• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Night!

What is Night's type?

• Total voters

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I don't see how either Ath or Nocap could possibly be considered correct.

Night, I think you should go with ISTP and get out of this crazy while you still can.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't see how either Ath or Nocap could possibly be considered correct.

Night, I think you should go with ISTP and get out of this crazy while you still can.
I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what I'm talking about with MBTI. I keep trying because I'm bored, but I really don't get it.

Night, maybe you should just get out of this typing mess while you can... unless it's already too late.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Well despite Haphazards cutting assessment on my knowledge, I have to insist that Night is ENTP.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Night said:
Provocative question, Thursday.

Fe Xe.

She's a far better human being than I'll ever be.

Ni Fi.

I try to mirror many of my compassionate tendencies against her general example.
Fe No wait... that one's right.

yeah ?
No.
Except the third.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
ENTP, Nocapszy. . . ?

Why not INTP?

redacted

You're funny, iwakar. Here's a snippet:

INFJ --

- Generally speaking, I feel a strong protective urge for others. I feel honest, unconditional warmth for people (I can't really put the exact feeling into words) that seems to outweigh the general sense of negativity for folks who've wronged me (what has been described as a broken coping mechanism/divine gift...).
- As a child, I actively donated to Christian Charity funds that worked to reduce hunger in places like Africa; Central Asia and the like.
- Would willingly sacrifice myself for a worthy cause
- Feel strongly compelled by the suffering of others/can't rest until pain is relieved
- Very warm/happy personality

INTJ --

- Dislike external displays of emotion -- especially when inappropriate. This is especially true in my adult years. Maybe the result of social conditioning?
- Have a natural gift at ascertaining the "hidden" nature of complex theoretical systems -- especially to the extent that I can forecast future behavior/tendencies of said system.
- All but immune to criticism/desire for emotional support. The same goes for praise. How I "feel" about myself has almost nothing to do with how people tell me I'm doing and everything to do with my internal register.
- I keep a poor social ledger (I rarely maintain long-term relationships with others).

Focus on appropriateness is Fe. Also, I relate to all of these. The 3rd one for INTJ is interesting -- it's probably the reason you're so hard to type. It seems to me like you rely on the Ni-Ti axis when external stuff gets uncomfortable, so criticism could easily be something you turn intellectual instead of feeling the consequences of.

P.S. My first girlfriend was ENFJ, and if I had learned MBTI then, there's no chance at all I would have typed myself as F next to her :)

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
You and Dansker were my IRC pals from way back when (during my insomnia stint -- whew!)

Plus, you and I share a syn link...

INFJ ?

Yeah, I was thinking of that, as well as your posts. I know Nocaps knows you well, but I still can't see NP for you. (btw I still don't know how you functioned on that little sleep - I go to pieces if I get less than 4 hours a night)

And I can't shake the impression that you've put a lot of thought into what sort of person you want to be. So, I'm less inclined to use your overt behaviour to type you than I would for someone else. :)

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
THe writers are wording things poorly, so when it comes down to the test, Flak noticed those writers were wrong, but instead of blaming it on the writers, he just blew off the entire theory of functions.
As they're being used, yeah, but it's due to more than just the ability of the writers.

The reader doesn't really understand what they're reading thereby making false calculations.

Think of it this way: If on a math test, the teacher wrote "5+4=?" but the kid had dyslexia, he'd read "5?+4=" and would have no idea how to make enough sense of the equation to get the right answer.

That's what's happening.
More than you're admitting here, certainly. If you strip out the INFP's "logical" analysis of the situation, as well should be done, would you come up with the same? I highly doubt it.

I've watched INFPs solve logic problems before, and it's cute when I'm unconcerned with the results, and sad when I am. "Oh, but...Wait, if I make Ti dominant for INTPs I have to...Yeah, it all goes together if P is only concerned with the extraverted function."

But if you analyze the I/O scheme for the types, you might see that Ps are very concerned with input (analysis via S or N), and Js are very concerned with output (producing decisions with T or F). And everything goes together a lot better than the INFP method of mysticizing the dominant function of every introvert.

Night, seeming more concerned with output, is probably J.

redacted

It seems to me like you rely on the Ni-Ti axis when external stuff gets uncomfortable, so criticism could easily be something you turn intellectual instead of feeling the consequences of.

I always interpret these things as coping mechanisms...it's also possible that you've reached a level of maturity and actualization in which you no longer need to look outside for validation. I know an older INFJ like this.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that was a really interesting explanation jack...cool...i like it. :)

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well despite Haphazards cutting assessment on my knowledge, I have to insist that Night is ENTP.
there is no way he's is extroverted or perceiving. the end. Night is overly considerate, unlike the few INTJ's I know irl and the handful I know online.

Hope you don't mind me sharing this, but when Limey was in your neck of the woods last year and informed you of that, I imagined you running to the nearest corner and planting yourself there till he was outta the area. Not b/c you don't like him, but I thought you would have been too nervous to meet him and I don't know any extroverts who are too nervous to meet anyone.

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
Hey Night, I've seen your posts, like others have said it seems a lot of your posts are less direct than most INTJs, I've seen. So its more likely you're actually being INFJ or ENTP with highly developed tertiaries, Ti or Fe. I would consider INFJ, I've noticed you're very hospitable, its possible when a person has matured to have good ability with the third function, so that could explain Ti.

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
If you wish to put the question to rest, Night, I have the full copy of the official 93 question test and I'll be able to score you. PM me on INTPc if you're interested, we'd have to set up some kind of chat. :)

Maybe the question though, is why do you find the need to define yourself as one type?

What drives you.

What are you passionate about.

You profess a deep sympathy for humankind, yet there's the sense of an observer vs. a lover. Why the detachment?

And consequently, what are you attached to?

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
If you wish to put the question to rest, Night, I have the full copy of the official 93 question test and I'll be able to score you. PM me on INTPc if you're interested, we'd have to set up some kind of chat. :)

Maybe the question though, is why do you find the need to define yourself as one type?

What drives you.

What are you passionate about.

You profess a deep sympathy for humankind, yet there's the sense of an observer vs. a lover. Why the detachment?

And consequently, what are you attached to?
I'd be interested. ;) Vent works well for me.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Haha, the last choice is the best poll option ever. :D

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
there is no way he's is extroverted or perceiving. the end. Night is overly considerate, unlike the few INTJ's I know irl and the handful I know online.
Alright fair enough, but then answer me this: If there's no way he's E or P, how is there a way he's a considerate NT?

Hope you don't mind me sharing this, but when Limey was in your neck of the woods last year and informed you of that, I imagined you running to the nearest corner and planting yourself there till he was outta the area. Not b/c you don't like him, but I thought you would have been too nervous to meet him and I don't know any extroverts who are too nervous to meet anyone.
Ah, so then by virtue of the fact that you don't know any, then such an extrovert doesn't exist?