• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help Night!

What is Night's type?

• Total voters

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I think INTJ. I identify with you a lot and your thought processes appear to be extremely similar to mine but more mature. INTJs have the odd trait of being inherently discontent and yet almost compelled to go in a single direction (as much as we may occasionally drift off that path to investigate random things). Some seem to cement the cliche INTJ stereotypes as they get older/more mature and some seem to focus more on socialization.

The INFJ traits that you mentioned a few pages back in that list are not incompatible with the INTJ type. Although the INFJ is more outwardly value driven, it seems to me that passion and deep emotion/values drives us just as much. INTJs don't have to be hard, or rough, or nerdy scientists.

I think that you have simply become comfortable with yourself and your position in the real world and have lost a lot of fear that you may have had previously, which makes you less likely to have to think as much before you act and more able to focus on the non traditionally T motives. You can stop worrying about how to help/protect yourself and worry about doing so for others. In regards to your first post Enneagram comment, that is almost cliche Type 5 ascension to 8.

Here are some excerpts from my Enneagram book which discusses this concept in relative detail:

The Direction of Integration: Five Goes to Eight

They have incorporated their perceptions of the world into themselves by identifying with them instead of observing them. They no longer identify just with their thoughts, but also with the objects of their thoughts.

Their confidence will come not from some collection of skills or some vast body of information that they have memorized, but from a real connection with their presence in the world. They then experience themselves not as separate from the world, not as a helpless speck, but as a powerful, integral part of it.

Thus, integrating Fives realize that they are able to contribute something worthwhile to others.

In regards to ENTP...I think that it would make sense that after feeling you've developed the necessary amount of expertise in whatever your interest is, you turn your focus outwards and develop more interest in a broader array of topics, combined with a more outgoing overall feeling due to increased confidence in the world. But I think that is like being an ENTP on the outside...but without necessarily having the ENTP thought process.

I think that, particularly on the internet, it is easy to see INTJs who never advance beyond the typical personality page version and it takes real confidence to express the non-intellectual side. So basically, I just think you are a very mature INTJ....and that's rare enough to cause you to seriously question it.

Also, I have no doubt that I am an INTJ because I am around an INFJ constantly and have discussed it in depth, but I can relate with everything you put in post #53 with the exception of genuine warmth for people in general....but I expect to develop this eventually. I'm just not at that point yet.

Night said:
She's a far better human being than I'll ever be. I try to mirror many of my compassionate tendencies against her general example.

...and that seems exactly like something I would say...

(except not about your wife, lol)

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
You make some very strong points, Metamorphosis. I appreciate the strength of your evaluation -- I think I particularly identify with your "5 to 8" summary.

Good stuff, brother.

heart

heart on fire
Also, I have no doubt that I am an INTJ because I am around an INFJ constantly and have discussed it in depth, but I can relate with everything you put in post #53 with the exception of genuine warmth for people in general....but I expect to develop this eventually. I'm just not at that point yet...

What exactly does genuine warmth for people in general mean to you?

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
But I think that is like being an ENTP on the outside...but without necessarily having the ENTP thought process.

Meta is clearer an INTJ in my eyes.

Digest posted this on INTPc on a thread about NTs on NTs, about the ENTP's modus operandi.

ENTP.jpg

While it is strictly tongue-in-cheek and ascribing somewhat to the scatter-brained stereotype of the ENTP, the truth of it is ENTPs are centred when there is chaos and operate well responding with a flow. We're apt to feel more antsy in stillness.

You're somewhat more considered and detached than that, hence my earlier questions. :) I've a feeling what makes me feel alive would very well make you panic.

So what makes you feel alive, Night?

Edit: There was another thread some eons back about mapping your mind: have you tried that?

Edit 2: This one: http://www.typologycentral.com/foru.../5336-diagram-your-thoughts-emotions-etc.html

white

~dangerous curves ahead~
MBTI Type
ENTP
omg please say "breathing"

A response that plays to the gallery? :)

I waver between whether Night is seeking affirmation, or distraction, or is it a neutral enquiry, to be honest. It feels like the person is undergoing some stress so there's a considerable bit of shadow emerging, that's all. So it isn't just an answer that's being sought here... more a voice seeking some release via opening some veins, maybe.

But that could just be my projections too. :)

redacted

I think Fe and Ti are clear. I also think N dom is clear. So ENTP and INFJ fit. But I see much more Ni than Ne, which is why I think INFJ.

(INFJ and ENTP are very close types.)

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Can I see just one example that is exclusively Ni rather than Ne?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
?

No, but...ummm....I'm bad with specifics.
So don't remember them. I don't care.

Looking through his post history to find a single example can't be that hard.
And don't tell me you haven't the effort, because I see you posting up a storm in these cases.

Bring some evidence to the court once in a while. It's no more effort. Just effort spent somewhere else.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You're quite possibly one of the most complex people I've ever run across. You seem to command Fe AND Fi, Ne AND Ni, same for the T functions.

You're empathic, empathetic, curious, polite, edgy, droll, and take care of yourself. Your humor could stem from Ni/Fi, like my INTJ bff, but you feel "substantial" - meaning, Ne sort of takes up the room, unlike receding Ni.

You seem very NT at any rate. I could get with INTJ. I could possibly get with INTP, maybe ENTP. But I think you may just be a well-adjusted more outgoing INTJ? My INTJ bff's dad is also an INTJ and he can be very cuddly and personal. When he came to see me in the hospital, he sat by my bed and talked away, making me laugh and being normalizing. He even surprised his INFP wife by announcing that he was going to the hospital to see me (and Jaye after me) because he hates hospitals. (She's a nurse.)

It's something like when I first met MetalWounds. My gut instinct about him was ISTP (though I puzzled over it for ages), but his Intuition is so highly developed and employed that it threw all guesses off for quite a while.