• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Interesting Case

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
Eh...I don't think Fi dominant. All of his emotional analysis, and talking about moods, is simply indicative of someone who is very self absorbed at the moment, and into self discovery and figuring himself out. Also, as Flak mentioned, he's not the healthiest of individuals at this point either. And just because a certain type isn't 'supposed' to have Fi in their top 4, doesn't mean they don't experience emotions and assess them. (also as others have pointed out, *everyone* has emotions, and the emotions themselves are not indicative of the cognitive process which is Fi.)

From skimming all of it, I'd guess INTx. INxx for sure, and based on some of his commentary on interactions with people, and other various things, I don't think INF.

This is what I was thinking.

redacted

Fe:
"Much of my self-image is dependent on something physical: what others say, what I produce; my self-esteem comes from the outside world. This makes me highly sensitive to external influences. If for example, I produce a work of art or do a good job at work, it makes me feel better about myself. If someone comments to how intelligent or interesting I am, I feel better about myself. However I'm also sensitive to the opposite -- failure in the real world leads me into a maelstrom of self-doubt, self-hatred, depression, and nihilism. If, for example, I had a mediocre score on an IQ test, I may obsess over how stupid I am. However, since my self-image is varied and sensitive, it would take some positive reinforcement from the outside world to bring me back up."

"My self-image is dependent on the external world. I feel this is important since I think mine is more in the extreme, compared to the norm. Since I have had no success at all in romantic relations, I see myself as ugly, undesireable, and inferior."

"Sometimes I will "change" my self-perception to set myself differently from others." Fe and Ni

"As much as I am addicted to self-analysis, I have a bit of a fear of my emotions." Not Fi

"I don't make those comments if I know the person will hate me for it, but I do like knowing I shock them and might stand out in their mind as someone who is different."

"In spite of all of this, I do like to be admired and seen as daring by others."

"At first I thought it was going to be an anonymous prank, but I have the urge to brag about it. I already mentioned what I am going to do to several people. I want them to admire me and respect me and see that I am daring and strong. I want them to realize I am powerful and won't let anything stop me from having fun."

IJ:
"I am very cautious of any new experiences."

"Even though I haven't ever been out drinking before, and don't know what it's like, and see nothing wrong in drinking itself (I have no ethical qualms about it), I would still decline because I am nervous of what could happen there. I doubt I could fit in, and I would probably end up making a fool of myself. Besides, I don't have any strong compulsion to go out and drink so what would I be missing?"

There's definitely some evidence I missed, I just skimmed.

P.S. he's a type 9

redacted

The Fe seems week to me, though. Like it's not the outward driving force, but rather something annoying in the background.

It's not in the background, it limits all of his actions (it must be his first extroverted function). It's possible his Ti is stronger than Fe (as it's safer, since it can't be contradicted in its own environment), but there definitely isn't a stronger extroverted function.

augmented

MBTI Type
ENTP
i was thinking INTP but evan makes a good point...that Fe is strong. also the taking a host role when hes feelin extraverted, don't seem like much of an INTP thing to do. i might say ISFJ though, i don't see that much Ni really, other than analyzing his personality obsessively, which could just be Ti. He's hella influenced by the past and scared of the unknown...

either way, this guys struggling.

redacted

^Yeah either ISFJ or INFJ. But I'll lean towards N dominant based on his language/method of self-analysis. Also his ability to mirror those around him -- he can switch from perspective to perspective as a function of his environment.

Actually, yeah, I'll say INFJ all the way. And type 9.

(If he was INTP, his extroverted personality would look more Ne than Fe, which it definitely doesn't.)

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
INTP. I see a lot of myself in this profile. This guy is much more pessimistic. I've always been able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The light has become a big, bold picture as I've grown older. Yes, that means I'm not completely happy with life as it is now.

This is written in the first person, but I'm not so sure the author was profiling himself. I would guestimate that the author also happens to be INTP--possibly referencing a little bit of personal experience? You can see how this profile is constructed with mental sticky notes, Ti/Ne. An INTJ might prefer lay the groundwork with facts to build his or her case. In any case, the author knows classic INTPs very well.

Yes, no?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
INTP. I see a lot of myself in this profile. This guy is much more pessimistic. I've always been able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. The light has become a big, bold picture as I've grown older. Yes, that means I'm not completely happy with life as it is now.

This is written in the first person, but I'm not so sure the author was profiling himself. I would guestimate that the author also happens to be INTP--possibly referencing a little bit of personal experience? You can see how this profile is constructed with mental sticky notes. An INTJ might prefer lay the groundwork with facts to build his or her case. In any case, the author knows classic INTPs very well.

Yes, no?
Yes
no

redacted

How can it be yes and no? INTPs have that whole Ti/Ne thing going.

Don't bother. :)

Anyways, I definitely see Ti, but not really Ne. Seems like more of an Ni type of thing. Again, Ni/Ti/Fe is possible, but it would still be INFJ.

LostInNerSpace

MBTI Type
INTP
Don't bother. :)

Anyways, I definitely see Ti, but not really Ne. Seems like more of an Ni type of thing. Again, Ni/Ti/Fe is possible, but it would still be INFJ.

I was attempting to type the author, not necessarily the subject.

P:
I have never been a responsible person. I forget things, lose things, disregard things. In school I would forget if I had homework and learn next day that I did. If I have a physical object, I lose it easily. If I have bills to be paid, I put them off until I'm in "the mood" for them. I just handle everything very casually.

IN: (head in the clouds):
In school I hardly ever followed directions or listened to the teacher. Even to this day I have great difficulty hearing details. If someone gives me directions to do something in a certain order, I often forget it by the time I get to the task. Sometimes I'll say "Ok" and walk away to do the task - without remembering anything the person said!

Fe: (INTPs have some Fe)
Often I can become outgoing and extraverted when I have to play a "host" role. When I went to band practice alone, I was rather quiet and observant. When I brought people from work and introduced them, I was more into mingling and talking. Speaking of roles, I absolutely require roles if I am to feel comfortable. If I know what is expected of me, I can fulfill that role easily. I am like an actor who can speak lines perfectly but if forced into an improv situation, panicks.

(incomplete, I know)

Admittedly, I'm not really up to speed on the whole dominance thing. One of these days when I have a good enough reason I'll go back and read Keirsey.