• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help type me please

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Hey, I mentioned before in the Intro's thread that I've taken online tests and scored as different combinations of MBTI types. Sometimes I feel like one, other times I feel like another, and other times I feel different. Anyway, my point here is which test is the absolute most accurate to help type me? I want to narrow my type down to ONE. Thanks.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Anyway, my point here is which test is the absolute most accurate to help type me? I want to narrow my type down to ONE "
Fi
so many questions - even the thing that didn't need a question

INFP - we are famous for going from type to type, even when we find out we are infps

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Anyway, my point here is which test is the absolute most accurate to help type me? I want to narrow my type down to ONE "
Fi
so many questions - even the thing that didn't need a question

INFP - we are famous for going from type to type, even when we find out we are infps
Really? Why wouldn't that be an indicator of Judging?

Edit: I re-bolded the part that I noticed.

Last edited:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? Why wouldn't that be an indicator of Judging?

hmm...true
it's judging - but introverted
i jump the gun sometimes - but i still think Fi dom - we doubt our type as much as (s)he stated

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I looked at the definitions of many types, and I actually think INTJ and ISTP describe me the best. But as I mentioned before, online tests have pegged me different types, from ENTJ to INFJ, etc.

hmm...true
it's judging - but introverted
i jump the gun sometimes - but i still think Fi dom - we doubt our type as much as (s)he stated

Yeah. he by the way.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Did you try Jack Flak's test?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Yeah, I got ESTP/ESTJ on that one.
I'd like to help you figure out which type you are.
I just got done reading every post you've made.
Firstly, it would help me out to know how old are you?

Funny how you judged yourself as an E on Jack's test,
but on the Personal DNA test you were low in extroversion.
Not only that, but on the Personality Disorder test you scored "high"
in only one category and that was "antisocial".

Do you do your best thinking alone, or around other people?

If you had to choose between 2 islands to spend a month vacation on (provisions included), one where you would be by yourself, or one that would be densely populated and you would hardly get to be alone, which one would you choose? And why?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I'd like to help you figure out which type you are.
I just got done reading every post you've made.
Firstly, it would help me out to know how old are you?

Funny how you judged yourself as an E on Jack's test,
but on the Personal DNA test you were low in extroversion.
Not only that, but on the Personality Disorder test you scored "high"
in only one category and that was "antisocial".

Do you do your best thinking alone, or around other people?

If you had to choose between 2 islands to spend a month vacation on (provisions included), one where you would be by yourself, or one that would be densely populated and you would hardly get to be alone, which one would you choose? And why?

I'm 21. My best thinking is sometimes done alone, but when other people are there, I get ideas too. When I am alone for a long time, I get restless. When I'm with people, I usually get energized after spending enough time with them.

If I had to choose between those two islands, I would probably pick the alone island if I had the same benefits on each island. It would be somewhat of a tough choice though, I just like having my own space a lot of times.

The other thing is sometimes I like to be around many friends, but then other times I want to be left alone. It fluctuates a lot, and I notice in the mornings I'm more introverted while in the night I feel more extraverted.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
from Chapter I of Part I of Conscious Orientation by Dr. J. H. van der Hoop

"...some people, in the way in which they consciously seek direction and adjustment in their lives, are almost exclusively guided by objects of the external world. Facts and, circumstances, the opinions and feelings of other people, and ideas in current use, determine the adaptations which these people make to life. When in difficulty, they seek support first of all from the external world. Jung calls these people outwardly directed, or extraverted types. Another group of people are guided, in so far as conscious motives are concerned, by entirely different factors; they are primarily conscious of their own subjective reactions to events. They are peculiarly sensitive to these—to what they feel, how they think, about any situation. Where these reactions conflict, they seek to weld them into some sort of harmony of attitude and opinion. In their adjustment to life they thus take as starting-point their own needs and the demands of their own being. They also consult these when in difficulty, and for this purpose they withdraw into themselves. For this reason Jung called them inwardly directed, or introverted types."

Based on this interpretation of Jung's work, and basing it on how you have generally behaved from the time you were about 8 years old until now, which would you say is the most natural, automatic and comfortable way that you interact with the world and where you direct your energy?

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
from Chapter I of Part I of Conscious Orientation by Dr. J. H. van der Hoop

"...some people, in the way in which they consciously seek direction and adjustment in their lives, are almost exclusively guided by objects of the external world. Facts and, circumstances, the opinions and feelings of other people, and ideas in current use, determine the adaptations which these people make to life. When in difficulty, they seek support first of all from the external world. Jung calls these people outwardly directed, or extraverted types. Another group of people are guided, in so far as conscious motives are concerned, by entirely different factors; they are primarily conscious of their own subjective reactions to events. They are peculiarly sensitive to these—to what they feel, how they think, about any situation. Where these reactions conflict, they seek to weld them into some sort of harmony of attitude and opinion. In their adjustment to life they thus take as starting-point their own needs and the demands of their own being. They also consult these when in difficulty, and for this purpose they withdraw into themselves. For this reason Jung called them inwardly directed, or introverted types."

Based on this interpretation of Jung's work, and basing it on how you have generally behaved from the time you were about 8 years old until now, which would you say is the most natural, automatic and comfortable way that you interact with the world and where you direct your energy?

I think I tend to like individual activities but when I do hang out in groups, I generally feel satisfied... I would say I'm still trying to debate which one I belong to, I'd say either way, it's really really close. Barely Introverted maybe. Now I need to figure out the other 3 letters lol. I'm pretty sure I'm a T.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I think I tend to like individual activities but when I do hang out in groups, I generally feel satisfied... I would say I'm still trying to debate which one I belong to, I'd say either way, it's really really close. Barely Introverted maybe. Now I need to figure out the other 3 letters lol. I'm pretty sure I'm a T.
Try to study this quote again and see which one defines the way you approach life.

Jung calls these people outwardly directed, or extraverted types:

• consciously seek direction and adjustment in their lives almost exclusively guided by objects of the external world.

• Facts and, circumstances,
  • the opinions and feelings of other people, and
  • ideas in current use,
determine the adaptations which these people make to life.

• When in difficulty, they seek support first of all from the external world.

Jung called them inwardly directed, or introverted types:

• guided, in so far as conscious motives are concerned, by entirely different factors; they are primarily conscious of their own subjective reactions to events.

• They are peculiarly sensitive to these—

• to what they feel,
  • how they think, about any situation.
Where these reactions conflict, they seek to weld them into some sort of harmony of attitude and opinion.
In their adjustment to life they thus take as starting-point their own needs and the demands of their own being.
They also consult these when in difficulty, and for this purpose they withdraw into themselves.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Try to study this quote again and see which one defines the way you approach life.

Jung calls these people outwardly directed, or extraverted types:

• consciously seek direction and adjustment in their lives almost exclusively guided by objects of the external world.

• Facts and, circumstances,
  • the opinions and feelings of other people, and
  • ideas in current use,
determine the adaptations which these people make to life.

• When in difficulty, they seek support first of all from the external world.

Jung called them inwardly directed, or introverted types:

• guided, in so far as conscious motives are concerned, by entirely different factors; they are primarily conscious of their own subjective reactions to events.

• They are peculiarly sensitive to these—

• to what they feel,
  • how they think, about any situation.
Where these reactions conflict, they seek to weld them into some sort of harmony of attitude and opinion.
In their adjustment to life they thus take as starting-point their own needs and the demands of their own being.
They also consult these when in difficulty, and for this purpose they withdraw into themselves.

Introverted, and I'm pretty sure I'm a Thinker. So now I need to figure out the other two letters.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Introverted, and I'm pretty sure I'm a Thinker. So now I need to figure out the other two letters.
As a reminder, we all use all the functions at some time, but MBTI is about what is most automatic, natural and comfortable for you, most of the time.

As far as J and P go, a J needs closure and a P needs to leave their options open as long as possible.

If it's hard to tell what you are, it's good to sort of compare yourself to other people you know.

For instance, my husband always says stuff like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it", Stay flexible and have fun", "Do I have to decide right now?" He is a P. He feels more comfortable leaving his options open, so that he can make the best decision at the time action must be taken.

Me? That drives me nuts! I want to know right now. I want it all decided ahead of time. I want to plan ahead. I want to check out all my options, make the best choice, and close the issue! I'm a J.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
As a reminder, we all use all the functions at some time, but MBTI is about what is most automatic, natural and comfortable for you, most of the time.

As far as J and P go, a J needs closure and a P needs to leave their options open as long as possible.

If it's hard to tell what you are, it's good to sort of compare yourself to other people you know.

For instance, my husband always says stuff like, "We'll cross that bridge when we come to it", Stay flexible and have fun", "Do I have to decide right now?" He is a P. He feels more comfortable leaving his options open, so that he can make the best decision at the time action must be taken.

Me? That drives me nuts! I want to know right now. I want it all decided ahead of time. I want to plan ahead. I want to check out all my options, make the best choice, and close the issue! I'm a J.

lol then it sounds like I am a P to be honest. So I got I, T, and P. Now I just need to figure out the S or N part. How would you explain that?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
ISTJ or ESTJ if you're male, harder to say if you're female.

Nat

MBTI Type
INFJ
Based on the posts on this thread, I would say you are an ISTJ.

ISTJ or ESTJ if you're male, harder to say if you're female.

Why does gender make a difference?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
lol then it sounds like I am a P to be honest. So I got I, T, and P. Now I just need to figure out the S or N part. How would you explain that?
Would you please explain why you think you're a P?
I would like to sort of verify it.
I know you have a pretty good basic understanding of MBTT, but I'd like to verify it for myself if you don't mind.
What did I say that made you think you are a P, and how are you more like my husband than me?