• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What Type is God?

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah? His whole shtick is getting people to join him in heaven. If I had a badass place like heaven I'd try to keep most people out.

umm.. the mere existence of a hell? and there is only one creator right? so a lower priority to Fe but Fe none the less?

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
umm.. the mere existence of a hell? and there is only one creator right? so a lower priority to Fe but Fe none the less?
Seriously . . . you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Or are you high or something?

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seriously . . . you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Or are you high or something?

Ti deficiency?

srsly though, think about it and it might make sense... think first structure later that is.

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Ti deficiency?

srsly though, think about it and it might make sense... think first structure later that is.
Your position thus far is incoherent.

The question you answered in shorthand was why would an Introvert invite everyone that's ever lived to reside with him, together, for all of eternity. That seems rather extroverted to me. With that, you made a two sentence connection expecting the people involved in this thread to connect the dots and or read your mind. You also made reference to Hell, but there isn't a Hell in Judaism - except living amongst the Goyim, if one were to consider that - so your argument only holds true (whatever it is) for Christianity.

I suspect you have something interesting to add, so if you could elaborate by making a comprehensive argument that extends passed one or two sentences . . . that would be appreciated.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
HMM. If there were said "God," I'd say INTP or ENTP, because he's a starter, not a finisher.

?

How is he not a finisher? Apparently everything will go according to "God's plan," which would mean every single action or thought we have has already been predetermined. And God already has a finished ending, and that's in revelation with the tribulations.

And to the OP, this is strictly towards Judaism and Christianity God speaking right? Not other religions?

He's more of a passive individual only intervening once every 1000+ years making him a P

I strongly disagree with that. According to religion, specifically Christianity, God would be intervening in every single moment of our lives. Since God is omnipotent, omniscient, and transcends everything in this world, he is constantly watching over us, and protecting his followers. He is just very subtle.

I'm having a tough time believing that God is an I. For instance, within Christianity and Judaism, God is an active God. In Judaism, God is amongst the minion when one is formed and there is a lot of praying going on within the Jewish community three times a day, every day. Likewise, I believe the Christian God is supposed to be among them when two or more are praying. And, I'm sure that's the same case for Muslims, and them folks are praying all day, practically.

I was actually thinking the third time around that he could quite be an INTJ. I can't picture an ENFJ getting upset when things don't go their way, but I could definitely imagine an INTJ expect things to be correct and getting extremely agitated when their plans go sour.

And in response to the Jewish community praying three times a day...
technically we don't even know if God really created our world in 7 days(our time), or 7 days in his time which could amount to millions of years. So three prayers a day in our time could be a lot of pestering to one of us, or it could equate to a billionth of a second or less to God. It's trippy to think about that. And some physicists say that there are at least 10 dimensions in our universe and that God should be present in all of these and possibly even another, so time might not even be a factor for God.

The Christian God seems to give people a lot of chances. Especially when you consider that you can sin up the place all your life and then profess your belief in Jesus on your death be in order to get "Saved" at the last possible minute. I don't think a T would allow such a thing.

He has given people a lot of chances, and he always promises to basically give us unlimited chances like you mentioned earlier, however it has also lost his temper quite a few times, just to mention a few popular stories, flooding the earth, sodom and gomorah(sp?), and plaguing Egypt, and this isn't to even mention stories within the people he favored. I could definitely see a T getting pissed and just screwing the people back.

Depends on which facet of God we're looking at...

The Dude who created the Universe? Probably an ISTP- that takes some real craftmanship and skills

The Unforgiving God who smites people? ENTJ... and he's watching you :ninja:

The Demented Deity who gives us the Platypus, Ebola and hailstorms? Probably an ENTP god who got bored :doh:

The loving, forgiving God who doesn't want you to break thier commandments but if you appologize really nicely you might get into heaven? ENFJ... and you'd better appologize really nicely ;)

The God who just sits back and watches but does nothing? probably an INTP...

Just depends on which God we're talking about here I guess :)

I liked that, God does seem to have several different personality traits at many given times. Is it even really possibly to attempt to type someone that outclasses all of us?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Judeo-Christian God - ESTJ - needs lots of validation, demands that absurd things be done ("I want macaroni pictures!"), always trying to be in control of everything, aggressive, career driven, etc, etc.

Kaizer

sophiloist
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your position thus far is incoherent.

The question you answered in shorthand was why would an Introvert invite everyone that's ever lived to reside with him, together, for all of eternity. That seems rather extroverted to me. With that, you made a two sentence connection expecting the people involved in this thread to connect the dots and or read your mind. You also made reference to Hell, but there isn't a Hell in Judaism - except living amongst the Goyim, if one were to consider that - so your argument only holds true (whatever it is) for Christianity.

I suspect you have something interesting to add, so if you could elaborate by making a comprehensive argument that extends passed one or two sentences . . . that would be appreciated.

Qualifier first.. this is a hypothetical and is more likely to serve the most universal concept of God i.e. whatever 'beliefs' or outlooks the various forms of organized religion, which generally are in a more of a canonical form than not, have in common to whatever degree and at whatever level of abstraction.

My reasoning isn't as concrete as a definite construct would prefer to have.. but fwiw.. humankind knows that conflict isn't good = harmony is better but is weak at it and also seems to find relief in the notion... so a weak Fe = in the tertiary or inferior slot.

So be it reincarnation or a hell, if its a benevolent, omnipresent, omniscient etc. God (or FLOABW, transcendent 'being'), then given human condition, history and the various notions of a creator God as opposed to a manipulator God, 'personality' aspects would likely have the combination of N & P, especially when considering that the leading function should be a judgmental one (which would make INTP more likely = leading Ti & since theres a tertiary Si and not an Se) or if thats what we see then a parenting T (ENTP, Te parenting with a leading Ni), with a non-leading & a non-parenting Fe, which again eliminates all but the two i.e. INTP & ENTP when considering both the 4 letter code view and the functions view of 'personality'.

Not yet sure though if this is an exhaustive argument or not.

And again, all hypothetical.

G-Virus

Broud Balestinian
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If you believe in God, then you believe that God created everything. If God created everything then God also created Logic and the ability to create an abstract theory like MBTI. Is a creator bound to the laws that bind the creation? Am I bound by the parameters I impose on a computer program that I make?

Thus God is above type and need not be typed. It's like the machine I make trying to make sense of what I am in term of machine code.

/shitting on thread

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The type that doesn't exist ?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The not so funny type. Whichever that one is.

Sorry that Uber stole your original answer. ;)

... which again eliminates all but the two i.e. INTP & ENTP when considering both the 4 letter code view and the functions view of 'personality'.

So God is either Hustler or Nocapzsy?

That would explain a lot.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I think God is an INTJ.

I see so much irony in life that could only have come from the mind of such a being. INTJ writers tend to have that same brand of humor and perception as God, too.

I'm going INTJ or INTP for the same reason.

:yes:

Darjur

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Yeah? His whole shtick is getting people to join him in heaven. If I had a badass place like heaven I'd try to keep most people out.

Well, looking at the rules you have to follow, I'd say he made it pretty darn right impossible for most people to get into heaven.

He basically just went "You want in? Well, you have to walk around an unwalkable wall, then I'll let you in."

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Well, looking at the rules you have to follow, I'd say he made it pretty darn right impossible for most people to get into heaven.

He basically just went "You want in? Well, you have to walk around an unwalkable wall, then I'll let you in."
Is that an intelligence test? No reason you can't walk around an unwalkable wall. That old God's a tricky fucker.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you believe in God, then you believe that God created everything. If God created everything then God also created Logic and the ability to create an abstract theory like MBTI. Is a creator bound to the laws that bind the creation? Am I bound by the parameters I impose on a computer program that I make?

Thus God is above type and need not be typed. It's like the machine I make trying to make sense of what I am in term of machine code.
My sentiments exactly! Type is about perception and judgment, and why would God "prefer" one over another. You see plenty of both in the Bible portrayal of him. Our preference for one is based on lack of strength in the others, and God would not have any such difference in "strengths" of perception and judgment?
(I myself would also believe Jesus as the Son of God also shares this non-preference for any process. He uses them all as needed).

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
The alpha and omega type ?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9

That's very Old Testament POV.