteorology major earlier in the year. A lot of the people that come on here are here to talk to other Ns about concepts, but I am fulfilled by all of the N relationships I have in real life; I don’t need to talk to someone I don’t even know about them. Additionally, I think I am an ENTJ so I would be an extraverted thinker with introverted intuition. I am no S, trust me. I have an extended family of ESxJs and I don’t fit in in the least. I am an N all the way. I also consistently score highest on the N out of all of the preferences.

G

garbage

I am an N all the way. I also consistently score highest on the N out of all of the preferences.

No need to justify this, either. You probably know yourself better than other people do, especially just through a medium like an online forum. If you feel that you can take ENTx for granted and want help on J/P, well, that's just fine.

When I posted my thread asking about my type :)doh:), I just spouted off a lot of detailed facts. The fact that I thought long and hard about specific details didn't mean that I wasn't an N.. I just thought that such a list would be more useful than, say, "The pattern that I draw about myself is that I think intuitively. Am I an N or an S?" and so I actively tried to draw those details out.

Bougal

HUZZAH!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you for all the help with the typing. I think that I am an ENTJ that has softened my demeanor. Evidently, I am an extraverted thinker, and I am capable of know what goes on internally, introverted intuition, so that makes me a J. Thank you once again, and anymore insight would be appreciated.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for all the help with the typing. I think that I am an ENTJ that has softened my demeanor. Evidently, I am an extraverted thinker, and I am capable of know what goes on internally, introverted intuition, so that makes me a J. Thank you once again, and anymore insight would be appreciated.

Get rid of that x in the ENTx :D